Scholar

Receding gum on a vegan diet.

30 posts in this topic

yeah totally, for those who dont know fasting is the most powerful anticancer intervention there is.

A well know study showed that patients who were in a fasted state during their chemo showed drastically reduced negative long term impact from the chemo radiation. something about being fasted was protective against the chemo, has implications for other environmental stressors on health obv. too

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell

10 hours ago, Shiva said:

The sad life story of a nutrition expert:

First he gains many years of life expectancy by eating super healthy. Then he loses his gained life expectancy due to the constant stress caused by arguing with people about which diet is the best :D

No actually im trying to claw back some quality of life after I was robbed of a normal healthy existence by my stupid hippie parents who fed me a plant based diet in my early years. I just hope the truth gets out before there are more casualties like me.

It's laughable how much my health improved after i stopped all that BS.

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell

they were extremely health conscious, to their detriment and were taken in by all manner of plant based hucksters preaching the health beneefits of the diet, I was allowed refined sugar once a yeaar on halloween for example.

My advocacy against veganism here is not some unconscious backlash against whatever my parents happened to do.

It is def possible for some individuals to tolerate vegan diets given they have a robust microbiome and optimal genetics able to neutralize the various chemical assaults from plant foods and extract maximal nutrients from it.

BUT

it would be an experiment that is likely to fail with liffe altering consequences for those that are not so inclined

Know the facts and BE CAREFUL, closely monitor the state of your health and if you choose to go down this road is all im saying.

1 minute ago, Shiva said:

@montecristo Well, I have no intentions to convert you to veganism. I'm not a vegan missionary or something like that :D do what you think is right and I do the same.

I didnt think you were. I just think there should be a PSA about this veganism stuff is all.

I respect the impulse tremendously that makes a person become vegan or at least reduce their meat consumption but people really need to be aware of the pitfalls of doing so.

absolutely:D

On 2019-07-01 at 11:40 PM, montecristo said:

I was robbed of a normal healthy existence by my stupid hippie parents who fed me a plant based diet in my early years.

You might want to inquire into that. Biases possibly come from that.

Sailing on the ceiling 

Dimi - seriously thanks for the links posted 30 June.  particularly interested in the nutritionfacts.org site which seems to contain sound honest evidence based advice... though the science on it all is of course a moving train.   This is why I come to Leo's site...he and the forum people have sent me off in such interesting new directions.  

Most of us don't brush properly, my sister taught me how to brush my teeth properly for the first time as an adult when she started working in a dental office. When you brush angle the brush so that it's at a 45 degree angle and centered where your gums meet your teeth. Brush very lightly and always have a soft or extra soft toothbrush. I started having gum problems even though I always floss and this fixed them. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

On 7/11/2019 at 0:15 PM, ary said:

Dimi - seriously thanks for the links posted 30 June.  particularly interested in the nutritionfacts.org site which seems to contain sound honest evidence based advice... though the science on it all is of course a moving train.   This is why I come to Leo's site...he and the forum people have sent me off in such interesting new directions.  

@ary You are very welcome, thank yourself for going there ;)

If you want to know more or have any food/health related question, don't hesitate to PM me ;)

Love

Edited by Dimi

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.

∞∞∞∞ Rumi ∞∞∞∞