seeking_brilliance

Let's create a unified language for sharing truth

74 posts in this topic

To just look at a few key words or phrases:

• ego- different usages
  • identification - as in being or becoming identified
  • witnessing or Witness Consciousness - which could be defined in short as a state of split conscious awareness -

Besides different usages for ego another often used word in Inquiry/spiritual work is identification. Identification as in being identified with a thought or an object to the extent of being drawn out of oneself. To be pulled in through fascination and in a sense forgetting  oneself. It seems a lot of times with people new to Inquiry are unfamiliar with the use of the word 'identification' as it's used in spiritual or psychological work.

Any comments?

Other basic words or phrases?

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@Zigzag Idiot thank you for your hefty contribution. I may need to smoke a little pot to understand it, and to be in the same mindset I was in when I wrote the post. How sad is that haha. My sobor mind is having a hard time wrapping around what you wrote but it sounds pretty interesting. At least I can start a semi intelligent post and then have all you smart people expand upon it! 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

15 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@Zigzag Idiot thank you for your hefty contribution. I may need to smoke a little pot to understand it, and to be in the same mindset I was in when I wrote the post. How sad is that haha. My sobor mind is having a hard time wrapping around what you wrote but it sounds pretty interesting. At least I can start a semi intelligent post and then have all you smart people expand upon it! 

Hahaha love it

@seeking_brilliance Anything benificial written by me more likely comes from being a spontaneous Idiot rather than Intellegence. Universal heretics embrace spontaneous idiocy and the way of the sly man. Smoke up, friend. ???

IMG_0634.JPG

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

1 hour ago, Mu_ said:

Hahaha love it

Haha I think I was just finding an escuse to feed my addiction 

@Zigzag Idiot I like the idea of spontaneous idiocy and your quote about the sly man really massages this characters ego because it makes me think there's hope I could still be special somehow by stumbling upon something special due to this unique mind which has been shaped for 33 years by ordered chaos. And why not? Massage away! 

On 16.06.2019 at 10:51 AM, Leo Gura said:

Language is inherently dualistic, so you're never going to be able to accurately describe spiritual truths using it.

He means to facilitate teaching as such.

@Mu_

2 hours ago, Mu_ said:

@Zigzag Idiot

Well at least the thread is here now, so as we continue to converse on this forum we can point out inconsistencies and downright confusing terms that we use in our Lani*, as they arise. The garden still needs tending! 

*autocorrect mistake, meant to say language but it apparently is the hawaiian word for Jeevan** heaven, so I left it.. 

**wow another autocorrect mistake, this one, is an Indian name that means 'bringer of life'.. Ok lol I'll stop now

Edited by seeking_brilliance

@seeking_brilliance How can we really expect everyone to be on the same page? Perhaps you’re seeking a spiritual bible of sorts along with a universal dictionary ?

Edited by DrewNows

1 minute ago, DrewNows said:

@seeking_brilliance How can we really expect everyone to be on the same page? Perhaps you’re seeking a spiritual bible of sorts along with a universal dictionary ?

I know, I know, BUT  what we could do is have a sticky thread titled 'recommended language use' or something... 'enlightened grammar' ... Nah... 

We could discuss preferred language on here and add them to the sticky thread when agreed upon one. And I'm just talking about easy stuff, like not calling the small self 'ego', and leave ego for the animalistic part of the brain which filters reality, or sense of self worth. 

If anything this thread does serve to point out some of the strange confusing language that we use, and I'm super interested in hearing more examples 

7 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

I know, I know, BUT  what we could do is have a sticky thread titled 'recommended language use' or something... 'enlightened grammar' ... Nah... 

We could discuss preferred language on here and add them to the sticky thread when agreed upon one. And I'm just talking about easy stuff, like not calling the small self 'ego', and leave ego for the animalistic part of the brain which filters reality, or sense of self worth. 

If anything this thread does serve to point out some of the strange confusing language that we use, and I'm super interested in hearing more examples 

This will take away our creativity and cause attachment to language imo, which is simply a tool. I like free expression and when there is confusion, the individual confused can ask the questions to get clarification 

however I do see a recommended spiritual language use thread to be helpful for people trying to understand someone’s post :) 

Absolute truth cannot be conveyed.
Conveying the absolute truth would require something to be apart from it, thus proving the truth to be relative.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

11 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Absolute truth cannot be conveyed.
Conveying the absolute truth would require something to be apart from it, thus proving the truth to be relative.

35 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

From my first post :

Now by truth, I'm referring less to ultimate truth but more of the multitude of half truths that lead us to remembering Ourself, or whatever the ultimate truth is, i don't claim to know. Now, you can say to forget all of that and self inquire until you remember, (or stop forgetting),  but here's the issue: Much of the path is secretly massaging, coaxing, disciplining, taming and loving the ego so that it surrenders and accepts its fate. Skip it, and anything you tell someone appears as nothing to ego. It won't accept it, even if logically is seems like the best advice.

There is a chapter in Ken Wilber's book Religion of Tomorrow about an important term which hasn't been mentioned in this thread:

Semiotics

The fact that 'the ego' ignores the attempts to convey the truth is, in itself, in accordance to that truth.
By trying to convey it, you are making a fool out of yourself (just like I am right now).

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

34 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

however I do see a recommended spiritual language use thread to be helpful for people trying to understand someone’s post :) 

Yes, absolutely! In fact anyone that wants to create a 'key' or 'legend' to their specific language and symbolism they like to use, would be much easier for those who want to teach here and to hone their language skills, see what works, what doesn't work.  

Edited by seeking_brilliance

8 minutes ago, aclokay said:

There is a chapter in Ken Wilber's book Religion of Tomorrow about an important term which hasn't been mentioned in this thread:

Semiotics

Yes somebody talk about that! I gave it a quick look on Wikipedia but my brain is seriously not soaking anything in right now lol

10 minutes ago, tsuki said:

The fact that 'the ego' ignores the attempts to convey the truth is, in itself, in accordance to that truth.
By trying to convey it, you are making a fool out of yourself (just like I am right now).

Yes we are like children trying to explain neuroscience. 

Just now, seeking_brilliance said:

Yes we are like children trying to explain neuroscience. 

Hahaha, more like children trying to explain how to listen.

1 minute ago, tsuki said:

Hahaha, more like children trying to explain how to listen.

26 minutes ago, tsuki said:

50 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

YES!!!! 

14 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Yes, absolutely! In fact anyone that wants to create a 'key' or 'legend' to their specific needs language and symbolism they like to use, would be much easier for those who want to teach here and to hone their language skills

but such a key might in fact discourage people from doing the work...hahaha