CreamCat

Enlightenment doesn't necessarily lead to emotional mastery and personal development.

28 posts in this topic

On 16 June 2019 at 3:58 PM, CreamCat said:

To many people on actualized.org forum, enlightenment is an excuse to justify their escapism and passivity. They want to justify not doing anything useful in the real world. Most of them are not really meditating much. They haven't used psychedelics seriously.

If you raise your consciousness, you can do personal development more effectively. Raising your consciousness can facilitate your personal development.

It would be kinda tough to be enlightened & not be contributing to the world.  Everyone is constructed with values and if those values (assuming there is something around giving to others the world) aren't met you would have a values conflict.  Such a person is unlikely to be enlightened with a values conflict.  If these people aren't following their truths it will show. 

I agree with you about raising consciousness and personal development 

It's true. In fact, it kinda works the other way around. Emotional mastery is essential on the pursuit of Truth. How can you make optimal use of your time on a retreat if you're constantly obsessing over your ex?

Yes, you can go to a retreat with the goal of overcoming an obsession. But that's not seeking Truth yet.

unborn Truth

11 hours ago, Curiousobserver said:

This term is used far too much by too many people who clearly do not understand what enlightenment is because they experienced mere awakenings and not actual enlightenment or true mastery itself.

When one experiences this, he/she will simply not be here posting on things and debating about life.

What enlightenment is varies between the individual. You can say the same word and mean different things.

Be careful about claiming ignorance on others just because they don't use a word the same way you do.

This is a great insight.  Sometimes you have really great insights that even I feel behind of.  But yeah, this one is right.  Emotional Mastery is an Interpersonal Development issue primarily.  Emotional Mastery Work is really first faced when the desire to create and develop relationship connections rears its head in your life.  You can be a hermit all alone and be Enlightened and be just fine.  Emotional Mastery is a Relationship Work issue, it's an Interpersonal Development issue.

Are you an INTJ?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Are you an INTJ?

I was diagnosed as https://www.16personalities.com/isfj-personality according to 16personalities.com test.

But, that was several years ago. My personality type could have changed.

I think Leo is INTJ or something similar. I could have been affected by Leo.

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Emotional Mastery is an Interpersonal Development issue primarily.

Because strong negative emotions come mostly from other people?

3 hours ago, ajasatya said:

you can go to a retreat with the goal of overcoming an obsession.

Did you?

Edited by CreamCat

I think it's important to do both consciousness work and personal development. Surrendering fully to a spiritual practice and living in semi or full renunciation I think can sometimes not be the best choice while for others it could be. For me I feel I have some sort of purpose here on earth. I want to better myself and help others as well and I've found deceptive spiritual stuff like feeling  like "what's the point if life doesn't matter and ego just ensures suffering only" is just another emotional wave of wanting something and various other beliefs and feelings hidden underneath or connected in some way. It's all bunch of tangled rope and for some just dropping the rope altogether but clearly that isn't the case or everyone would be enlightened so I reject this approach. Consciousness work should be practiced along side our daily lives or what else is the point if it isn't being put to use in situations which make it valuable such as conflict?

Edited by SunnyNewDay

10 hours ago, CreamCat said:

Did you?

Nope.

unborn Truth

On 6/19/2019 at 8:22 AM, Joseph Maynor said:

Sometimes you have really great insights that even I feel behind of.

I think Leo explains the secrets behind insights. Maybe, you are so busy writing journal that you forget to ask high quality questions and let them work your mind in the background.

At this point, I think that watching (Leo's) personal development videos and actually working through concepts is the best way to grow for me. I also watch TJ Reeves' personal development videos. Leo and TJ are a powerful duo.

I had been pretty lazy, but I was doing some sort of cross training and learning across many fields that led to random insights. Once I get the hang of discipline, I am going to become a superhero. I'm getting the hang of discipline. The secret behind discipline is explained in my latest thread.

Edited by CreamCat