Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StarStruck

Understanding the perception

18 posts in this topic

I watched the perception video and how I made myself understand it was by understanding that humans are like a figurative octopus (the ego) holding on to the balloon/bubble (true self). Every ego has to let go one day which will make the bubble dissolve into the environment.

Probably an aquarium (with unending waters) is a good metaphor. For me once I became present of the octopus who was leaching on the true self not wanting to let it go, I could remove its tentacles and I experienced what Leo was talking about. At the end the octopus got his hold on the balloon back. To me it is just a temporary experience. Even if it is impossible to have that experience for a long time. I don’t see the point.

Now I think about it. I know where I got the octopus analogy from. In the movie the matrix there were sentinels who looked like octopus. These sentinels attacked people who were outside the matrix. Isn’t the ego doing this to these higher thoughts when we try to break out of the illusion/matrix? I don’t know if this metaphor fits but these are my thoughts. 

Edited by StarStruck

@StarStruck That Matrix metaphor is quite good.

I like the metaphor of jailbreaking a smartphone. If you've ever tried to jailbreak it, the phone has anti-jailbreaking software which tries to block you from jailbreaking it. That's exactly how your mind is. Your mind has anti-jailbreaking mechanisms -- and they are way more sneaky and sophisticated than any iPhone. It takes a genius to break free.

How do you jailbreak your own mind?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

19 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@StarStruck That Matrix metaphor is quite good.

I like the metaphor of jailbreaking a smartphone. If you've ever tried to jailbreak it, the phone has anti-jailbreaking software which tries to block you from jailbreaking it. That's exactly how your mind is. Your mind has anti-jailbreaking mechanisms -- and they are way more sneaky and sophisticated than any iPhone. It takes a genius to break free.

How do you jailbreak your own mind?

To see through the illusion of the four dimensions. That is when I saw infinite space. The last dimension I had to break through (which you did or did not mention in that perception video I can’t remember) was time. I remembered you words “do you think this is all a coincidence?” and I understood it. 

Edited by StarStruck

Another insight I had was that perception/reality (for humans) is like a carpet, on for example stairs. When you look at the carpet on a stairs it looks 3D but when you detach the carpet from the stairs and pull it from both ends it becomes flat. What the human is is just another chink in the carpet on the stairs. The chink is in resistance to the carpet but eventually one day the pull will dissolve the chink. 

The thing that this carpet or “fabric” if you will extends infinitely into every direction. It is like a film and currently the film is being played(that is how the human perceives it). In a weird way it is like an actor who plays in a movie, who thinks he has a free will(unscripted role), and that the movie is being captured on film right now while the reality is that the film has already been finished and was already always there. 

This reminds me of Srinivasa Aaiyangar Ramanujan who was a math genius. We still don’t know how he formulated his findings. He said god told him the math equations  and we still don’t know how but we know that his theories are working. This makes me believe if you get truly enlightened you can do science by using mysticism like Srinivasa Aaiyangar Ramanujan did. 

By the way, to hack a phone you need to find a back door. Probably Ramanujan found one of those back doors. 

Love the illusion/dilution. I just became conscious that I fell in the trap of making a mistake of the illusion / not illusion (reality) duality. The illusion is as real as what is not the illusion. That gave me such a peace of mind. 

10 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Another insight I had was that perception/reality (for humans) is like a carpet, on for example stairs. When you look at the carpet on a stairs it looks 3D but when you detach the carpet from the stairs and pull it from both ends it becomes flat. What the human is is just another chink in the carpet on the stairs. The chink is in resistance to the carpet but eventually one day the pull will dissolve the chink. 

The thing that this carpet or “fabric” if you will extends infinitely into every direction. It is like a film and currently the film is being played(that is how the human perceives it). In a weird way it is like an actor who plays in a movie, who thinks he has a free will(unscripted role), and that the movie is being captured on film right now while the reality is that the film has already been finished and was already always there. 

This reminds me of Srinivasa Aaiyangar Ramanujan who was a math genius. We still don’t know how he formulated his findings. He said god told him the math equations  and we still don’t know how but we know that his theories are working. This makes me believe if you get truly enlightened you can do science by using mysticism like Srinivasa Aaiyangar Ramanujan did. 

Yes mysticsm will shift you from finite intelligence to infinite intelligence and you can thus tap into it.

You will be come back with higher consciousness and intelligence.

Of course some of us are given a bigger finite chunk then others out the gate.  Einstein may not have been a mystic but he was still a genius.  He got it.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

Yes mysticsm will shift you from finite intelligence to infinite intelligence and you can thus tap into it.

You will be come back with higher consciousness and intelligence.

Of course some of us are given a bigger finite chunk then others out the gate.  Einstein may not have been a mystic but he was still a genius.  He got it.

Einstein said he doesn’t believe in religious dogma. He said and I’m paraphrasing here because I read his biography not in English: “the religion of the future is the religion of the universe.” Now I think about it. All major scientists were religious or mystic in some way: 

@StarStruck he may have been enlightened towards the end i don't know.  Yes it's possible that some of the founding fathers of Quantum Mechanics went on to become mystics.  But they couldn't talk about it openly or risk being shunned.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

23 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's exactly how your mind is. Your mind has anti-jailbreaking mechanisms -- and they are way more sneaky and sophisticated than any iPhone.

If I jailbreak my mind, will I have root access to my mind? Does root access apply to my mind?

@CreamCat Root access comes after some deep enlightenment.

How do you think advanced yogis acquire siddhis (paranormal abilities)?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@CreamCat Root access comes after some deep enlightenment.

Show us telekinesis or ability to guess lottery numbers after a deep enlightenment.

@CreamCat telekinesis is just fantasy. I dont remember the movie name probably you can watch that movie.

Avada kedavara ???

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@CreamCat 

Though years of meditation one can reach it. I liked your video on this topic of paranormal activity/powers. I’m open minded but skeptical but at the same time I see links between intuition and paranormal abilities. For example how one man called Bobby Fisch beating the Soviet chess master and his whole team pure on intuition. There is truth to it.  

Edited by StarStruck

@CreamCat This is not how siddhis or magik work. It's nothing like what you see in a Hollywood movie. You also don't actually need to have had a deep enlightenment or many decades of work to access the siddhis/powers. Some people have them naturally. Like this guy: https://www.personalpowermeditation.com/category/topics/meditation/magick-the-powers/

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

@CreamCat just make sure you set a complex password and maybe consider using dual factor authentication afterwards :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

12 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

@CreamCat just make sure you set a complex password and maybe consider using dual factor authentication afterwards :)

Why? Because Leo will hack my account with his psychic power?

@CreamCat yah you never know you don't want anyone else but you to have root access haha.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.