Not me

Magic mushrooms at a music festival

11 posts in this topic

Some background information: I’m 20 years old, I have meditated for three years and done magic mushrooms three times before. I have a pretty calm and extroverted personality type and can function quite well in stressful situations.

So there’s a big music festival coming this summer where I live. I’m thinking about doing magic mushrooms there. The point is not to trip per se but to get to that magical vibe of the festival. Also I don’t really like to drink tons of poison (alcohol) which my friends will be doing. So this would basically be my way of getting into similar vibe but without the drinking. I would have one friend to do this with and we would take 1-1.5g of shrooms each. Maybe take it in three doses to make it more mellow.

What do you guys think? Would this be a good idea? A big mistake? Would it be better to just drink the alcohol? And of course any suggestions or ideas to make it better would be appreciated. 

I realize the being sober is an option as well but I’m still young and want to have fun as well so I don’t really see anything bad in taking some substances mindfully.

1-1.5g is a light shroom trip - just enough for a magical boost, without things going cra-cra. I’d shroom at a music festival over drinking, hands down.

I’d suggest checking out Nahm’s shroom tea guide thread - to reduce nausea 

If you have the option, I might consider LSD since it goes really well with music than shrooms in my experience. But eitherway sounds a like a good time ?

Edited by Chi_

@Not me

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/34667-shroom-tea-recipe-other-psychedelic-methods/?do=findComment&comment=420087

Of course you should shroom at a music festival.

Make tea. Empty stomach. Drink lots of water, watch the hydration. Every year I’ve been to Bonaroo someone died, always of dehydration. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

51 minutes ago, Not me said:

So there’s a big music festival coming this summer where I live. I’m thinking about doing magic mushrooms there. The point is not to trip per se but to get to that magical vibe of the festival. Also I don’t really like to drink tons of poison (alcohol) which my friends will be doing. So this would basically be my way of getting into similar vibe but without the drinking. I would have one friend to do this with and we would take 1-1.5g of shrooms each. Maybe take it in three doses to make it more mellow.

Yes 1-1.5g is perfect for a fest, much better than boozing. Good idea to break it up into 3 doses too. Be warned that it won't get you into a similar vibe as your drinking friends though, it will make them look like chimpy-clowns, but as long as you don't take things too seriously that should be fine. You'll be going to a higher level and they will be going down a notch, but you can have some laughs with them and meet in the middle for sure.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

We're the same age both planning to go to a festival this summer. Cool shit. 

Keep the dose light so things don't go wonky. Although I'd get some experience of doing psychedelics around random people. My friends and I did by doing it on top of a viewing spot. When you start involving people you don't know things can get really weird. 

Yeah go for it can be magical, but be carefully and do it responsibility, I have an insane trip report when I was 17 doing San Pedro and lsd at a music festival that had some bumpy rides due to me being immature. I went into a very heavy drum and bass tent and things got very dark, everyone turned into demons and my soul started to float up to the celling of the tent. I could even see into the future of the guy I was with and could see something terrible would happen to him in his later life which turned out to be true ten years later. I was grieving for his future pain and contemplated if I should tell his parents. I went to leave the tent as thing got to much then the DJ dropped could you be loved by Bob Marley and everyone turned into angles and I felt a very profound sense of love. I would say make sure your around someone who can look after you if things get little hairy and understand you might merge with the vibe of the music. Music festivals are a hellva lot of fun but most people don't go there to do spiritual work.

@noselfnofun Damn, that's intense. I am so curious how seeing the future even worked? Was it exactly what happened to him later on?

1 hour ago, Chi_ said:

@noselfnofun Damn, that's intense. I am so curious how seeing the future even worked? Was it exactly what happened to him later on?

I know it was crazy. At the time I just put it down to being a random part of the trip. basically I kept imagining that he was going to completely loose his mind and become fully disabled when he gets older.  I started crying for him for ages to the point I eventually had to be away from him on the trip, I could see he had a huge inner demons that would destroy him. I was actually going to tell his parents at the time but when the trip ended I just forgot about it.

Basically fast forward 8 years this actually happened to him, he ended up mixing with the wrong people and became a bottomless drug addict, he completely lost his mind and needs 24/7 care. He is in and out of mental hospitals and has many different health problems. I lost touch with him not long after the music festival. Could of been a very spooky coincidence 

Edited by noselfnofun

14 minutes ago, noselfnofun said:

I know it was crazy. At the time I just put it down to being a random part of the trip. basically I kept imagining that he was going to completely loose his mind and become fully disabled when he gets older.  I started crying for him for ages to the point I eventually had to be away from him on the trip, I could see he had a huge inner demons that would destroy him. I was actually going to tell his parents at the time but when the trip ended I just forgot about it.

Basically fast forward 8 years this actually happened to him, he ended up mixing with the wrong people and became a bottomless drug addict, he completely lost his mind and needs 24/7 care. He is in and out of mental hospitals and has many different health problems. I lost touch with him not long after the music festival. Could of been a very spooky coincidence 

I feel much sympathy towards him and much intrigued by your psychedelic experience as well.  I have heard of psychic phenomena under psychedelics but I have to do much research to learn more about it. Thanks for sharing your experience

12 minutes ago, Chi_ said:

I feel much sympathy towards him and much intrigued by your psychedelic experience as well.  I have heard of psychic phenomena under psychedelics but I have to do much research to learn more about it. Thanks for sharing your experience

No problem at all, I actually have a few more experiences like this I can share with you if you like?