Shaun

I'm still just not getting it

26 posts in this topic

I've been doing some of the self inquiry exercises and the one where other people don't exist raises a few questions.

If they don't exist and are only just perceptions and my perceptual field being all that there is, then why would one spread love and try to awaken the world? All you would be doing is creating the appearance of awakened people but you wouldn't actually be making any positive difference as they are not actually really experiencing.

I'm not upset or scared of this so much anymore, I am past that stage. I now feel like I am just talking to myself in some sort way now and just feel mostly empty.

Edited by Shaun

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

8 minutes ago, Winter said:

Because it feels good :x

Why would someone play a video game if they know it's not real???? Because it's fun! 

I know it's a game now and as such, the magic has been totally lost. I wish to turn the game off but can't.

Still, I do the practices just in case I may be wrong or am missing something.

Edited by Shaun

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

@Shaun This is not self inquiry. When the thoughts arise, let them go and return to the self inquiry. ?? Don’t hate the Game btw. It’s the overthinking and specifically the concept of solipsism that you want to be without. Meditation is the way. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Shaun there is a univeral field of consciousnes.  But each 'person' is a section or part of the same consciousness.  Each section is a perspective.  So you are a section of conscioisness and your own perspective.  You don't have access to the other perspectives.   If you did you couldn't be your own perspective.

Does that help? There's more but you need to get the basics down first.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 minute ago, Nahm said:

@Shaun This is not self inquiry. When the thoughts arise, let them go and return to the self inquiry. ??

Will do, I seem to have this idea that I am the only perceiver but that too may turn out to be false as there are no perceivers, not even me according to another exercise.

Maybe you need some 5 meo to kill that reason and doubt.

2 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@ColdFacts maybe you do :D

If i have to kill reason or anything else in general, like a undesired sacrifice then that is a very massive red flag for me. Nothing good comes from doing anything like that, it won't be worth it, it will come back in some form.

@Shaun with the self inquiry what do you currently identify yourself with? The body? The brain? The 'soul"?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

17 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Shaun there is a univeral field of consciousnes.  But each 'person' is a section or part of the same consciousness.  Each section is a perspective.  So you are a section of conscioisness and your own perspective.  You don't have access to the other perspectives.   If you did you couldn't be your own perspective.

So in sense it doesn't change anything ?

There is still «other people».

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Yeah and explaining it to him isn't gonna help actually...doing self inquiry properly will though.

@Shaun you have to ask yourself what you currently identify yourself as to start with.  Or if you aren't sure that go start questioning what you are really.   Question if you are your body or your thoughts, or a soul, or a brain, etc.  Eventually something will click and you will become conscious of what you really are.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

That was my previous understanding but the exercises are trying to point me towards realising experientially that this computer that I'm seeing right now and my sense perceptions are literally all that there is and I am to feel totally alone in the universe. These exercises are guiding me to the realisation that there are no other perspectives.

Sit comfortably and quietly, still your mind, and become aware of direct experience.

Try to think of another person, such as a loved one, parent, child, or spouse.

Make sure that the person you're thinking of isn't in the room with you.

Now, notice what they actually are: they are a thought!

Notice that what that person literally is, is an image arising in your mind. Nothing more.

Notice that you've never actually directly experienced anything other than your direct experience.

Become deeply conscious that other people do not exist.

Become so deeply conscious of this, that you feel alone in the universe.

There is no one here but you. You are all that's ever existed and will ever exist.

You are completely alone. You imagine others to make yourself feel connected.

When you see your loved ones face-to-face, you are STILL ALONE! That's you looking at your own direct experience. Nothing more.

Sit comfortably and quietly, still your mind, and become aware of direct experience.

Try to take in everything in your direct experience simultaneously.

Take it ALL in. Everything that's visible, felt, and heard.

Now become deeply conscious that this is the only thing there is!

Notice that nothing is hidden.

There is nothing beyond what is occurring right this second.

Notice that anything else you might think might be happening "behind-the-scenes", is just a thought happening right now.

Become deeply conscious that NOTHING IS HIDDEN!

What this particular method is trying to show you is that there is no objective world out there.  We only have perspectives.  What you can't see in your direct experience is the formlessness - or Being - or pure potential.

It doesn't mean there aren't other perspectives happening now simultaneously.  The formed.  The dualities.   All reality is is different perspectives.  That's why its an Absolute Relativity.  There are Absolutes that you can become conscious of such as that one.  

Now there is a perspective...Gods perspective..the highest..that you can mystically shift to..and from there you see that all of this is your own mind.  All of the perspectives out there are actually one..God..you..But you are way off from that and it will probably only confuse you.

Understand for now that there are different perspectives that you do not have access to from your own vantage point.  These are all the different people or self conscious beings.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

You are gonna want to start with basic self inquiry..that's not what this is...its what i said earlier.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

11 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

You are gonna want to start with basic self inquiry..that's not what this is...its what i said earlier.

Could you please link me to the best basic self inquiry you know of?

Honestly in my opinion Leo's enlightenment videos if you start from the beginning - i think the second or third one has some really good self inquiry in it.  He also has a more current episode on it.  But his early ones where he takes you through contemplating "what am I really" they are really good.

Ill see i can find it later and link it.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Notice that it is a belief that there are no other perspectives. Where did you acquire this IDEA? Why does your mind (not your true self) want to hold onto this idea? 

I think relative to the fact that your direct experience contains the whole of reality inside, yes you are alone. But in some weird way, your actions literally have consequences across time and space in other lives, and for other perspectives, such as mine. Right here, right now, I am typing on this keyboard at an empty computer. Relative to this manifestation of the universe, Shaun is just an idea, a projection onto my direct experience. You are nothing more than an idea in my mind. However nonetheless, we are both existing simultaneously, and not at all. Right now, contains everything, literally infinity inside of it. 

So... It's all relative. In the end, the duality of solipsism vs. other's existence collapses. Both and neither are correct simultaneously... But only when your mind is quiet enough, only when the true self reveals itself to itself can this be grasped. In the meantime, I would say understand you are alone, but realize that one day these other perspectives will occur, perhaps eons after Shaun's perspective has ended. Reality is, after all, a giant, infinite mindfuck haha.

one day these other perspectives will occur

By this do you mean higher perspectives or states of consciousness?

I wouldn't conceptualize too much about the being alone part right now.  That's gonna be something you will become conscious of much later after multiple Awakenings.  For now figure out what you are at an existential level and become conscious of that.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

22 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Shaun with the self inquiry what do you currently identify yourself with? The body? The brain? The 'soul"?

I'm not really sure what i'm identified with, I can't grasp it, it has no obvious qualities other than it usually feels like it's in my head but sometimes it's like it's my whole body.