Shaun

I'm still just not getting it

26 posts in this topic

Just now, Shaun said:

I'm not really sure what i'm identified with, I can't grasp it, it has no obvious qualities other than it usually feels like it's in my head but sometimes it's like it's my whole body.

If someone puts a gun to your head.

What do you identify to ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

So lets assume its the body you identify with.  Now you can rule that out because if we cut a part of your body out you would still be you. 

That's how you do self inquiry..you rule everything out, not just conceptually but becoming conscious that those things aren't you.  You do that until something hits you.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

15 minutes ago, Shin said:

If someone puts a gun to your head.

What do you identify to ?

The whole experience of being me, so I'm identified with my experience.

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

@Shaun ok..but thats..an answer..really contemplate that.  That entity you think you are.. behind the eyes...how can that be an experience.  That's like saying you are your thoughts or you are your emotions.  That entity you think you are..how can that be thoughts or emotions?  They are just what they are..thoughts. emotions..experiences..thats what they are..that's not what you are..

Thats how this works.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

45 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Shaun ok..but thats..an answer..really contemplate that.  That entity you think you are.. behind the eyes...how can that be an experience.  That's like saying you are your thoughts or you are your emotions.  That entity you think you are..how can that be thoughts or emotions?  They are just what they are..thoughts. emotions..experiences..thats what they are..that's not what you are..

Thats how this works.

I know that. All experience will vanish at death, but I remain.

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

@Shaun you are consciousness itself but knowing it conceptually and becoming conscious of it to the point where it triggers a mystical experience is another.  So just keep meditating you have plenty of time.  No rush.  You are already Infinity right now.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.