How to be wise

Does the world really need your help?

27 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

But isn’t that manipulation? If for example, an Orange person asks me “do you believe God exists?” My truth would be to say yes, but as soon as I’ve said that, I’ve lost all of their credibility. It’s even harder with Blue people and their ridiculous beliefs.

The Buddhists call it "skillful means."

Yes, you are manipulating in a benevolent way to create a more loving world. How else do you expect God to keep the devils at bay? God must do it through you! Otherwise devils will run rampant while all the awake people sit and do nothing for fear of being called manipulators.

Life is a dirty business. Don't be afraid to get dirty when the time calls for it.

Don't be so holy that you are afraid to take a shit.

Demonstrate what? What did those people demonstrate? 

Read their bios.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

When a child is five, the parent might say "this is how to tie a shoe" and show the child an easy knot.

When the child is seven, the parent might say "this is how to tie a shoe" and show the child a harder knot.

Was the parent lying to the five year old? In a way, yes and no but it's the wrong question. The right question is whether they were telling the right kind of truth at the right time, which is whatever is most loving and helpful.

Edited by Dan502

Profound Familiarity
An Audio Journal

You automatically affect peoples consciousness by who you have become. 

If you are destined to becoming enlightened you serve and awake people automatically. It would already being happening all the time because you would not be you if it would not happen. 

3 hours ago, How to be wise said:

But isn’t that manipulation? If for example, an Orange person asks me “do you believe God exists?” My truth would be to say yes, but as soon as I’ve said that, I’ve lost all of their credibility.

He asked it to test you out. You would have not failed for it if you would have used Spiral Dynamics. It is model to make seemingly complex and impossible situations simple. Therefore being more confident at dealing with these. All the stages are different paradigms. What they need is natural way of navigating through their particular stage to the next one.

It is not wrong to be yourself as blue or orange or between green and yellow. It just shows that you have been successful at development and therefore know how to navigate freely through them without getting stuck in excesses. It is not manipulating, you are just being who you are. You are not making any of these up, these are true for you. 

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:The Buddhists call it "skillful means."

Yes, you are manipulating in a benevolent way to create a more loving world. How else do you expect God to keep the devils at bay? God must do it through you! Otherwise devils will run rampant while all the awake people sit and do nothing for fear of being called manipulators.

Life is a dirty business. Don't be afraid to get dirty when the time calls for it.

Don't be so holy that you are afraid to take a shit.

That’s all well and good, but there’s one problem with that.

For example, I’m lecturing a bunch of rigid Christians about God and Love, and in the middle of the lecture, a stage Green woman asks me to confirm a stage Green notion that would anger the stage Blue audience if I confirmed it. So do I lie to that Green woman even though she’s right, or do I just say the truth and have those Christians turn on me and chase me out of the building. What to do?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Just wanted to add to what I said in this thread...

Ok. This is just a fictional movie, but the master, Mr. Miyagi, is teaching Daniel consciousness work (aka, mindfulness meditation) through karate. In the second clip, Daniel was confused on why he was being treated as a "slave," and losing his patience. So, Mr. Miyagi had to explain.

You tell her that's a good question can I answer it directly with you after the talk? With an added wink for charm :)

Profound Familiarity
An Audio Journal

@How to be wise yes the world needs help but not indirectly with just words but directly through us leading by example from our personal experiences and planting seeds.  we're all here to learn from and help each other which we're already doing just not efficiently and for the wrong reasons.