Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Knock

Get on my level, please

13 posts in this topic

As Leo puts out more advanced videos about metaphysics and non-dualism, I see the same language being misapplied in the forum towards answering the more pragmatic questions. There are a great number of people on this forum at stage orange or below that could greatly benefit from the wisdom of those who have moved to green and beyond, if they could be communicated with at their level.  

For example, where can I talk about the theories of minimalism, habit forming or productivity in a pragmatic way without it being derailed by non-dualistic language?

Without prefacing in the post ‘I am at stage orange, please address solutions at my level’, many answers will just go over the readers head and hence have no impact.

How, as a forum, should we address this?

Edited by Knock
Added the last line

The way i see it thats why there are different sections of the forum.  There is a section for spirituality/enlightenment/Non-duality and there is a section for self actualization.

I think there is more emphasis on the spirituality area here and maybe that should be balanced out with more discussion on personal development.

That's fair.  I can't speak for Leo but i believe he sees discovering the Truth for yourself is paramount - for before you can truly self actualize to the highest levels you have to understand truly the trickery of the ego so as to be able to navigate past it.

Personally i agree with that from my own personal experiences.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

18 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

I can't speak for Leo but i believe he sees discovering the Truth for yourself is paramount - for before you can truly self actualize to the highest levels you have to understand truly the trickery of the ego so as to be able to navigate past it.

Personally i agree with that from my own personal experiences.

So you are saying self-transcendence and understanding of non-duality comes before self-actualisation and 'orange-level' development?

I do because with the discovery of Truth you will find yourself at a much higher level of consciousness and your ability then to grow as a human being will really begin to open up.  From a SD perspective yes you can move to higher stages more effortlessly once you have discovered Truth.  It doesn't propel you to Turquoise immediately although in a sense it does.  But you will still have earlier stages in you that you will need to work through

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Knock

I don't think it's possible to make everyone post relevant comments.

Because everyone has a different unique path, and they will inevitably project what they're going through/struggling with onto others.

I think they are victims as much as we are. It's really hard not to project your current ideas onto everything in life. And as your ideas change, your projections will change as well.

Edited by Truth Addict

@Truth Addict A wise observation, thank you for sharing.

Do you think that as we become more consciously developed, we could be more able to recognise the level of development that the poster is coming from, and hence address the answer to them for where they are, and not a projection of ourselves from where we are?

I am thinking analogous to a wise man being able to relate and explain complex ideas in simple ways to those who are not as developed. Is this a realistic expectation or more of wishful thinking that's not grounded in reality?

I think people are just acting from their current stage of consciousness. I think this post is good, as it will get people who read this to be a bit more conscious

Shit is contagious yo... Limiting beliefs, projections, judgments, beliefs etc. 

It's so important to be conscious when giving advice.

Being conscious how to give advice, other people's emotions, your projections

Being conscious of their stage on the spiral and of your own stage. How can we expect a person with an orange shadow to give good advice on orange?? He has a shadow. Of course he will respond like that. 
Speaking of which, I need to tailor to my orange shadow soon 

It's fucking nuanced as hell but I guess part of the solution is to be an example and point this out in a kind and conscious manner. Your level of consciousness will spread to others.

@Knock

Yes, I think it's possible. Although not always, sometimes you need more than just one post on the internet to recognise where people are coming from. But I still think that you get better over time if you are consistently trying to get there.

Plus, contemplation, journaling, self-inquiry can get you to very advanced levels of understanding yourself, therefore understanding others as well.

Edited by Truth Addict

If a person has a high stage of spiritual awareness, I don't think he will be easily frustrated by people who are unconsciousness.

Also, I do not believe that people should be categorised based on what colors and stages they are on. I believe people can move on to different stages consciously or subconsciously or on certain days, they have higher spiritual awareness than other days.

When it comes to giving advice, I suppose one way would be to take a more therapeutic or coaching style approach and to ask questions or offer up suggestions rather than giving actual advice.

This is just a suggestion! :) I'm probably coming at this from quite a green angle.

I've just realised the question was mainly about language. I think it's a good point. Hard to completely eradicate. I guess forum users and mods can look out for it. And gently check what sort of answer people are looking for.

Edited by Dan502

Profound Familiarity
An Audio Journal