Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bammy32

How deep is this psychedelic live trip report vid?

2 posts in this topic

Leo often comments on trip reports saying 'nice newbie trip', 'this is only the beginning' or 'this is the trip of the iceberg' etc.

Well this trip live trip video was posted on a psychedelic FB group I'm in by one of the members.

He's apparently on LSD and you get to hear his thoughts and insights.

I know it's very hard to say for sure, given how internal and non-verbal these experiences are, but where would you 'scale' this trip?

In terms of depth, insights etc.?

Or if that's simply too hard, what is your more general take on it?

Experienced tripper's opinions are appreciated: @Leo Gura  @Joseph Maynor @aurum @pluto @ivankiss

Thank you!

“Deep” or “Shallow”  are human constructs. Ultimately, there is what IS. Yet, humans love to contextualize. It’s part of the human experience. So without further ado, let’s go for it. . . 

I think this is a beautiful video showing partial dissolution of the construct of a personal story and the construct of time. Notice how there is a different perspective of his person from a more transcendent state of consciousness. I don’t remember his exact words, yet it was something along the lines of “my gosh, I’ve been chasing attention and to be loved my whole life. I don’t need to do that. I’m whole in this moment right now. Just being”. This isn’t on the level of the intellect trying to figure shit out and convince itself that I’m good enough through positive affirmations. It is a deeper level of direct experience and knowing. Integrating and embodying this after the trip is key.

As well, can you feel his relationship with Now? It is much much more intimate than “normal”. He is not trying to explain or figure out Now. He is having a direct experience Now and is in awe. Notice how he keeps saying “prescence”, “love”, “Now”, “Being”. He is having a deep connection and experience of presence. 

As well, I notice how he says “I love you” and other times simply”love”. My sense is he in a moderate nondual state in which separation between “I” and “you” is dissolving. Who is loving who here? What is loving what? There is simply the presence of Love and a quasi-sense of separation.

To me, this seems like early realizations in transcending the ego and personal story. “Oh my gosh, I’m not this story I created. I am Now. Just Being””. This can be extremely transformative and liberating - if it is integrated and embodied. It is also possible that the ego/personality re-emerges and regains control of the narrative. After the trip, it can get re-contextualized as a profound experience in which one now questions their entire story and begins to let go and become free. Or it can get contextualized as a whacky trip, something like “ hey guys, I had this whacky trip where I was so connected to a flower I couldn’t tell the difference between me and the flower. That’s some crazy shit, huh?”. The ego mind can blow it off.

At one perspective, this is incredibly deep. Now is infinite. . . From a human perspective of what is available, this video is the tip of the iceberg. It’s still mostly within the transition of transcending the ego/person. This can be extremely profound, awe inspiring and magical for a human mind -body to break free of it’s conditioning and experience this. It can be life transformative. . . Now is all there is, yet from a human perspective - there is much more to explore. The potential of exploration and growth is extremely expansive - way beyond what we imagine.