Mu_

The Trap of Meaning and Purpose (my new video)

16 posts in this topic

Like discovering new life forms under a rock simply because you were curious to explore nature, I hope you find this video to spark a curiosity to see with freshly inspired eyes a new possibility of living. The subject matter is meaning and purpose, but the answer may not found in them. Enjoy.

Feel free to ask me any questions on the subject or feedback you may have.

Edited by Mu_

Deep. Thanks for sharing ❤️

I don’t really have any questions about it. It’s definitely a bizarre feeling when you realize the stories being created around meaning and purpose, then discovering how simple meaning and purpose actually is to manifest 

more hair than I expected

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

@Mu_ Yea it resonates looking back. Life lives itself. That is it's purpose.

1 hour ago, cetus56 said:

@Mu_ Yea it resonates looking back. Life lives itself. That is it's purpose.

Thanks for sharing. I get where your coming from and what your saying, I’ve said the same things myself before as well. however it’s sometimes strange for me to put a label on something that has no definitions even if it’s in the vicinity of truth. Also the video wasn’t exactly trying to give a purpose for anything in particular including life but more pointing to the mystery itself.   

So you’d say you’ve seen this process of meaning and purpose seeking in yourself in past reflection?  How was it to let it go if I may ask. 

1 hour ago, Mu_ said:

Also the video wasn’t exactly trying to give a purpose for anything in particular including life but more pointing to the mystery itself.   

@Mu_ At the time of raising a family and having a career there was no mystery to life at all.  But now looking back how it all came to be seems very mysterious. 

1 hour ago, Mu_ said:

How was it to let it go if I may ask. 

Life lets go of you and it becomes a mutual process.

20 hours ago, sgn said:

Did you had a physical guru ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

The song is too low, record 50% more higher.

The gaze is rarely looking at the camera, but I guess that's because you're not used to have a script yet ? It's one of the main thing to correct though (but of course that takes lot of time).

Something that is also there because you're not used to recording is that you cut your sentences too much, there is too much blank and things like "hum", but again that's normal if you're not used to recording.

Also, sometimes going to an another sentence that is not in the same line of meaning than the previous one, which can confuse a lot some people.
You need to give more examples about what you're talking about, it's too abstract for most people to understand otherwise since it touch a subject that is pretty deep.

Nice cat, and yes the hair is confusing xD
(My feedback can feel dry and harsh, but that's just how I do them, don't take that into account :) ).

God is love

And God in them

@Mu_ The temporary is what's looking for meaning and purpose. The infinite just is. Thanks for the great vid.

On 5/25/2019 at 1:02 PM, Shin said:

The song is too low, record 50% more higher.

The gaze is rarely looking at the camera, but I guess that's because you're not used to have a script yet ? It's one of the main thing to correct though (but of course that takes lot of time).

Something that is also there because you're not used to recording is that you cut your sentences too much, there is too much blank and things like "hum", but again that's normal if you're not used to recording.

Also, sometimes going to an another sentence that is not in the same line of meaning than the previous one, which can confuse a lot some people.
You need to give more examples about what you're talking about, it's too abstract for most people to understand otherwise since it touch a subject that is pretty deep.

Nice cat, and yes the hair is confusing xD
(My feedback can feel dry and harsh, but that's just how I do them, don't take that into account :) ).

Thanks for the feedback. Yah I’m a little soft spoken and the recording mic is something I’m working with but I think my stuff will always need to be turned up a little and I’m fine with that. 

My gaze is easy to change it just didn’t feel natural to just stare into peoples eyes (at least from the viewers perspective). 

Theres definitely micro pauses in my sentences and maybe some hums. I’ll have to pay more attention to that. Although I’m not sure if the micro pauses will change its kinda how I communicate as words surface from inside. 

Not sure what you mean about the sentences not connecting. 

Mom working in giving more examples in my personal experience. It honestly was my most easy trait at one point but something’s shifted with some consciousness changes and relating to the past personal is almost like remembering something that was another life time ago. 

Again thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. 

Thanks for the reminder that it is a mechanism. It‘s conscious and subconscious and when I try to grasp it, there‘s a connection to my parents. It definitely feels conditioned, under pressure and inauthentic on my behalf. I can imagine that the dissolution of this mechanism leads to being fully present and not denying the present moment. So the word "pull" definitely resonates with me. It made me aware that there is a inner division of the awareness of my body happening. A part is already running away towards seeking a "higher goal“. 

In regards to the presentation, I would try a middle ground between "staring" into the cam and looking away. It felt like your words sunk in more when you underscored some words by looking into the cam. You did that in the beginning of the video, but lost it later on. Looking above for long periods of time leads to a feeling of dissociation for me. 

Edited by youngshinzen

4 hours ago, youngshinzen said:

Thanks for the reminder that it is a mechanism. It‘s conscious and subconscious and when I try to grasp it, there‘s a connection to my parents. It definitely feels conditioned, under pressure and inauthentic on my behalf. I can imagine that the dissolution of this mechanism leads to being fully present and not denying the present moment. So the word "pull" definitely resonates with me. It made me aware that there is a inner division of the awareness of my body happening. A part is already running away towards seeking a "higher goal“. 

In regards to the presentation, I would try a middle ground between "staring" into the cam and looking away. It felt like your words sunk in more when you underscored some words by looking into the cam. You did that in the beginning of the video, but lost it later on. Looking above for long periods of time leads to a feeling of dissociation for me. 

Hey man, thanks for the feedback.  Yah, I think I generally do a combination in my previous videos without attempting to, but I think its important to keep in my mind that I'm talking to someone on the other end and its part of human conversation to have general eye contact.  Video making is kinda a strange thing, because no ones there but a little camera haha.....

On 5/26/2019 at 1:33 AM, Natasha said:

@Mu_ The temporary is what's looking for meaning and purpose. The infinite just is. Thanks for the great vid.

Your welcome.

On 5/23/2019 at 10:17 PM, DrewNows said:

Deep. Thanks for sharing ❤️

I don’t really have any questions about it. It’s definitely a bizarre feeling when you realize the stories being created around meaning and purpose, then discovering how simple meaning and purpose actually is to manifest 

Your welcome, thanks for watch.

The hair is sexy as fuck.

That's my less relevant feedback ?

God is love

And God in them