Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anderz

Breatharianism Journal

540 posts in this topic

The economy of a universal basic income, that all citizens receive say $1,000 per month, without demands attached and no questions asked, is fairly easy to sustain, especially with a steady improvement of price/performance through the progress of technology. The bigger problem is what are all people without jobs going to do with their lives? So what is needed is a fairly quick transition into a new kind of society where meaning through jobs is replaced with something else.

Information technology will be useful for the transition to a jobless society. It connects people and allows for creativity and even entertainment is an important part. And then through augmented reality, the participation spreads out into the physical world. Just interacting through a screen all days is not good enough. The idea with social progress is that we will be able to do MORE things, and learn more things, and experience more, even without having jobs.

@Anderz i really love it too man UBI and Andrew Yang. Sorry to derail your topic but i wanted to hear your experience if you don't mind on if you went through any breatharian initiation or what youve done to explore it personally. Cheers man 

@DrewNows I have done some short dry fasts, not more than a few days at a time. I kind of gave up on the idea that ordinary breatharianism is the right way for me. Could still be useful for others though.

When it comes to a universal basic income, I came to think that it can be used for sustaining spiritual communities. With technologies getting cheaper and with low cost living, people can create spiritual communities and with a UBI without having to worry about money! As it is today, from what I have heard, there's always a lot of conflicts in the spiritual communities over money issues.

Edited by Anderz

@Anderz my lifestyle doesn’t currently suit Breatharianism either. Have you heard of Ray Maor? I do like what he has to say about it. 

UBI could very well begin to pull society out of the rat race capitalistic lifestyle bringing more hands together to change and improve the systems/infrastructures. 

@DrewNows Yes, I posted a video where Ray Maor talked about 4 types of breatharianism. And I realized that type 4, where the person lives totally without food and water, is actually the wrong way for the future, because as I see it we will transcend and include eating and drinking. Meaning, we will be able to live without food and water but still eat and drink for pleasure, enjoyment and in social situations. Ray Maor had some similar thoughts about that, and he himself is type 3.

I wonder if Christian Democrats in general are like the Republican Christians who tend to think of the kind of spirituality Marianne Williamson promotes as being New Age. Hopefully not, or at least that Williamson can explain her teachings in a way that is compatible with traditional Christianity. Here is an example of what otherwise can happen:

I actually support hardcore Christians because I believe it's important that some people keep the original meaning instead of the lukewarm kind of Christianity that seems to be on a slippery slope towards a mainstream science view that denies miracles and supernatural possibilities.

But my own view is more like Marianne Williamson's who integrates spiritual traditions.

@Anderz surely is an amusing video, only a few min in. I am fairly new to Marianne but i have liked what ive seen from her. Some here in the forum say she's too advanced but never underestimate the new agery sprouting up, perhaps the no votes will go to her (probably unlikely but we can dream) 

@DrewNows I believe Williamson can win! Even over Trump. Unless she is too New Agie for Christians. She will be able to say "God bless America" and mean it though! :D

Another hurdle for Williamson is that she hinted at problems with vaccines, and now she is called kook and anti-science, such as in this video:

I strongly agree with Williamson. And I hope that there will be a vaccine scandal (without anyone getting harmed) exposing the whole hoax!!! That will silence opposition like in the video.

Interestingly, Alex Jones said about Marianne Williamson's performance in the debate: "Why was it she was so popular? Because she was the only one that was genuine. She was genuinely wrong, she was genuinely saying a lot of things that weren't true. But she meant well. It was from a position of a useful idiot, but at least there was humanity there."

That's actually a good review, coming from Alex Jones, who I like by the way. Very interesting.

"We worry too much about whether our message is popular. We don't worry enough in life about whether we are saying the right thing." - Marianne Williamson

5 hours ago, Anderz said:

Another hurdle for Williamson is that she hinted at problems with vaccines, and now she is called kook and anti-science, such as in this video:

I strongly agree with Williamson. And I hope that there will be a vaccine scandal (without anyone getting harmed) exposing the whole hoax!!! That will silence opposition like in the video.

perhaps Williamson is being a little too bold, too cocky with her truth? xD Touching on vaccines was a big mistake...perhaps she doesn't see where her nation is at on the spiral :( 

That woman cracks me up, but has a completely valid perspective ^_^ 

3 hours ago, DrewNows said:

That woman cracks me up, but has a completely valid perspective

I disagree. If I heard correctly, the woman in the video said that vaccines should be MANDATORY. That's Orwellian IMO. What if I refuse to take one of the 300 mandatory vaccines? Should the police arrest me and force-vaccinate me? Or put me in quarantine forever?

What if vaccines sometimes cause the very disease they are supposed to protect you from? Actually, I think I heard somewhere that that is actually the case, but I'm not sure.

@Anderz you misunderstood me. I do disagree with her perspective, but from the information and set of beliefs she holds, I understand how and why she sees things that way. She's a hoot 

@DrewNows Ok, yes from her own perspective her arguments are valid according to that value system, unless she was trolling or spoofing, haha. I didn't watch the whole video.

Edited by Anderz

Marianne Williamson has Jewish background. That might make Christians accept her more easily than her New Age image. Or Christian Democrats will accept Williamson's spiritual beliefs in the same way that Oprah Winfrey is popular in the mainstream. Oprah is Christian but has the same kind of spiritual beliefs as Williamson it seems to me, and Oprah has also been called a New Ager.

It's possible to integrate all spiritual traditions and religions I think, and that's what I'm doing. But it requires a super broad brush with a very narrow top-down perspective.

It's the wrong way to try to create some new world religion. Because that flattens out all the religions, which are not just about belief systems but also have lots of cultural and historical values. So a world religion like that is non-integral. Instead, for an integral approach the different religions need to be transcended and included. And if Williamson plays her cards right she might be able to achieve such integral solution when it comes to spirituality.

Edited by Anderz

Williamson also needs to grab the political moderate center spectrum. That's especially important when it comes to people voting. She did one such move in the debate when she was reluctant about healthcare for all. The moderate stance is that it's too abrupt to just remove the private healthcare insurance industry. So it's a smart move to take an integral and less disruptive approach to healthcare where the existing healthcare system is preserved while healthcare for all becomes guaranteed too in a both/and approach.

The personal ego is a bunch of mental patterns connected to tensions in the body. Transcending and including the ego is easy in theory. Just recognize that the ego has served its necessary and useful purpose of developing the unique individual person. What is needed to preserve the ego is already complete. So what is needed to transcend the ego is to simply allow life to remove parts of the ego that are the blocks, namely the tensions in the body along with the mental patterns connected to those tensions.