arlin

Is existence conscious of itself?

291 posts in this topic

Hi, i am new to the forum but i followed leo's videos on youtube for a long time. 

Leo says that reality is conscious of itself but i struggle to understand it. 

Furthermore, i have come accross differend kinds of non-dual teachings, which share the idea that existence can't be conscious of itself, since it is all there is, so it can't step outside of itself to know it is conscious.

This seems logical to me, can somebody help me understand this better? 

Just now, arlin said:

Hi, i am new to the forum but i followed leo's videos on youtube for a long time. 

Leo says that reality is conscious of itself but i struggle to understand it. 

Furthermore, i have come accross differend kinds of non-dual teachings, which share the idea that existence can't be conscious of itself, since it is all there is, so it can't step outside of itself to know it is conscious.

This seems logical to me, can somebody help me understand this better? 

Are you conscious?

Are you reality? 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@arlin existence IS consciousness.   Yes.  The Universe is conscious and aware.  Whatever you feel the universe can feel.  Literally.

You can become conscious that you ARE the universe.  But that requires a shift in consciousness like i was explaining with my technique for shifting perspectives

You can also think of it as your true nature is a Giant mind and you just are exploring yourself through infinite perspectives.  One of those perspectives is you (as your finite mind) but you are a part of a bigger mind.  You can shift to that bigger Mind.

Just like you are conscious that the finger is still the whole hand, you can become conscious that you are you AND reality simultaneously.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@RillesBut it seems to me that being conscious equals separation, i am conscious of being separate.

So when somebody dies and the separation fades away, it feels to me that this consciousness can't continue to operate for the reasons i have explained above.

Edited by arlin

@arlin reality is infinite.  It doesn't need to step outside itself.  It just IS.  There is nowhere else to go.  It just IS itself. That's what Infinity truly means.  If you grasp that it will lead to enlightenment.  But it takes work.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1

3 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@arlin reality is infinite.  It doesn't need to step outside itself.  It just IS.  That's what Infinity truly means.  If you grasp that it will lead to enlightenment.  But it takes work.

Oh thank you, now i understand it better ahaha. Yes i am interested in the shifting perspectives technique that you talk about, have you posted something about it?

thank you :)

@arlin the very moment you say "i", the universe says "i".

the sun rises, the flowers bloom, the heart beats and human beings say "i".

unborn Truth

@arlin Your welcome sir.  Yes its called Great technique can help with Enlightenment.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@ajasatya  What i was saying is that it seems that the experience is possible only in separation, and you just confirmed that.

What i was trying to say is that when the experiencer is gone there is no more experience...

This non duality think it really is a mindfuck ahaha, but the answer of @Inliytened1  seems to explain it better.

@arlin it's possible to go deeper than that as a human being (and it is a marvelous thing about the human experience that very few know).

there is a huge shift when you no longer feel as if you were a human being experiencing existence, and start to feel as the entire existence experiencing a human being. the former is a mental phenomenon and the separation is felt in the gut. the later is a fully integrated phenomenon and you feel whole, meaning no identity, no human being, no self: only experience without "experienced" or "experiencer".

unborn Truth

@ajasatya It feels to me that without "experiencer" it can't be an experience because nobody is conscious of something.

But maybe when i talk about "experiencer" i think about it as  limited and  human?

Edited by arlin

1 minute ago, arlin said:

But maybe when i talk about "experiencer" i think about it as  limited and  human?

probably. the human being can think of itself as the experiencer, but that's the root cause of the whole baggage of confusion that leads people towards spiritual paths, religions, wars etc.

the subtle, and yet at plain sight, Truth is that the universe is the only experiencer. and the human being can become aware of IT.

unborn Truth

@ajasatya beautiful answer although i feel threatened by those words, because now i feel like a puppet without free will and choice ahaha :D 

Or am i misunderstanding something here?

9 minutes ago, arlin said:

i feel threatened by those words, because now i feel like a puppet without free will and choice ahaha :D 

Or am i misunderstanding something here?

there is still misunderstanding because you seem to be trapped in a intellectual experience of enlightenment. but real enlightenment experiences are brutally visceral, so to speak.

here's another way of seeing it (still in the domain of the mind, though): are water molecules slaves of a river or are them the river itself? are planets slaves of the gravitational forces of their solar systems or are they the solar system itself?

"no free will" and "free will" are ONE.

unborn Truth

Aren't you conscious of yourself right now ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@ajasatya Oh it's true. Maybe im trapped in an intellectual experience.

It's true that "no free will" and "free will" are one, i keep falling into traps ahaha xD 

@arlin it's a fucking mine field.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Shin  I was referring to the possibility that being conscious of yourself is only possible in a limited form.

In this limited form then it is possible to experience "reality", which is  what is and is not. Both simultanously of course since it is non-dual.

But the absolute reality is infinite, so it's unlimited. 

The absolute to me seems to be the other facet of reality, it's unlimited and not conscious since it is the OPPOSITE of this apparent reality.

It's really a mindfuck huh 

11 minutes ago, arlin said:

@Shin  I was referring to the possibility that being conscious of yourself is only possible in a limited form.

In this limited form then it is possible to experience "reality", which is  what is and is not. Both simultanously of course since it is non-dual.

But the absolute reality is infinite, so it's unlimited. 

The absolute to me seems to be the other facet of reality, it's unlimited and not conscious since it is the OPPOSITE of this apparent reality.

It's really a mindfuck huh 

That would still be a part of God.

You're still slicing it in some definite way :D 

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin Yeah, i think im trying to understand it defining it in divisible parts forgetting that it is one.

Am i?