Truth Addict

How to remove the @user and quotes in posts on mobile [SOLVED]

40 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, jbram2002 said:

Try using the multiquote option and selecting the same quote multiple times, then deleting the excess.

Does it work if post I'm quoting is a couple pages back? I was able to quote you twice easily since there weren't multiple pages.

2 minutes ago, jbram2002 said:

I've found this forum's formatted edit box to be one of the more convoluted and difficult forums to actually format correctly. Just give me [bracket] commands and I'm happy. D:

I'm on a android phone, so it's probably more difficult? 

Thanks ?

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

6 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

Does it work if post I'm quoting is a couple pages back? I was able to quote you twice easily since there weren't multiple pages.

To quote from different pages, you need to reload the pages that include the quotes you want.

So, you start typing your comment, and when you want to quote from a different page, you go to that page and reload it, your browser will automatically complete right from where you left.

(Same thread/topic only though).

Edited by Truth Addict

18 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

@Truth Addict

Hi, 

I don't know if you can help me, but I have forgotten how to break apart a longgg quote to answer/reply/post to someone.

I get the quote on my post and I'm clueless??? 

I don't think I understand the question quite well.

But I know that you can't add a quote when you're editing a post.

Quoting will create a new post.

13 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

To quote from different pages, you need to reload the pages that include the quotes you want.

So, you start typing your comment, and when you want to quote from a different page, you go to that page and reload it, your browser will automatically complete right from where you left.

(Same thread/topic only though).

^ This exactly. The forum saves your posts in your browser (sometimes a ridiculously long time so that when I'm trying to write something in my journal, I have to delete a post from a week ago...) BUT if you're concerned about losing work, try opening the previous page in a new tab (hold down the link for a second and select open in new tab - I know this works with Chrome). @Anna1

The first step on a spiritual journey is to realize that everything you know to be true could be false.
The final step is the same.

-=+=-

9 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

I don't think I understand the question quite well.

But I know that you can't add a quote when you're editing a post.

Quoting will create a new post.

Say that I quoted you, as I just did and I want to break this quote up to say something to you about the first sentence, then the second sentence,  then the 3rd sentence. Instead of going back to the same post and using quote function (it's hard to find posts somtimes!). Perhaps I just have to quote it many times as @jbram said earlier. 

@jbram2002 I'm on a android cell phone.

Thank guys!

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Anna1 I use Chrome for Android. It's much better than the default browser in my opinion.

The first step on a spiritual journey is to realize that everything you know to be true could be false.

-=+=-

Just now, jbram2002 said:

@Anna1 I use Chrome for Android. It's much better than the default browser in my opinion.

I'm using Chrome too. I'm just not too tech savvy. I'm okay, but not advanced, intermediate at best. Hehe.? 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

8 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

Say that I quoted you, as I just did and I want to break this quote up to say something to you about the first sentence, then the second sentence,  then the 3rd sentence. Instead of going back to the same post and using quote function (it's hard to find posts somtimes!). Perhaps I just have to quote it many times as @jbram said earlier. 

Thank guys!

Anna, what I do is I quote what I want to quote and I delete the part I don't want to answer in that quote. Then I quote again, and I delete the other part Lol... and I leave the part I want for the second quote.

I don't know if that's what you want to do...

:P

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

9 minutes ago, jbram2002 said:

^ This exactly. The forum saves your posts in your browser (sometimes a ridiculously long time so that when I'm trying to write something in my journal, I have to delete a post from a week ago...) BUT if you're concerned about losing work, try opening the previous page in a new tab (hold down the link for a second and select open in new tab - I know this works with Chrome). @Anna1

I think that by clearing the browser's data it will forget your posts. Haven't tried it though.

Different browsers can be helpful here, I use both Opera and Chrome, but I prefer Opera since it allows viewing the desktop site very easily.

8 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

Thank guys!

I don't think there's a way around this issue, you'll probably have to quote multiple times.

6 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

I think that by clearing the browser's data it will forget your posts. Haven't tried it though.

I did it and it works, but the problem is you have to do that every time that a quote gets in your post. I think what you suggested is a better your solution.

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

5 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

Different browsers can be helpful here, I use both Opera and Chrome, but I prefer Opera since it allows viewing the desktop site very easily.

For Chrome, you can see Desktop versions of sites pretty easily. Hit the ... button at the top right for options, and there's a checkmark for Desktop view. I use it liberally ^_^ Not sure how Opera handles it though.

-=+=-

10 minutes ago, jbram2002 said:

For Chrome, you can see Desktop versions of sites pretty easily. Hit the ... button at the top right for options, and there's a checkmark for Desktop view. I use it liberally ^_^ Not sure how Opera handles it though.

Thanks! I've never noticed it before because it requires scrolling down.

Screenshot_20190514-210250.jpg

Opera shows it in the same way, only more easily to spot xD

Screenshot_20190514-210533.jpg

@Anna1 @abrakamowse ?❤️

Edited by Truth Addict