David Hammond

Becoming the breath means permanent enlightenment

149 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

First time I didn't know what happened. That is the day I created account here. 

I learned that all phenomena all states should be disregarde as illusions bla bla bla all that bullshit (mods? Will anyone notice) 

Logically disregarding everything as illusion is where you got stuck and where you thibk I am

I already said I non non conceptually understood this. The key is to not enter the head in any way shape or form and to disidentify first as body and mind. Then it's smooth sailing from then on

Keep projecting tho bro.

@David Hammond You've mentioned to

1. Study Jung

2. Become a disciple to a physical master in the Dzogchen tradition

3. Use Anapanasati meditation with focus on the hara as a technique

What are the main things besides these 3 points that you can say were critical on your path (so far).

Any resources/books/lectures/teachers/techniques/mindsets/crucial advice?

It'd be much appreciated.

@The Blind Sage

Non directive meditation is excellent. It's more like a therapy for the mind. 

Loving kindness meditation. 

Become a vegetarian or pescetarian.

Live a moral life. 

Learn that technique of watching the breath.

When you join a monastery or ashram you will be part of a family who will take care of your path. This is the the only thing you should be concerned with because all of those things will be taken care of anyway. 

After that you're on your own with Jungian psychology, unless you can find a teacher who also does it themselves.

There is an adwaita teacher in the lineage of shankara in an upstate New york ashram who is now teaching his students kundalini yoga. That is practically unheard of in that tradition, but he is showing that kundalini is part of the Vedas and and integral part.

Basically just get involved with people who know their stuff. 

55 minutes ago, Joker_Theory said:

ah not what i wanted to hear but i hear you, thanks will do.

I'm sorry I missed your comment. It got lost. Why is it not what you wanted to hear? 

Edited by David Hammond

44 minutes ago, Drake140 said:

@David Hammond Can you seal destructive emotions/demons into objects yet?

Destructive emotions are not demons. The demon is social conditioning. But that in and of itself is not really true, because it's not like there is a conspiracy to destroy our mental and emotional health, it's just gross misunderstanding of emotions and so called destructive emotions. That ignorance is what I have become aware of. The ego itself is not the devil that we once assumed. 

3 minutes ago, Drake140 said:

that you can't get rid of, 

Your problem lies in this attitude. This is why you need a huge pair of balls to do shadow work. 

The very notion of wanting to get rid of an aspect of yourself IS abuse. IS social conditioning itself.

Patience is required to assimilate a shadow. If it takes 10 years of learning to love a trait then so be it..

Just now, Drake140 said:

So that's how you see it.

Read Jung. Trying to get rid of something is compartmentalizing it. You will get rid of the painful symptoms once the trait has been assimilated. 

4 minutes ago, Drake140 said:

So that's how you see it.

Have you got kids?

If so congratulations, they are a wonderful experience to enjoy, aren't they? 

Would you want to get rid of one of your kids because in your ignorance you labelled it bad? 

I hope not. 

2 minutes ago, Drake140 said:

Tell me, do you experience lust?

Yes, not so much these days tho lol

1 minute ago, Drake140 said:

I made those questions get a estimate of you, you're cool to me.

You assimilated the prime directive of buddhism: "don't believe anything, even if I said it, unless it corresponds with common sense and reason"

18 hours ago, David Hammond said:

It's the permanent understanding through seeing non conceptually that non dual awareness (emptiness, the substratum that precedes e everything) is the same as name and form.

Name and form are just nothing. 

Think of it this way by taking the example of a table:

The word "table" is name and form. 

"Wood" is the reality.

What is wood?

Wood is another name and form for cells. 

So wood is the name and form for cells.

What is cells?

Cells is the name and form for atoms.

What is atoms?

Atoms is the name and form for sub atomic quarks.

What is quarks?

This investigation can go infinately.

Everything that exists doesn't actually exist, it's all name and form, but at the same time also emptiness...

There is no creation and no creator, it appears to be the case, but appearances are ultimately ungraspable, we don't know what this appearance is, it's emptiness.

Doesn't that mean that enlightenment doesn't exist and that there is no I to be enlightened? ?

2 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

Doesn't that mean that enlightenment doesn't exist and that there is no I to be enlightened? ?

2 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

There is you, you are God living that life. In Absolute there is no sense of self because you fully become it, nothing to be aware of, you become it

1 hour ago, zeroISinfinity said:

There is you, you are God living that life. In Absolute there is no sense of self because you fully become it, nothing to be aware of, you become it

Yes, but I find that to be true only if you don't believe it to be true. Mind can quite easily slip in there and construct a god/enlightened identity.

3 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

tumblr_nx0ahyblyq1r8kesco1_r1_500.gif
source.gif
 tumblr_lz417uc8zl1r4gei2o8_400.gif      
 9417750ff5a36d83eebe9a3fc66c9a7b8f207c72                                                                     

If your name is on the guest list, No one can take you higher
Everybody says I've got... great balls of fire!

29 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

Yes, but I find that to be true only if you don't believe it to be true. Mind can quite easily slip in there and construct a god/enlightened identity.

@WelcometoReality Yes that is why I always said become trully enlightened. Become formlessness atleast once in your life for you to really become stuff I am talking about. As I said being in the Now non dual perception of the reality. There is no such thing as awareness in that state, awareness dies (collapses) so abiding in awareness is not full story. 

As I said many times it is easy to give away false separated self, it is easy to abide awareness. But Will you really give up awareness itself, oh yeah that is really scary, think about it. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

Just now, zeroISinfinity said:

@WelcometoReality Yes that is why I always said become trully enlightened. Become formlessness atleast once in your life for you to really become stuff I am talking about. As I said being in the Now non dual perception of the reality. There is no such thing as awareness in that state, awareness dies (collapses) so abiding in awareness is not full story. 

Whatever you say after that experience is not the story either, just nonsense! :) 

I have deepest respect for all enlightened folks because they died for it. They gave away full ego, their life and everything to reach this state. 

8 minutes ago, purerogue said:

Whatever you say after that experience is not the story either, just nonsense! :) 

It is not experience there is no "You" there, nothing to be aware of no perceptions of any kind no body nothing no "awareness" "You" dies.It really dies before enlightenment and becoming what you really are you experience your own pure DEATH. 

But it is worthy ?

Edited by zeroISinfinity

3 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

It is not experience there is no "You" there, nothing to be aware of no perceptions of any kind no body nothing no "awareness" "You" dies.It really dies before enlightenment and becoming what you really are you experience your own pure DEATH. 

Sure, if you want to describe it as Enlightenment, but then there is no point to talk about it at all, or what you discover in it. 

Just now, purerogue said:

Sure, if you want to describe it as Enlightenment, but then there is no point to talk about it at all, or what you discover in it. 

8 minutes ago, purerogue said:

No it is not point for me to describe it for you. You have to become enlightened yourself and you can do it only while meditating. You can't walk around thinking you are enlightened, no you can only become it during meditation. So practise practise practise not losing yourself in concepts philosophy Religion science. Actual work not imaginary conceptual. Hope this helps