tsuki

10'000 profanities

144 posts in this topic

@mandyjw Right below the quote you posted? This is the most, to-the-point critique of this video I could make.
Science is never going to find God with those assumptions.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

There's no post from you before that one? 

What video are we talking about critiquing? I'm talking about you critiquing Leo's original video. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

5 hours ago, tsuki said:

My god, I wish I had the strength to debunk this guy. I wish I could be bothered to write a better critique of his critique. 
Science is a third person perspective endeavor.
You assume that you are apart from your personal experience, and that you are apart from other people.
Then, you perform experiments and agree or disagree (with other people) on your results to establish the basis for shared knowledge.

How are you ever supposed to realize the underlying unity if you assume so many layers of separation from the get-go?

@mandyjw I was criticizing the way in which people use science to debunk spirituality. Science is never going to find God when it is formulated this way. It is not its purpose.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

I really liked what you said but I keep getting the sense that you hold yourself back and don't express yourself like you want because you don't want to take the necessary authority to do so. You think it's a trap. That's why you feel they way you do about Leo. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

14 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

I really liked what you said but I keep getting the sense that you hold yourself back and don't express yourself like you want because you don't want to take the necessary authority to do so. You think it's a trap. That's why you feel they way you do about Leo. 

I don't express myself like I want to, because what I want is not always the way to go.
You're following your heart and that's fine if that works for you, but you have two judgement centers. 
Keep working on deep belly breaths and remove the glass from your stomach. You will see what I mean.

Edited by tsuki

So how did that feel? 

I was excited in the evening, the heart had trouble going to sleep. I was excited in the morning, my head buzzing with ideas.
When I went to the forest, dogs were attracted to me and were coming by to say hi.
I passed that railway and I saw a woman walking along it with a dog.

I knew that was the place, so I came back and started recording.
The whole thing was done with not a single thought present, in high alertness.
The last 5 minutes were spent in the colorless space.

How did that feel to you?

Edited by tsuki

I loved it, of course. I had to watch it twice because the first time through I thought you might speak so I was thinking and anticipating a lot. There's an energy about you I understand better. I also find it strange how much you look like and have some of the same mannerisms as me. I love the setting.

7 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

There's an energy about you I understand better.

And what's that?

11 minutes ago, tsuki said:

And what's that?

I want to say that it can't be described but I know that's a cop out because someone in another thread just reminded me of a quote from Leo about how the Truth cannot be spoken but it must be spoken.

Yet when I try to describe it, I realize that there's something I can't reconcile that is being reflected. Let me contemplate some more and I'll give you an answer.

Okay.

How did you learn to speak English so well? You say you're shaken but you look completely and perfectly composed. xD I'm perplexed why you say "I shouldn't say those things" after you talk about the camera being a person you created, that was my favorite part right before you said "I shouldn't say those things. I should be inspecting myself instead"

Did you say there was a movie you recommended before watching Annihilation?

32 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Did you say there was a movie you recommended before watching Annihilation?

Ex machina

32 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

How did you learn to speak English so well?

I used to watch cartoon network in English when I was a kid and played a lot of untranslated video games.
Then, I learned English at school and read a lot of stuff on the internet.
What really made it take off is youtube and writing stuff on this forum. This is how I began thinking in English.
My recent accomplishment is reading English texts out loud in Polish. I even started translating stuff from hearing, but I can't keep up with speaking.

I took part in a few foreign business meetings and recently went on a business trip to Germany where I introduced our company to a few clients.
Now I mostly think in mixed English and Polish. It depends on the person I'm "thinking to".

33 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

I'm perplexed why you say "I shouldn't say those things" after you talk about the camera being a person you created, that was my favorite part right before you said "I shouldn't say those things. I should be inspecting myself instead"

I said that I shouldn't say 'yeah', those things are unnecessary.
In the previous video I was talking about how we create other people by interacting with them and carry them around in our psyche.

33 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

You say you're shaken but you look completely and perfectly composed. xD

That's just because you don't know me. I'm like that around people I don't know. In the previous video I was talking about developing the stranger archetype that is used when you talk to the camera.

It's funny because my wife perceives this 'me' as flirtatious, but I was just nervous on our first dates hahaha.

30 minutes ago, tsuki said:

I said that I shouldn't say 'yeah', those things are unnecessary.
In the previous video I was talking about how we create other people by interacting with them and carry them around in our psyche.

I thought that's what you meant when I watched earlier. It was good to hear you speak. I think your spoken English is good also.

You've got me interested in watching Annihilation,,,,

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

1 hour ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

I thought that's what you meant when I watched earlier. It was good to hear you speak. I think your spoken English is good also.

Thanks. When I watched the video a few times until my heart calmed down, I noticed that I really did not say much for 12 minutes.
There were many unnecessary repetitions. That's probably because I was thinking on the fly.

Loved your last vid dude. Keep putting those pieces of the soul back together ?  

7 hours ago, mandyjw said:

Theme for the day, cycles. 

@mandyjw What do you mean?

On 28.05.2019 at 5:24 PM, DrewNows said:

Loved your last vid dude. Keep putting those pieces of the soul back together ?  

@DrewNows Thanks!

Your videos keep getting better! Not able to watch the latest yet but the suffering was awesome! Very deep and abstract