IVONNE

25 and felling drained and old

12 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

Have you ever felt this way where you did so much and to the point your feeling exhausted

I am at a point in my life where I am 25 and finishing my social sciences studies. There about 6 weeks left.

I will be having a gap year to save up and then head to do my undergraduate studies in  law and sociology.

There has been many up and downs and lessons and knowledge throughout these years and have seen and learned a lot while maturing at the same time.

My question is:

Is it too late to pursue what I am doing ?

Hi Ivonne

What I'm hearing is that you have some doubt about what you really want to do next. My thoughts on that are:

1. What are the reasons that you're having these doubts? Lack of interest? Tiredness? Lack of finances?

2. What's the alternative? And I mean that seriously. The alternative might be counter-intuitive. Maybe you just want to relax for a while or do something that sounds silly or irrational.

3. Do you care what anyone else thinks? Family, a partner, your friends, society? 

Well, that's it from me. I'm afraid I often tend to respond to questions by asking a load more questions. Not everybody appreciates that kind of approach but who knows, maybe it'll help.

Profound Familiarity
An Audio Journal

@IVONNE Of course its not too late. You're in your prime! 25 is probably the perfect age to go and do an undergrad in my opinion. I'm 26 and I wish I could go back and do my uni studies again at this age. When your 18/19 you're so young, naive and inexperienced. 25/26 is a great age because you're more mature and probably more hardworking. But you're also young enough to still be able to fit in with the other students. Even if you were 30 or 40, mature students are usually the best students. Older students are more focused and have a clearer picture of where they're heading and why they're doing the course. Professors/lecturers love older students. I guess just make sure that it's what you really want to do. Don't waste the opportunity. You only get a student loan for one course.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

7 hours ago, IVONNE said:

finishing my social sciences studies. There about 6 weeks left

Having just a few weeks left (exams or defense ahead?) can be one of the most challenging times. Hang in there. Don't make big decisions. Finish your studies and get some rest. 

@Space That's so true and I agree with most of things you've mentioned :)it really helped so Thannnks

@Elisabeth That's what I also needed to hear and its good to know that there's people around in the world that reminds you.

It really helped so thannnks:)

20 hours ago, IVONNE said:

Hey everyone,

Have you ever felt this way where you did so much and to the point your feeling exhausted

I am at a point in my life where I am 25 and finishing my social sciences studies. There about 6 weeks left.

I will be having a gap year to save up and then head to do my undergraduate studies in  law and sociology.

There has been many up and downs and lessons and knowledge throughout these years and have seen and learned a lot while maturing at the same time.

My question is:

Is it too late to pursue what I am doing ?

No, it is not too late.

I started my undergraduate degree at 31. Some of my best mates on the course have been in their 40's, 50's and even one in their 60's. 

I know what you mean about feeling exhausted. I think with undergraduate and postgraduate study, the single most tiring thing is procrastination. It's the situation i'm in now. I've left myself loads to do with little time to do it, and it weighs on my mind. 

Do the work, get it done early. Don't leave things until the last minute, which is a tendency that many have. Once you have done your work for the day then stay balanced... see your friends, rest up and get some exercise and good nutrition.

@Dan502

I would say tiredness for number 1

relax for some time for number 2 but wisely knowing that I still have some work on the side 

society and family for number 3 as they always expect you to be at a certain place at a certain stage of life

Thanks for the questions ^_^

@studentofthegame  It really put things into perspective and what you have overcame and it helped so thannnks ^_^

21 hours ago, IVONNE said:

Every single night. Incredible luck. 

Inspect diet, & resistant thinking. 

Meditate & self inquire. Exercise. Stomach breath 24/7.

“Energy” is a thought. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE