George Fil

Stopped my meditation habit and the unexpected happened

14 posts in this topic

Hi Actualizers,

just wanted to share what i have notice the last 3 weeks and what i have witnessed when i eliminated my meditation practice.

I used to do 2 years daily for 15-40 minutes. When my schedule became so heavy i had to quit a few days then i notice a change in my behavior that i have not seen in years. I have became so playful and my social interaction issues and my cynical attitude was gone. I still meditate, but every two or three days now. 

I am still trying to understand what happened but i believe that as an introvert meditation pushed me deeper into my thoughts and inner world. So deep that i hardly could enjoy the company of people. After i stopped meditation, my conversations with people run smoothly, not second thoughts or any hesitation. I laugh and I am so playfull that i had invitation to go for beers and events, that i did not have in years.

I am not saying is good or bad or that i am going to stop my meditation routine. I am just saying what i am observing without being sure whats going on.

Anyone had similar effects or noticed that meditation make him less sociable and creative?

2 minutes ago, George Fil said:

Hi Actualizers,

just wanted to share what i have notice the last 3 weeks and what i have witnessed when i eliminated my meditation practice.

I used to do 2 years daily for 15-40 minutes. When my schedule became so heavy i had to quit a few days then i notice a change in my behavior that i have not seen in years. I have became so playful and my social interaction issues and my cynical attitude was gone. I still meditate, but every two or three days now. 

I am still trying to understand what happened but i believe that as an introvert meditation pushed me deeper into my thoughts and inner world. So deep that i hardly could enjoy the company of people. After i stopped meditation, my conversations with people run smoothly, not second thoughts or any hesitation. I laugh and I am so playfull that i had invitation to go for beers and events, that i did not have in years.

I am not saying is good or bad or that i am going to stop my meditation routine. I am just saying what i am observing without being sure whats going on.

Anyone had similar effects or noticed that meditation make him less sociable and creative?

What  happened was probably you were taking spirituality to serious and got spiritual ego, also doing advanced mediation practices can make huge shifts in perception, which leads to confusion , not knowing what to do, "how to act".

In general it was not mediation fault itself, but taking break clearly helped you, don't be afraid to mediate more often, learn from this. 

24 minutes ago, George Fil said:

What you don't understand is that any sort of regiment or idea we adopt and make a part of our self is going to have consequences for the mind because we no longer do things on our own accord but from the authority of another. The mind was trapped in a practice and when released, you automatically become more present, no longer looking to thought (ideas or a belief) for direction/purpose. Any life purpose can easily produce these sort of impact if we aren't mindful of our own thoughts and how they are operating. 

I like to say the first year i got into weight lifting i became quite addicted and suffered from "weight lifting syndrome" xD 

it was considered a part of my identity (thought-self) 

In other words when you aren't meditating you might fall back asleep because there isn't awareness of "psychological time" 

This subject fascinates me. How does one maintain a serious practice without getting a spiritual ego of "doing" about it?

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

1 hour ago, mandyjw said:

This subject fascinates me. How does one maintain a serious practice without getting a spiritual ego of "doing" about it?

the same way we go for a lunch or a water drink, a more organic approach, expecting no results

25 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

1# understand the nature of experience-phenomenon in movement in our daily life, referred to as phenomenological psychology. 

2# to understand the nature of thought and it’s relationship to the self, which also correlates with #1 

3# to understand the nature of psychological time, in which also is interconnected with both #1 & #2. 

Serious practice becomes an art as does life 

1 minute ago, oMarcos said:

the same way we go for a lunch or a water drink, a more organic approach, expecting no results

The problems arise in between practices 

Hmmm...

It seems to me that this is an unfigureoutable problem. Or not a problem. One of those things. xD

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

42 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Hmmm...

It seems to me that this is an unfigureoutable problem. Or not a problem. One of those things. xD

Simply a “challenge” ? 

and you’re right, totally unsolvable with just the mind. Using humility, self love and being aware of thoughts potential hijacking, just maybe...

watched your latest vid 

? will smoke to that ?

Good work and your spirituality started sounding sort of religious...see how easy thought hijacks our focus through new beliefs and ideas about reality simply for comfort or satisfaction? 

This is why we must follow our own inner-nature and find balance/middle-way in life rather than be strict about things. You don't become enlightening by chasing it, it happens when you let go and just be yourself. You were accumulating energy/downloads from practice but never allowing rest in between so the effects can take place. Kinda like Psychedelics and Integration, if we keep doing psychedelics without finding a resting ground, we will never be able to witness and integrate what you now keep realizing during the state.

Even meditation needs breaks, follow your highest passion/joy, this is your true nature.

B R E A T H E

@DrewNows Yep. It's nothing and it's also ALL OF THE THINGS and daily I get wrapped up in what it is or is not. xD

I got up this morning knowing that I'm supposed to go pick up trash on the side of the road and love everyone who threw it out while I do it. It sounds like a wonderful opportunity to build a massive spiritual ego. Then I saw on Facebook that there is a scheduled trash pick up event today. So I just have to show up at the library and join in... that was weird. xD

spirituality isn't a practice but a lifestyle.

May I suggest that probably what happened was, you stopped taking spirituality as a pracice, and rather started taking it as a lifestyle?

I had the opposite.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

this video encapsulates the living strategy we take up in life unknowingly even in our spiritual practices, to stay limited in the rat race mentality