Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
herghly

Post your morning routine!

12 posts in this topic

Since I started to take my morning routine seriously I have made a lot of progress with my self-actualization. 

It would be great to have a thread where we all post our morning routines.

I will go first!

I wake up at around 5:30 AM every morning, and these are the things I do before I begin my day.

• 2-3 pages of freehand journaling 
  • 45 minutes of meditation
  • 10 minutes of visualization

Obviously, I wash my face and brush my teeth before I begin.

10 hours ago, herghly said:

wake up at around 5:30 AM every morning, and these are the things I do before I begin my day.

What time do you usually go to sleep? Just wondering if you are cutting your sleep short or going to bed really early. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@herghly

Usually, my routine is what I feel needs to be done, nothing more and nothing less.

Or, in other words, I don't really have a routine, I actually hate it, and I like being this way.

Edited by Truth Addict

I have tried setting out a morning routine but haven't managed to stick to anything so far. I read the book 'miracle morning' and was inspired to try some of that out. Maybe at some point i'll revisit.

For now, my morning routine consists of one thing and one thing only: fill my water bottle. Rehydrate

It's a small thing but I needed some aspect of control. I needed the stream of victories each day and it's been working since I start doing it last month. Again, I've had no luck setting out big goals on paper and comprehensive plans/schedules to achieve them, so I'm breaking things down to their smallest components. I see making sure I'm not walking around dehydrated all day (as I previously was) as the first small step. 

Next month - i'll add something else and try to make that habit stick, too.

Edited by studentofthegame

• 15min hygiene
  • 30min stretching/yoga
  • 30min do-nothing
  • 10min loving-kindness
  • 10min contemplating nondual texts

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

@MLKFan It is very simple visualization all the things you want as if you already have them

read psycho cybernetics

@herghly  I read it but all I can think to visualize is money and a girlfriend and power to make the world more loving.

On 4/18/2019 at 0:04 AM, okulele said:
  • 15min hygiene
  • 30min stretching/yoga
  • 30min do-nothing
  • 10min loving-kindness
  • 10min contemplating nondual texts

That's really good. Nice work. Is it difficult for you to follow through with this on a daily basis? I tend to want to be lazy in the morning.