Swagala

Is my vision an "awakening" thing?

18 posts in this topic

Not even 30 minutes ago, I sat down, and just spaced out. I attempted to not have any thoughts. Then, I noticed how my vision has a static or snow affect. It's never been a problem but I have had times when I notice how distracting it can be but just brushed it away. I looked it up, hoping that it could be considered normal. It's apparently not and it's called Visual Snow Syndrome. The last memory I had of noticing this affect in my vision was when I was in college. I was depressed (which got me into spirituality) and I heard about an exercise that can help you realize how everything is made up of light energy or something along those lines. I focused on the things around me and started to notice the affect. I thought I achieved that state of seeing light energy but soon threw that thought away and firgured that's how everyone else sees things. I admit, I was very gullible at that time of my life because spirituality was something new that felt so real.

I'm also aware of how egoic this sounds.

I do genuinely want to see if it's possibly an awakening thing. Because of how I've always thought this visual phenomenon as "normal," the way I've been experiencing life, ever since finding spirituality, might not be as normal as I've always thought. I've come to accept the possibility that I may have "opened my third eye". When I first heard of opening the third eye, I always thought of it as a really magical and distinct thing that you'll notice if it happens. But it may have already been opened or gradually opening but I never noticed it. Of course, I'm definitely talking out of my ass here so, I'm buttering myself up just from a single visual abnormality.

Edit: I wanna mention that it's definitely way more noticable in the dark.

Edit: I can't say for sure if my vision is always like this (after the fist time I noticed it in college) but just became accustomed to it or if when it happens is when I notice it (I notice it a lot but don't think anything of it).

Edit: Now that I've been focusing on it, I start to notice that there are shapes and silhouettes of the whiteness in some places.

Edited by Swagala
Grammar

I got nothing.

Do they look like white sparks of light by chance?

The kingdom of heaven is within.

If you pay enough attention you can see lot of things, I for example can see millions of small "energy particles " that fall to certain angle quite fast, but when I did my research about visual snow it did not seem quite it, so I am not sure what it is, anyway I do not think that they are signs of awakening, but it might be showing that you are good on "concentrating" on present moment, being  in awareness, but that is just guess. 

Edited by purerogue

@Colin

Not that I've noticed. It's mostly been just everything around me having small, black and white dot affects. I sometimes notice that something I looked at before would leave like a white silhouette in my vision when I turn away or close my eyes.

I got nothing.

The first signs for me were increased awareness of exactly what you describe. I remember being aware of what you describe when I was a little girl but I didn't pay attention to it as I got older.

Recently I noticed that there is/was also a constant dynamically changing display of color and patterns. I saw the vision of an eye centered sometimes. I think now that the colors may have corresponded with chakras but I'm still not sure. I'm an artist so I work with and pay attention to color daily. I wrote down the colors I saw and used them in my work. Eventually I grew tired of that and just enjoyed the display.

Pay attention to it, enjoy it, hone it. Good for you. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Colin Floaters are different, they are physically there in your vitreous fluid, it's a literal projection that you're seeing.

This is more like seeing electrical "pulses", it's more ephemeral rather than physical. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Colin

No, I don't see any floaters right now. I haven't seen any floaters in my vision for a long time.

I got nothing.

@Swagala For me, this is normal, although some people refer to this as "seeing energy" (that is if I interpret your experience correctly). This static is usually more visible when it's dark. Don't know if it's related to "awakening" since I'd assume that most people, if not all, experience this static effect, most just don't pay attention to it. 

Edited by iTommy

"Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves."

- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

12 minutes ago, Swagala said:

I sometimes notice that something I looked at before would leave like a white silhouette in my vision when I turn away or close my eyes.

@Swagala I see the same thing. I also got this from dabbling in spiritual visual practices as well. These practices can be pretty disruptive, to the point where I would caution people attempting them, to consider if they are really ready to commit to lifelong alterations in their vision.

@mandyjw There may be more to floaters than...wait for it...." meets the eye" Ha!

@Colin xD You're probably right. I've had such a bad relationship with them I hadn't considered that. I have one that's balled up and looks like a dark spot and settled almost right in the center of my vision a lot . 

I see the snow field, or a I call it, the star field, because it reminds me of those old Screensavers of flying through the stars. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@mandyjw See if you can notice if the dark floaters come up when you are feeling negative emotions and if lighter floaters come up when you are feeling good or serene.

@mandyjw

In the mid-1990s, I met a man named Nestor who lives in the solitude of the hilly Emmental region of Switzerland. Nestor understands himself as a “seer”. He sees the very same dots and strings that are described above as eye floaters. However, Nestor’s claims that his floaters have changed due to psychophysiological practices intended to intensify consciousness: They became bigger and more numerous, luminous, and developed into a multi-layered shining structure with a center which he approaches through seeing. To Nestor, “eye floaters” are actually a shining structure which is created by our consciousness and in which we enter when we leave our body. For many years, I’ve been learning the art of seeing with Nestor, and today I can confirm: This kind of floaters – the “shining structure floaters,” as I will call them in the following – are a phenomenon of light and consciousness. It is a mistake to conceive them as “vitreous opacity” or “vitreous degeneration syndrome”. https://www.eye-floaters.info/floaters/introduction.htm

I've been seeing this stuff since I was a teen I went to lots of Doctors and non of them could give me an explanation they say that my eyes are completely normal, I didn't know that it could have a spiritual explanation, very interesting

@Colin That makes me physically nauseous to read that. 

Wow.

My floaters appeared after a really pivotal and intensely painful event in my life. Of course.

Thank you. :x

@mandyjw You're welcome.:) My floaters appeared to me as well during an intensely emotional experience. I can confirm what the quote above states.  During moments of mental and emotional stress, the floaters are dark and chaotic. However, during moments of serenity and peace, the floaters are filled with light and ordered. One time when I was facing the sky and contemplating oneness a singular floater appeared in my visual field. It became thick with light and began to spin, then shot off!

Update: I've been focusing my awareness on my vision a lot more lately. Sometimes if I stare long enough and focus on these lights, it's as if the lights I see start to "block" an object I'm seeing. I say block but it's almost as if the object starts to disappear. And when the disappearance happens, I start to freak out because it feels like at any moment, my whole world could just disappear. I definitely want to take this further.

Edited by Swagala

I got nothing.