Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Swagala

I just had an "Enlightenment" Moment

10 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm this person and I just had and currently am having a bit of an "awakening" but I can feel it kind of fading away as I'm typing this. I had the intention of posting this so here I am, with no resistance.

Basically, I had the insight that we have almost no control with what is happening in the now. Now is just happening, no need to put it into words, it just is.

So, that was what I'd consider the actual awakening insight from that moment and now the moment where I try to explain it. I had a few more realizations but because I was thinking while I had the realizations, I'm not considering them as "pure" ones. 

I genuinely understood that thoughts are a part of reality but they are also groundless because they can come up at any random moment with any random topic. What I concluded during this moment is that thoughts can act like the narrator. The God intelligence within us, somehow makes us have the intention of doing something but ego can make it seem like the given intention from God is their doing. I had a moment when I saw a bag of chips on a couch and instantly I felt like not eating the chips and then the thought of "I'm not eating those chips" came up (probably not the best example). Whether or not you think of doing something or not doing something and it happens or doesn't happen, you still weren't the one in control. There's a lot of many different ways that the ego can make it seem like it's in control. It's beautiful. I also learned before that the ego is not the enemy, it's a part of reality and trying to "kill" it is denying a part of reality and that never goes well. Plus, the sole desire to have no ego, is an egoic move itself. There's learning it and then there's experiencing it and in this moment, I experienced how ego is not an enemy. It's a part of this reality and it's there because... it's just supposed to be there for the design of reality. Me trying to word out everything I can think of that the ego does for reality would be too time consuming so I won't.

I want to talk about the moment when I realized that we have almost no control over what happens. I say almost no control because I can't say for a fact that we have no control what so ever. There may be a small bit of control that the ego has with what happens and reality shift a tiny bit because of the ego, that's I think right now. Anyways, I've had a similar moment before from when I first started off this spiritual "journey." I was showering and from what I remember, I was trying to see if free will was real (I saw Leo's free will video right before this). I silenced my mind and just stared. I started noticing that "I" was washing my hair, soaping my arms, basically showering without having to think of doing any movement. What I noticed from this experience and the one I just had now was that my face was in "resting mode" for both of them. Not sure if it's for everyone but I think that I identify with my face more than other things so, resting it was like silencing the mind.

I'm aware that the way I'm saying these insights might sound like I'm trying to preach the truth but I it's me trying to explain my experience and me trying to explain it to myself at the same time. As of right now, I don't know why I had the urge to do this but I know it's for a reason and questioning it isn't gonna help. Thanks for reading.

Edited by Swagala

I got nothing.

1 minute ago, Swagala said:

, I had the insight that we have almost no control with what is happening in the now. Now is just happening, no need to put it into words, it just is.

@Swagala Nice!

1 minute ago, Swagala said:

Basically, I had the insight that we have almost no control with what is happening in the now.

Almost? So you mean you have still have control, but everything else is not you that is in control of the now.

Basically, I had the insight that we have almost no control with what is happening in the now. Now is just happening, no need to put it into words, it just is.

Sounds about right. The "I" who you think you are has no control over the course of life. It's all just false beliefs the mind interprets from the Self. 

Just now, Peo said:

Almost? So you mean you have still have control, but everything else is not you that is in control of the now.

What I meant was that I have not yet had the experience to say that either we have no control or we might have some. The "you" or ego might have some control from it's resistance to what reality wants to do. It's also coming from the perspective that since we are God, we can somewhat control our environment, that's including with the help of the ego. This all my personal speculation though.

I got nothing.

4 minutes ago, FoxFoxFox said:

Sounds about right. The "I" who you think you are has no control over the course of life. It's all just false beliefs the mind interprets from the Self. 

Yes, you worded it better than me! :D

I got nothing.

@Swagala When the mind slows down true reality can be perceived exactly as it is - without the overlay of mental concepts and labels.

35 minutes ago, Swagala said:

I can feel it kind of fading away as I'm typing this.

See what I mean.