AstralProjection

Why I Think All This Talk Of Psychology And Beliefs Don't Matter Is Total BS

12 posts in this topic

In being on this forum viewing the responses many of you seem to have the belief that psychology and beliefs don't matter. Like I post about different spiritual concepts and there isn't much interest in it. But this is why I think that is a bunch of BS, and why psychology and beliefs do matter. Besides the obvious fact that beliefs and our truths shape our reality, being enlightened doesn't automatically make one do good. It's only by actually believing that we are more than flesh and blood and actually doing good in this world that we can evolve to true enlightenment. If we don't help relieve suffering and add meaning to our lives and others by believing and evolving through higher and higher truths then we don't actually create good avatar synthesis. We don't actually overcome. The only way to do avatar synthesis is to work with the meanings of our beliefs, intentions, thoughts, emotions. I know some of you believe that we don't have free will, so doing this is meaningless. But for the universe to be created itself would require free will. It's only by believing that we can overcome anything by taking on full and total responsibly for our actions and thoughts that something deep in us rises up to free us from our animal nature.

Overcoming every single obstacle and attaining our highest potential isn't a blank state of nothingness. When the masters came here and reincarnated on earth like the Buddha, Jesus, Krishna or whoever, they were not blank states of conscious nothingness. These are ordained people sent by God to bring a message to a generation. If you don't believe in God can exist as a being then you need to read the near death experience book by Eben Alexander (neurosurgeon.) So theses enlightened masters knew how to work with words ideas, concepts, emotions, and thoughts at a fundamental level, It was inherent in their very nature because of all the previous good deeds that they did. Doing the right thing was so deep in their being and consciousness that nothing would stop them from doing it. And so what is it that separates these enlightened masters that only do good from those that do wrong and bring suffering to the world? We can we say? That at least fundamentally for now in this reality and time-frame for now these enlightened masters are doing something very different than those that cause suffering on this earth. That is why I believe in free will. Free will requires that one have the right mental constructs in order for them to even start to make truly selfless choices to bring love and peace to the world. Thoughts?

The Avatar of Synthesis

www.vimeo.com/295781325

ladytreeSymbol.jpg

Satchidanandmeme3.png?fit=544,834

BTW Swami Satchidanand is one of the few permanently enlightened masters in this world. 

EDIT: I guess I would just add one more thing, which is, I believe that if a a pure consciousness reincarnated here but didn't have any avatar synthesis then it would just fall apart in our world because it didn't have any past experience to deal with this type of reality. That is why we need to learn to choose the right thoughts and actions. Especially when it matters most.

Edited by AstralProjection

Just another way of looking at it.

Belief is a great tool to come to that knowing. And it also can be used to disintegrate one's self or others. Thus, the reason all those mystics in the past have suggested to transcend the movement of belief altogether.

Though, if everything is God, then belief must have its positive use as well, as your post has eloquently shown. Though, I would kindly point out that the other side is also equally true. "No free will" is another way of saying that it is all God's Will.

I am basically saying yes, in case there is any doubt by the OP.

This has been an obstacle for me in the past and it’s dangerous often leading to nihilism or a lack of purpose to life when we unknowingly start adopting beliefs about beliefs and reality without being fully open to the infinitude of perspectives and all encompassing truth behind it all 

@DrewNows Thank you David Hammond, David Hammond, DrewNows for chiming in.

And yes DewNows it's a fine balancing act. I guess when I say working with beliefs and psychology. I am not talking about it in an egotistical way. I am talking about in a more selfless way of trying to find the truth. With the ultimate desire of attaining the highest truths, not just fulfilling ones ego.

@AstralProjectioncan you also see how beliefs can become an obstacle toward realizing the truth? 

I feel the deeper we go in understanding ourselves the more open, loving and selfless we become. From an individuals perspective, ego and free will turn into a function (and is really just an interpretation) for the expansion of consciousness 

There are layers to human growth and development. There is the psychological layer, the social layer, the existential layer, etc. Each layer is important. Of course beliefs are important. Even the most enlightened people still hold thousands of beliefs which dictate their actions and attitudes towards things.

For example I once told a highly enlightened guy to try some 5-MeO-DMT. He refused because he said it cannot possibly show people enlightenment. That was a belief, and a false one as well.

No matter how enlightened you get you can still have false beliefs about the world.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There are layers to human growth and development. There is the psychological layer, the social layer, the existential layer, etc. Each layer is important. Of course beliefs are important. Even the most enlightened people still hold thousands of beliefs which dictate their actions and attitudes towards things.

For example I once told a highly enlightened guy to try some 5-MeO-DMT. He refused because he said it cannot possibly show people enlightenment. That was a belief, and a false one as well.

No matter how enlightened you get you can still have false beliefs about the world.

Namaste,

Do you not believe there are layers of awakening that you have not yet accessed? perhaps 5-MeO-DMT has a 'ceiling' whereas other means (although generally taking a much longer period of time) such as meditation, yoga can lead to enlightenment. In other cases in existence it seems that the most powerful advances and changes take long periods of devotion and effort before growth. For example I have heard Sadhguru speak of meditation leading to his enlightenment, Eckhart Tolle speak of long periods of suffering and searching (among other teachers ) whereas I have only heard you speak to the ability of 5meo to reach enlightenment. 

-Are you enlightened Leo?

-Do you believe 5meo alone can spark enlightenment ?

- Do you believe that your time meditating, in yoga ect. opened yourself to the experiences you were subject to during your retreat?

@Iksander Imo Leo says 5meo gives the ego death nothingness experience and saves lot of time for the seeker in progressing as otherwise it takes lot of time to understand believe the teachings and do the practices sincerely. It clears away the doubts inner unwanted resistance mechanisms of mind of the seeker. Most of the people in the forum who used physcadelics agree upon that. 

And more than that leo says its the deeper non dual insights which 5meo gives. 

But 5meo by itself cannot give one enlightenment. 

This is my understanding about physchadelics so for. 

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

How do you know for sure that his belief was false Leo?  If he's enlightened, presumably he knows what Enlightenment is and is not.  It's like handing a store clerk a carrot instead of your credit card, they're gonna tell you right away that there's an error.  They're gonna know, right.  It's obvious to them.  I wouldn't be so quick to discount what that man was saying to you.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Find out for yourselves. All you've got are beliefs on this matter.

If you think that enlightened people cannot have false beliefs or be closedminded, you really don't understand how the human mind works. You'll be in for a rude awakening.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Joseph Maynor people can have an enlightenment experience at any stage of development. There can be red, blue, orange, etc. enlightened people. There is a big difference between growing up and waking up. 

3 hours ago, NorthRise said:

@Joseph Maynor people can have an enlightenment experience at any stage of development. There can be red, blue, orange, etc. enlightened people. There is a big difference between growing up and waking up. 

I think I agree with you.  People try to extend Enlightenment to mean more than it actually does, to have it cover more than it actually does.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor