Nathan J

Has anyone skipped over the self actualization?

16 posts in this topic

From pretty early on when I first took Lsd I shifted my perspective on what was important for me and my priorities, for the last 3 years I've been diving pretty deeply into non dual work, but haven't really done anything significant in regular mundane life. But, now that I'm getting more in touch with my heart  I know I need to take care of basic aspects of life, after finishing the spiral dynamics mini series I came to see that I was and still am really focusing in the deep advanced work but not caring at all about all the other aspects of life and the spiral in general. It's hard to give value and time to mundane stuff in life when I know I could be deeply inquiring. Anyone can relate? I'd love some feedback ?? I wish you infinite boundless peace and I wish you You ?

Edited by Nathan J

@Nathan J

It depends on where you are at in life.

If you're still young and you don't have covered your survival issues well, then it would be a mistake to ignore your mundane life problems.

On the other hand, if you're secure with your financial situation, then you can pursue enlightenment all you want with all your power.

A brief about your situation in life would help us provide better advice.

@Nathan J

Wow man, this is actually a fantastic topic. Ideally yes, you want to have all these facets of life in order so that you are living comfortably to some extent. Deep contemplation, self inquiry, and mindfulness, can very rapidly undermine all the values that you once held so dear. This can become super disorienting and cause some major hiccups in your professional or occupational life. Obviously, living paycheck to paycheck could pose some serious issues at this point. Lol

Get the basics, that's it bro. Have God in your heart, you need nothing or no one. You just need a shelter over your head and food and water.

@Nathan J Mundane is unexplainable magic, so limitless and unbound - it is appearing as “mundane”. But mundane is a projection, a mental reduction, a grosse limit. A pebble, is a facinating impossible miracle. But there does appear to be a pebble none the less. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

11 hours ago, Nathan J said:

It's hard to give value and time to mundane stuff in life when I know I could be deeply inquiring. Anyone can relate?

I did the same thing. I obsessed over enlightenment and let my life turn to shit. After a while I realized I had some work to do. Now I'm much more balanced and responsible.

Life is effortless, I'm pretty center and overall good. I don't have problems with regular day to day life, I just got issues following up with the easy stuff like cleaning my room, doing laundry, just basic stuff.... also my long term plans seem to be in hold. I'm not executing in my vision. Pretty much everything other than self inquiring and meditating became meaningless. But I'm ever more aware that I need to take care of that shit! I can't just tap out into being while I neglect other aspects of life... I'd like to know if anyone has experienced something similar to this and how you evolved out of it. I think skipping thru the whole spiral into the very advanced subjects makes it harder to care about the survival aspects of the spiral.... 

Edited by Nathan J

@Nathan J

Make sure you don't confuse the map with the territory, it seems to me like you are taking spiral dynamics too literally, if I was you I would examine that.

1 hour ago, Nathan J said:

I just got issues following up with the easy stuff like cleaning my room, doing laundry, just basic stuff....

This has to do with discipline, mindfulness, and concentration.

The solution is to do some research on these subjects, watch some videos and then do the work, beware not to fall into the trap of procrastination and over-theorising.

Of course, the solution requires a problem in the first place, so you must consider these issues as problems in order to succeed in changing them, or else accept yourself as you are if you have more important things to do.

I can't just tap out into being while I neglect other aspects of life...

I don't follow here! What do you mean?

I think skipping thru the whole spiral into the very advanced subjects makes it harder to care about the survival aspects of the spiral.... 

Spiral dynamics doesn't have only one criterion to measure yourself on. It's a very complex theory.

You can be at stage turquoise and still have a job, it's completely irrelevant. It's only how you perform and practise your work and develop your skills that change, and for the better of course.

The more you grow (physically), the more experience you will acquire. And it adds up everyday. So by definition, everyday you become smarter than yesterday.

I don't know if my advice alone are enough, and it's only a perspective, you certainly know better.

But I hope you find what you're looking for.

Edited by Truth Addict

@Truth Addict thanks for the feedback :). Discipline became a problem since my awakening experiences..  already working on it, I just want to see if people have had similar occurrences after their awakenings. I stumble upon a satstang about the lack of wanting and how the whole system runs itself after these experiences. Just wanna see peoples experiences and point of view to put them into perspective for these new phase I'm going thru.

@Nathan J

Wanting comes from believing.

If you believe in something, you will want to do something about it.

It seems to me that you want to discipline yourself, and that you want to want xD, these are good signs. But have you inquired why you do want them in the first place?

Again, believing is the fuel of life. You can't move forward without belief.

So, check your current beliefs about life, and change them to your benefit.

Good luck!

@Truth Addict love ♡

I can relate to some extent Nathan, but it sounds like you are neglecting or not doing right away the smallest of the small, since you say you can do the day to day work stuff just fine.  If your truely taking care of the day to day basics, then what ever if your bed is made.  Are you sure there isn't something more bothering you then just these super small things?  If not, then what ever......

I work just enough to survive - outside of the 9-5 trap - any more I don't really see the point of because things don't make me happy and I am way too antisocial for people to make me happy anymore. So yes, skipped the SA completely. My whole life is devoted towards enlightenment I guess?

@thesmileyone was the same waay! And still am pretty Much, self knowlage and truth are my higest priority and principal of life, with that said, there is more story to be tell... you'll evolve out of your non dual paradigm if you really are committed to truth. Non duality becomes addictive as fuck and it can be use to avoid aspects of life. Until God starts telling you to move and to evolve, not to get stuck in one aspect of the truth.... The revelations that come when investigating the self and really deeply enquiring are only half of the story I been asking myself, am I really emboding truth, or am I getting stuck in the transcendent aspect of reality? It's not only about conceptualization.... but don't try to push it either, just let yourself flow... there is more to the story smiley.... let's keep walking the path ??

Edited by Nathan J

@Mu_ I got shelter, food, a job... what bothers my heart is that I know my infinite potential, I fucking know it and I'm not doing nothing about it.... my heart desires me to do and act upon who I am and what I'm capable of doing. Lately even my closes one's are making me see it.... Shit is crazy... already putting myself into motion!