Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
d0ornokey

Who are some great yellow/turq personal development teachers like Leo?

8 posts in this topic

I've had some great success holding myself as a mirror to some actors. They're not quite teachers, but watching people who allow altered states of being to work through them, and whose profession by its very nature encourages the integration of the shadow can be very enlightening if you're paying attention. Andy Serkis is a great example. His sense of ego has completely escaped him, and he's fascinated by the work he does, down to the most miniscule aspects. I'll include a video below. Also, Benedict Cumberbatch. Always a phenomenal performer, and certainly well integrated. Jeff Goldblum also comes to mind, specifically the freedom and openness of his energy. Keep in mind you won't hear anything from them regarding enlightenment, but body language can also give insight if you're paying attention and listening to your own biofeedback. Doing this exercise will also amplify your intuition. Granted it's much more difficult and takes time to develop that kind of knowing.

Other than that Eckhart Tolle and Mantak Chia (probably yellow-early turq) are some of my favorites. And of course, there's Jim Carrey, too. Always fun and enlightening to see what he has to say.

If you watch this, pay attention to how free he is, and how fascinated he is by the systems he's talking about, as well as his humility.

Edited by OrpheusNovum

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all."

-Aristotle 

You may want to check out Leo's first post in the Yellow and Turquoise mega-thread. He lists lots of teachers.

Meta Sage on YouTube

Also, there will come a time when leo and I will cross paths.

@OrpheusNovum Yeah.., i love Jimmy from my juvenile years... and now...what's "happened" to him?

Edited by tedens

39 minutes ago, tedens said:

@OrpheusNovum Yeah.., i love Jimmy from my juvenile years... and now...what's "happened" to him?

Enlightenment. He talks about emergence theory a lot, which is a pretty solid mathematical model of quantum gravity that plugs in consciousness as the system by which all things are created (paraphrasing, may not be 100% accurate, but enlightenment doesn't break down to words). Quasicrystals are some cool shit, check it out:

Definitely worth a watch, but watch both.

Edited by OrpheusNovum

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all."

-Aristotle 

Adyashanti, Alan watts, Sadhguru, Ramana Maharshi, Shinzen Young.

Alan Watts is extremely good at articulating the essence of non-duality. Ramana Maharshi and Sadhguru are just fucking sages.

People I haven't listened to, but others on this forum seem to like: Eckhart Tolle, Jed McKenna, Rupert Spira, Mooji.

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

I don't think Yellow or Turquoise necessarily synthesize many perspectives.  That's not really a condition for Yellow or Turquoise in my view.  Yellow and Turquoise appreciate perspectives but that doesn't mean that they necessarily synthesize or integrate perspectives.

Edited by Joseph Maynor