Viking

can we really go beyond our animalistic nature?

28 posts in this topic

Anything that comes ‘in’ is interpreted by you. The incoming information is not spilt in two parts. Our psychological state of being determines the extent that we can attend/process. 

If we are split psychologically we are constantly battling to achieve security. That impulse puts a divison in relationship. My point is if this happens we are even lonely in relationship. 

Edited by Jack River

14 minutes ago, Viking said:

both

what i meant there that the mind doesnt trigger the loneliness. the loneliness changes the state of mind

Still, even if it is both, do you see that the awareness of the changing “states of mind” - that the awareness did not change? Though the state changed, the awareness did not. The awareness was aware of the change. Do you see that?

Do you also see this with the sensation too? That awareness did not change, awareness was aware of the changing states of mind, and of the sensation coming and going? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

One thing that helps with this if interpreted correctly is we only ever experience ourselves. It’s a real game changer if seen in the right light :). Anyway your awsome dude?

3 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Still, even if it is both, do you see that the awareness of the changing “states of mind” - that the awareness did not change? Though the state changed, the awareness did not. The awareness was aware of the change. Do you see that?

Do you also see this with the sensation too? That awareness did not change, awareness was aware of the changing states of mind, and of the sensation coming and going? 

? good stuff 

This type of exploration leads to the I only experience myself. It’s beautiful?

Edited by Jack River

You need to become Alone and embrace it. Aloneness is not loneliness, it's completeness. It's not isolation. You still interact with other beings and the world. But you yourself stays Alone as there is only You. You exist and are That which is Everything. At the same time "You" don't exist. There is only That. 

2 hours ago, Viking said:

I am talking specifically about loneliness, lack of interaction with people. no friends, no girlfriend. Most people get depressed, because it's in our genes to be social. can one really go beyond those needs?

What makes you think that we should go beyond this? Sounds like someone told you a bunch of lies and you believed them. As someone who has experienced a great deal of social isolation, I can tell you that we absolutely need to have relationships for a basic level of mental health. We're meant to be together.

2 hours ago, Viking said:

can one really go beyond those needs?

No. 

"Too much of the animal distorts the civilised man, too much civilisation makes sick animals." 

– Carl Jung