Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
theking00

what is self deception ?

13 posts in this topic

Does my mind always play a trick on me ?

Edited by theking00

'' what is self-deception? " this thread, everything you're doing in your day to day life, no matter how juicy that thing is. Everything you're doing is a deception. Every thread on this forum is a deception, everything on the T.V, Internet, Radio, Newspapers, What other '' objective physical being '' think/do is a deception.

Become one with reality, stop resisting, stop pursuing anything other than pure unfiltered reality and merge with it so you can become a super-conducter.

merge.jpeg

Edited by Sharp

@theking00 what is self deception? Everything you THINK you know about reality. Think of self deception as a dirty and highly-controlled lens with which you view the world. It is an overlay that distorts everything you experience, and you have no idea yet to what extent it does this.

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

5 minutes ago, TheAvatarState said:

@theking00 what is self deception? Everything you THINK you know about reality. Think of self deception as a dirty and highly-controlled lens with which you view the world. It is an overlay that distorts everything you experience, and you have no idea yet to what extent it does this.

How can I stop it? I don't want to be a slave to my mind.

Edited by theking00

Just now, theking00 said:

How can I stop it? I don't want to be a slave to my mind anymore.

Understand it. Question it. To death. How can you lift the veil if you don't know what you're lifting? You're on the right track by watching Leo's 3-part series on it. You have to identify all the times you take part in the self deception, and that will take time and patience and a lot of self honesty. That's what really helped me.

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

7 minutes ago, Sharp said:

'' what is self-deception? " this thread, everything you're doing in your day to day life, no matter how juicy that thing is. Everything you're doing is a deception. Every thread on this forum is a deception, everything on the T.V, Internet, Radio, Newspapers, What other '' objective physical being '' think/do is a deception.

The below comments are not direct at the OP. They are just general comments about the concept presented. . . 

This is a good point, yet be careful with opposites. When a realization that one extreme is false, the mind loves to adopt the opposite as true. This can be a big trap. For example, a mind may avoid awareness of deception and pretend like it doesn't exist. After deception is revealed, the mind may adopt the opposite view that everything is deception. This isn't quite true either.

The claim "everything is X" nullifies the statement. Saying everything is deception is the same thing as saying nothing is deception. Because, saying everything is deception removes the contrast with nondeception.

Consider the statement "Everything is Blue". That nullifies the statement and is the same as saying "Nothing is Blue". If everything is Blue, there is nothing to contrast the Blue color with. There is no reference point, nothing to compare Blueness with.

Alan Watts spoke often about opposites and inter-dependency. For example, he would say yin is necessary for yang and vice-versa. Without yang, everything becomes yin and there is no longer anything to contrast yin with. If everything is yin, then nothing is yin. There is nothing to contrast yin with.

15 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

The claim "everything is X" nullifies the statement. Saying everything is deception is the same thing as saying nothing is deception. Because, saying everything is deception removes the contrast with nondeception.

Consider the statement "Everything is Blue". That nullifies the statement and is the same as saying "Nothing is Blue". If everything is Blue, there is nothing to contrast the Blue color with. There is no reference point, nothing to compare Blueness with.

That's a paradigm.

What i'm pointing towards to is death of all falsehood which is all types of human civilizations and merging with the beautiful natural world that does not need any addition.

natural.jpeg

1 hour ago, theking00 said:

Does my mind always play a trick on me ?

The mind's trick is the "my"/"me".  To sense that there's a "me" apart from mind, on which the mind is playing tricks, is mind's trickery.

Edited by robdl

38 minutes ago, Sharp said:

That's a paradigm.

What i'm pointing towards to is death of all falsehood which is all types of human civilizations and merging with the beautiful natural world that does not need any addition.

Yes, I understand. This view/experience is tapping into nonduality. Yet its not the full monty. This view/experience is melting into the natural world and becoming the ISness of the natural world. Yet it is also making distinctions and includes separateness. To truly go beyond all paradigms and falsehoods, one word is too many.

What is being viewed/experienced above is a profound and beautiful aspect of nonduality. Ime, it is much easier to enter nondual states in nature. Nature is a very powerful teacher of nonduality and ISness. 

Self deception = That which is keeping 'you' alive

'You' don't live on food and breath. 'You' live on self-deception.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''