Recursoinominado

How to have deep insights?

11 posts in this topic

This question may look silly (sorry, i am projecting my insecurity), but it really puzzles my mind about the nature of learning and really integrating deep self-development concepts. It is possible to "force" or accelerate an insight? 

When i see one of Leo's videos (let's use this example) i recognize: "this is a crucial insight", but i can't really grasp it fully, usually i get distracted as fuck (ego's primary trick). I know you can't "force" anything but i am sure you can create conditions to greatly accelerate the process of learning and integrating (fully grasping and applying it) deep self-development knowledge. Like no one can force enlightenment but we can do kriya yoga, meditate, do self-inquiry etc to create conditions that make the insight easier to hit us. 

As a people-pleaser, i am beginning to see how much caring about what others think (good or bad) is holding me back, obviously, this is a deep issue (lots of repeated traumas, fucked up beliefs), it's not some mind concept, it can be fully felt in the body (some sort of fear sensation, tension, anxiety etc). Yesterday i smoked some weed and saw the "How to stop caring what people think of you" video and it gave my lots of "insights", my plexus solar was on fire, my resting heart rate was high and Leo's words resonated a lot with me, he inspired me a lot. Today i woke up kind of normal, i don't know if anything really changed but it got me thinking, how the fuck Leo is able to have such insights and fully embody them consistently? Every single video is a gold mine full of hidden nuggets. I want this kind of life for myself, fully embodying all those deep self-development concepts and inspire millions to do so(this is my life purpose). 

Don't worry about Leo. Be greatful for his help, and yes he is a good man, but your journey is not his journey. Dont bother wondering how he gets insights etc....You dont have his mind and you never will. Whatever you do, dont get into the comparison trap.

Can you force insights?

......sort of....

You cannot brute force an insight. The only thing you can do is set up the correct parameters/conditions to let the insights flourish potentially.

Like planting a garden.

You cannot force the seed to grow. You cannot speed the process up.

But you can get good fertiliser, water it, sunshine, speak nice words to it. Those things you can control.

But you still cannot be responsible for the seed growing. You arent involved.

So thats the same with insights. Dont bother trying to have them or force to think them. They come to you from God only when the time is ready.

Parameters you can set up:

- meditate daily as a lifestyle.

- journey about things in your life and look for patterns every 2 weeks.

- improve your eating choices a little bit. 

- responsibly, and with pure intent, take some small psychadelics

- exercise your body and move. A stale body leads to a stale spirit. You need a flowing nature for insights to flow.

- Get out of your comfort zone as a spiritual means.

Doing these parameters can hopefully sprout new insights in the fastest way possible. But never ever force insights. If you force them you kill them.

You must have the courage and trust to let your mind go elsewhere.

And if you want to get GOOD at something, all you have to do is do it a ton. Do it alot, do it multiple times.

Do it in a shitty mood.

Do it in a good mood.

Do it for results.

Do it for no results.

Do it when you dont feel like it too much.

Do it when you feel inspired.

Do it forcefully.

Do it non forcefully.

Do it slightly differently.

Do it in a unique way.

Do it for the fun of it.

Do it as a pastime.

Do it as a discipline.

"It" means ANYTHING YOU WANT TO GET GOOD AT. Just do it alot and practise it.

A boxer is a great fighter. Why? All he does is punch a lot.

Just do it alot, do it more than the average person, and just find ways and opportunities to do it.

Meditate? Do meditation and just practise it alot (example)

2 hours ago, Recursoinominado said:

This question may look silly (sorry, i am projecting my insecurity), but it really puzzles my mind about the nature of learning and really integrating deep self-development concepts. It is possible to "force" or accelerate an insight? 

When i see one of Leo's videos (let's use this example) i recognize: "this is a crucial insight", but i can't really grasp it fully, usually i get distracted as fuck (ego's primary trick).

In the ten ox analogy, this is like seeing the tracks and there is a sense the ox is near. I often listen to teachers and there is something they say that catches me, yet I just don't get it. Then my intellect may try to figure it out, which is a distraction. It's like trying to translate what they are saying, rather than just understanding it directly. For example, I felt this way when I first listened to Rupert Spira's metaphor with the movie screen. At the time, I was grounded in what he refers to as the "observer + object" stage. Yet, now he was talking about observer and object as one. I had this sense that a door was opening, yet I couldn't see on the other side. At these times, it is really important that I am in tune whether I "get it". For me, this "getting it" is embodiment. Yet when something enters that I haven't embodied, my intellect wants to conceptualize it. This has happened with common themes such as "you were never born", "form is formless" and "nothingness". When the speaker has embodied it, there is a sense about that person. For example, there are things that people like Leo and Rupert have embodied. This contrasts with my lack of embodiment. Intellectualizing about it is very unsatisfying to me. There is a desire for the real thing. The embodiment. One thing that helps me is to ask a question and let it sit without trying to figure it out. For example, I just sat with the question "What does it really mean that I "was never born""? Then one day, I find myself in a sensory deprivation tank and it was revealed to me. The question, uncertainty and seeking energy dissolved.

My sense is what you write about regarding methods and techniques for insights is gaining momentum. I'm seeing more and more people seeking deeper truth. More and more people being attracted to deeper insights. I'm seeing more methods arise for insights and awakening. I think there is a shift in social consciousness from materialism to awakening and inner truth. And I think it is beautiful.

Very good question.

My two cents:

- Be in a good emotional state in your life

- Have a good support network 

- Find ways to release tension in your body (through yoga, massage etc)

- Fulfill medium-level needs on the Maslow hierarchy 

- Psychotherapy 

- Use psychedelics responsibly (not recommended for everyone)

- Don’t get neurotic on having “profound” insights. The more you seek them, the harder it is to have them.

:) 

Edited by Gabriel Antonio

I like the question. For me, the primary opening for deep insights is just the "wanting to know the truth" for the sake of actually being interested in what's going on.

I understand insights can be very relieving and it can give you a great sense of elation. I like it too. But don't chase insights, but actually try to find out what the truth is about the matter. This means that you will need to question everything you thought you knew. You will need to question everything that your mind has attached itself too. You will need to face your greatest fears, or at least be conceptually open to the fact that they could be true or become realized.

True, deep instrospective work can actually be quite frightening at times. You have to, for instance, really consider the fact that a place like hell could exist. You have to be capable to say to yourself: "Yes, hell actually could exist". But don't only make it conceptual or philosophical, but actually see if you can let this acknowledgement of (the possibility of) this truth sink a little bit deeper, and then you will find fear. Then, let the fear simply go through you and don't try to conceptualize your way out of it, don't say at such a point when you get a little bit scared: "Well the chance is just super unlikely anways, so I don't really have to be afraid of it". Don't do that, whether the statement appears as true or not! You have to really dive into the fear, let it go through you, and be willing to go through fear and thereby let it get out of your system.

The best insights come from the willingness to take literally everything in consideration, even if it makes you tremble. It's not always fun and relieving to do that, believe me. But it will be well worth.

Furthermore, I can share with you something that really helps for me. When I am confused or uncertain about a particular matter, I often either go take a walk to clarify for myself what is actually going on inside my head, or I go write it out. A walk is best done in a calm area in nature, or otherwise a relatively restful urban area. So one of the best tools to deal with confusion (and to gain great insights also), is to take a walk and think or speak out what is going on inside your head —I actually like to talk to myself; I feel like it expresses anc clarifies thoughts much better.

Clarify for yourself what the situation is, what you think you know about it, what you think you don't know about it (yet), what you think you should do about it... And also use a lots of "Maybe's" and "Perhapses". Don't claim any certainty about anything you don't really know for sure, which is really pretty much everything ;).

If you clarified the situation for yourself, have deeply gone into the possible validity of perspective A and B, then choose what is the best approach/idea or the best course of action to take (if an action is required), based on your newly found/clarified knowledge, and based on what feels best to you at that moment. There can still be unclarity left, but if you feel a certain decisiveness is required at that moment, make your best bet at it at that moment in time. It will be a much more grounded way of deciding, because you've now gone much more deeply into the matter.

What I just described is not only a strategy to deal with confusion, but also personally for me the best way to gain deeper or new insights. You can also write it out. How such a process goes, I would just say to take some inspiration from my journal entry here on actualized.org to see how such a process takes place (look for a post where I get really contemplative). You can also look up the topic I made titled "Advanced guide for dealing with (utter) confusion". That one is also quite related, I feel. Just go to my profile.

Edited by Skanzi

I am using a new account named "Nightwise". In in fact intend to stop using this account from now on and use that account instead. So I am not planning on using these two account interchangeably or intermittently. Only "Nightwise" from now on. I am doing so merely because I like the username much more. For some reason, that feels to be important to me. 

@Recursoinominado insights occur spontaneously and effortlessly when you are in line with Teotl. 

Also see how your life purpose of "inspiring millions" is directly tied to your ego and people-pleasing insecurities. Hitler inspired millions. Perhaps you should rethink your life purpose to get in line with what you want to humbly contribute. You want IMPACT, but you have not found your purpose. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

On 19/03/2019 at 11:59 AM, JohnnyBravo said:

Don't worry about Leo. Be greatful for his help, and yes he is a good man, but your journey is not his journey. Dont bother wondering how he gets insights etc....You dont have his mind and you never will. Whatever you do, dont get into the comparison trap.

I often fall in this trap of comparison, especially because his life purpose is basically the same as mine, it's hard to resist the trap of thinking: "holy shit, i am nowhere near this level, wtf do i have to offer, then?"

On 19/03/2019 at 0:04 PM, JohnnyBravo said:

And if you want to get GOOD at something, all you have to do is do it a ton. Do it alot, do it multiple times.

Do it in a shitty mood.

Do it in a good mood.

Do it for results.

Do it for no results.

Do it when you dont feel like it too much.

Do it when you feel inspired.

Do it forcefully.

Do it non forcefully.

Do it slightly differently.

Do it in a unique way.

Do it for the fun of it.

Do it as a pastime.

Do it as a discipline.

"It" means ANYTHING YOU WANT TO GET GOOD AT. Just do it alot and practise it.

A boxer is a great fighter. Why? All he does is punch a lot.

Just do it alot, do it more than the average person, and just find ways and opportunities to do it.

Meditate? Do meditation and just practise it alot (example)

Consistency, man, this is really key and my biggest challenge, i am often a prisoner of my mood swings, i achieved a lot throughout those years of self-development and i can't even imagine if i do a routine consistently, self-discipline is really the key for success. 

On 19/03/2019 at 0:45 PM, okulele said:

Thanks, for the reminder, i will watch this one again!

On 19/03/2019 at 1:00 PM, Serotoninluv said:

One thing that helps me is to ask a question and let it sit without trying to figure it out. For example, I just sat with the question "What does it really mean that I "was never born""? Then one day, I find myself in a sensory deprivation tank and it was revealed to me. The question, uncertainty and seeking energy dissolved.

This is actually a great idea! 

On 19/03/2019 at 6:20 PM, Gabriel Antonio said:

Very good question.

My two cents:

- Be in a good emotional state in your life

- Have a good support network 

- Find ways to release tension in your body (through yoga, massage etc)

- Fulfill medium-level needs on the Maslow hierarchy 

- Psychotherapy 

- Use psychedelics responsibly (not recommended for everyone)

- Don’t get neurotic on having “profound” insights. The more you seek them, the harder it is to have them.

:) 

Great list, seems to me that i need some psychedelic once again lol 

On 20/03/2019 at 8:04 AM, Skanzi said:

Furthermore, I can share with you something that really helps for me. When I am confused or uncertain about a particular matter, I often either go take a walk to clarify for myself what is actually going on inside my head, or I go write it out. A walk is best done in a calm area in nature, or otherwise a relatively restful urban area. So one of the best tools to deal with confusion (and to gain great insights also), is to take a walk and think or speak out what is going on inside your head —I actually like to talk to myself; I feel like it expresses anc clarifies thoughts much better.

Clarify for yourself what the situation is, what you think you know about it, what you think you don't know about it (yet), what you think you should do about it... And also use a lots of "Maybe's" and "Perhapses". Don't claim any certainty about anything you don't really know for sure, which is really pretty much everything ;).

If you clarified the situation for yourself, have deeply gone into the possible validity of perspective A and B, then choose what is the best approach/idea or the best course of action to take (if an action is required), based on your newly found/clarified knowledge, and based on what feels best to you at that moment. There can still be unclarity left, but if you feel a certain decisiveness is required at that moment, make your best bet at it at that moment in time. It will be a much more grounded way of deciding, because you've now gone much more deeply into the matter.

What I just described is not only a strategy to deal with confusion, but also personally for me the best way to gain deeper or new insights. You can also write it out. How such a process goes, I would just say to take some inspiration from my journal entry here on actualized.org to see how such a process takes place (look for a post where I get really contemplative). You can also look up the topic I made titled "Advanced guide for dealing with (utter) confusion". That one is also quite related, I feel. Just go to my profile.

This "talk to yourself" approach is great, seems to be the primary benefit of journaling (a habit that i failed to install but appears constantly on suggestions from others).

15 hours ago, TheAvatarState said:

@Recursoinominado insights occur spontaneously and effortlessly when you are in line with Teotl. 

Also see how your life purpose of "inspiring millions" is directly tied to your ego and people-pleasing insecurities. Hitler inspired millions. Perhaps you should rethink your life purpose to get in line with what you want to humbly contribute. You want IMPACT, but you have not found your purpose. 

Buddha inspired millions, life purposes suppose to be big, ambitious, inspiring enough for you to dedicate your life to it. The need to be (or appear) humble can also come from ego (often, if not always, it does). 

I don't know why my post if so fucked up lol tried to edit but only got worse, hope it is still comprehensible. 

@Recursoinominado

Just be open and receptive all the time, and insights will find their way to you when you need them.

Insights are everywhere if you know how to look. All you have to do is collect what comes in your way.