Aquarius

Meaning of it all?

39 posts in this topic

I am really curious if anything really has a meaning. Nothing seems to have a meaning. Why do we do anything? What is the point? Why do people do anything? I think I am missing something here. Everything seems meaningless, every action, every word. 

What is it all about? What's the point of it all? Everybody seems so content and focused on something, and always doing something, and always striving, but for what are they striving? If they get those things, what will happen? For example someone being born, studying all their life then working all their life then getting money then buying things and then dying. It's absurd! 

Why are we born in the first place? Why are we forced to achieve and develop anything? For what do we live? Why was the world even created? What is this??

What is anything?

I keep thinking about this for some time, I would be glad if someone explained, thank you. 

I can answer that,

Just wait 5 hours !

Hold on !

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

24 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Aquarius Find the source of meaning. ?

What do you mean by that? 

11 minutes ago, Shin said:

I can answer that,

Just wait 5 hours !

Hold on !

Well, ok.

@Aquarius Meaning is a human invention.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

7 minutes ago, tsuki said:

@Aquarius Meaning is a human invention.

Then why do we do anything? Why do we do them for?

7 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Aquarius Just simply trace the meaning.  Go ahead and pick any thing. 

Well, what's the meaning of relationships and friendships for example? Why are we making friends?

Many people nowadays want to be my friend and I'm left there scratching my head about the why.

Edited by Aquarius

@Aquarius Is asking why looking for meaning?  Stop and ask why you’re looking for meaning first. 

1 minute ago, Aquarius said:

Well, what's the meaning of relationships and friendships for example? Why are we making friends?

You can’t realize for other people. 

WHat is the meaning you give to “relationships”, and “friendships”? 

Why are you making friends?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

11 minutes ago, Aquarius said:

What do you mean by that? 

Well, ok.

It's a long answer and I have college until 7 !

HOLD ON !

God is love

And God in them

26 minutes ago, Aquarius said:

Then why do we do anything? Why do we do them for?

@Aquarius We need the concept of meaning because we can't admit to ourselves that we're puppets that are guided by forces that are beyond our comprehension. We invent reasons to distract ourselves from the fact that our lives are utterly insignificant and that the final station is graveyard, regardless of what we accomplish and who we're friends with.

Let go.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

28 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Aquarius Is asking why looking for meaning?  Stop and ask why you’re looking for meaning first. 

You can’t realize for other people. 

WHat is the meaning you give to “relationships”, and “friendships”? 

Why are you making friends?

I never thought about that. I just sort of do it because everyone seems to be doing that and then it becomes the norm (the thing about relationships). Because "why not." But somehow that's not enough. 

I asked for meaning because life feels empty and useless. I don't even think there are words to describe it.

27 minutes ago, Shin said:

It's a long answer and I have college until 7 !

HOLD ON !

Ok, waiting. :) 

25 minutes ago, tsuki said:

@Aquarius We need the concept of meaning because we can't admit to ourselves that we're puppets that are guided by forces that are beyond our comprehension. We invent reasons to distract ourselves from the fact that our lives are utterly insignificant and that the final station is graveyard, regardless of what you accomplish and who you're friends with.

Let go.

That feels calming. Thank you.

So what next? 

Edited by Aquarius

4 minutes ago, Aquarius said:

I never thought about that. Write it out on paper. Look at it. 

I just sort of do it because everyone seems to be doing that and then it becomes the norm.

Oh. Cool. How’s “normal” going? Sounds facinating. ?

Because "why not." But somehow that's not enough. 

Cool. I like sleeping too. 

I asked for meaning because life feels empty and useless. I don't even think there are words to describe it.

There are, you just used some.  Use more.  What is it, meaning wise, that you’ll ultimatey get - and then be happy...., like really uber piss my pants my life is going to just blow my mind out my ears happy? 

I don't think there's anything that can make me happy. 

6 minutes ago, Aquarius said:

@Aquarius Congratulations! You're the happiest person that can ever exist! How does it feel?

19 minutes ago, Aquarius said:

So what next? 

Beats me. Chop wood carry water? 
Maybe we do what we do because there's nothing else to do?

Edited by tsuki

I used to take everything so seriously, like every stupid little choice I made was life or death. Knowing that it's all meaningless is so beautifully freeing. I still like the things I like and work towards the things I want but i feel at peace outside of needing those things for fulfillment. 

You're here to experience, to create, to experience good and bad, light and dark because without opposites or contrast there is nothing. You're here to live a life as a form based human being with limitations to learn that you are at your essence so much more than that. 

Life is both incredibly meaningful and meaningless at the same time. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

58 minutes ago, Aquarius said:

The tongue can not taste itself, happiness can not find itself in a ‘thing’.

Tell me a thing which is comparable to you. What thing is more facinating, more amazing, more of a miracle - than you, just sitting there? What thing can LOVE? What thing can dream? What thing is compassionate? What thing is empathetic? What thing can share? 

What thing will you find, which is more - then you?

What thing is joyful?

What thing - is peaceful?

You create all meaning and porpouse, it's merely subjective. I don't see anything wrong about that, just create something that makes you happy and passionate etc etc ?

Life is meaningful in that it is meaningless. We are beings conscious over our own existence. We are the ones who create meaning, and that may be difficult. All of us came to this universe with the possibilities and skills necessary to thrive in our own perfection. We are all different, yet so alike at the same time.

Meaning comes from within. Meaning is what drives your day, what excites you, what you want to spend your life doing. In order to find our own meaning, we must experiment with ourselves. Dwelve into mists of the unknown, only then can we find our meaning

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 1:31 PM, Aquarius said:

I am really curious if anything really has a meaning. Nothing seems to have a meaning. Why do we do anything? What is the point? Why do people do anything? I think I am missing something here. Everything seems meaningless, every action, every word. 

Everything is meaningless, but certain experiences will resonate authentically for you, and you will enjoy and pursue them.
There is really no point to anything, except maybe to enjoy life, and even that is not a goal or the meaning of life,
It's just what happens when you stop putting meanings onto experiences, you can actually starts to enjoy it for real, because there is no expectations.

What is it all about? What's the point of it all? Everybody seems so content and focused on something, and always doing something, and always striving, but for what are they striving? If they get those things, what will happen? For example someone being born, studying all their life then working all their life then getting money then buying things and then dying. It's absurd! 

Because it has been taught directly or indirectly to them that "x" will be the thing that will make them happy.
Then they chase it, and since you can't be happy for long with a doing "thing", then they pursue it neurotically or pursue some other "thing" that they think it will "do it".

It's the fault of no one though, it's just a circle of unconscious behaviors being perpetuated again and again through generations.

Why are we born in the first place? Why are we forced to achieve and develop anything? For what do we live? Why was the world even created? What is this??

What is anything?

I don't think you can know those last two answers without being awake.

I keep thinking about this for some time, I would be glad if someone explained, thank you. 

I'm sorry to replying this late.

God is love

And God in them

On 3/18/2019 at 4:54 PM, Nahm said:

The tongue can not taste itself, happiness can not find itself in a ‘thing’.

Tell me a thing which is comparable to you. What thing is more facinating, more amazing, more of a miracle - than you, just sitting there? What thing can LOVE? What thing can dream? What thing is compassionate? What thing is empathetic? What thing can share? 

What thing will you find, which is more - then you?

What thing is joyful?

What thing - is peaceful?

I don't know. There is something beyond me that I sense that I cannot quite grasp. It just is. 

On 3/18/2019 at 4:05 PM, tsuki said:

@Aquarius Congratulations! You're the happiest person that can ever exist! How does it feel?

It's quite liberating. :) I always remember this sentence you wrote in my darkest times. Helped me/ saved me, you name it. Thank you, Tsuki. <3 

On 3/18/2019 at 4:11 PM, mandyjw said:

I used to take everything so seriously, like every stupid little choice I made was life or death. Knowing that it's all meaningless is so beautifully freeing. I still like the things I like and work towards the things I want but i feel at peace outside of needing those things for fulfillment. 

You're here to experience, to create, to experience good and bad, light and dark because without opposites or contrast there is nothing. You're here to live a life as a form based human being with limitations to learn that you are at your essence so much more than that. 

Life is both incredibly meaningful and meaningless at the same time. 

Yeah. I am in a phase where I am quite stuck, I'll see what I can do. Certain forces hold me back. I saw Leo's Fear video but haven't the gut the watch it fully. It's too intense. Taking it bit by bit. 

On 3/18/2019 at 5:10 PM, Highest said:

You create all meaning and porpouse, it's merely subjective. I don't see anything wrong about that, just create something that makes you happy and passionate etc etc ?

How I missed this forum and its loving, motivating atmosphere. ? I'm not alone...

On 3/18/2019 at 6:17 PM, sensei said:

Life is meaningful in that it is meaningless. We are beings conscious over our own existence. We are the ones who create meaning, and that may be difficult. All of us came to this universe with the possibilities and skills necessary to thrive in our own perfection. We are all different, yet so alike at the same time.

Meaning comes from within. Meaning is what drives your day, what excites you, what you want to spend your life doing. In order to find our own meaning, we must experiment with ourselves. Dwelve into mists of the unknown, only then can we find our meaning

Dude. I cried. 

On 3/19/2019 at 11:25 PM, Shin said:

I don't think you can know those last two answers without being awake.

@Shin I made it. ?

Also thank you for the long message. I went through a quite challenging time and I accidentally awoke randomly. Don't ask. 

And yes I went through the same realizations.

Now it's time to get creative with the resources available. I am content. ?