ahmet sukru

Any techniques for a profound psychedelic trip?

32 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi,
I used psychedelics (lsd) 3 times before. And I am into meditation, psychology and personal development for a long time.
My trips was really good, but I couldn't get what I want; which is solving some of my problems, knowing myself better and defining a way for my artistic career.
I set up pretty good environment, empty my whole day, meditate, doing yoga etc. and write down the things I want to solve.
But when I look those writings, nothing extraordinary came to my mind, I tried to meditate more while tripping but everything became so empty so I played some music and strated observing around.
So I think maybe there should be techniques to work on those things. Do you have any advice?
Or am I pushing too much? Should I just relax and wait them to come spontaneously?

Edited by ahmet sukru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

You’re definitely on the right track. Anytime I want to get life insights through psychedelics, I always set a clear intention and write down what I would like to learn.

Having said that, you shouldn’t try to control your trip in any way once you’re in it. I’ve had trips where I was seeking some life advice and I ended up becoming the whole universe; which is great but that doesn’t necessarily help with practical human things ;)

Let the answers come to you during your trip. Psychedelics alter your thought process; that alone will already give you insight into what you’re looking for. Really meditate on what you would like to learn. Visualize what it would feel like to have these insights, rather than focusing on the thought that you aren’t learning anything. Trust your intuition and don’t second guess what comes up for you. If it feels right, then it is.

Lastly, if you still aren’t finding success, try altering your dose. I find that lower doses are better with receiving life advice. However, if you feel like your previous experiences have been underwhelming, then there’s nothing wrong with going higher. Just be careful and know that trips will never end up like you expect :) 

Edited by Pure Imagination

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ahmet sukru Just a small intention being kept like: "Surrendering to whatever will come for the good of all."

Maybe write it somewhere you can see and remind yourself every now and then that this is what you are doing, and that the result of the trip is none of your business.


Use the Prayer Swat Team!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, okulele said:

Just a small intention being kept like: "Surrendering to whatever will come for the good of all."

^^This. It’s never a good idea to set too many intentions. Set one overarching one rather than just writing down a bunch of random questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Pure Imagination said:

You’re definitely on the right track. Anytime I want to get life insights through psychedelics, I always set a clear intention and write down what I would like to learn.

Having said that, you shouldn’t try to control your trip in any way once you’re in it. I’ve had trips where I was seeking some life advice and I ended up becoming the whole universe; which is great but that doesn’t necessarily help with practical human things ;)

Let the answers come to you during your trip. Psychedelics alter your thought process; that alone will already give you insight into what you’re looking for. Really meditate on what you would like to learn. Visualize what it would feel like to have these insights, rather than focusing on the thought that you aren’t learning anything. Trust your intuition and don’t second guess what comes up for you. If it feels right, then it is.

Lastly, if you still aren’t finding success, try altering your dose. I find that lower doses are better with receiving life advice. However, if you feel like your previous experiences have been underwhelming, then there’s nothing wrong with going higher. Just be careful and know that trips will never end up like you expect :) 

@Pure Imagination Thanks a lot for your advices. 
I want to ask a couple questions,
-You said "you shouldn't control your trip" and "meditate on what you would like to learn". Isn't meditating on what I want to learn controlling the trip?
-Do you recommend music while doing this? Once I listened some tribal electronic beats and I felt like I am on an advanture to inside. Can it be used as a tool or is it a distraction?
-I consider to do it with my friend (which I trust and doing psychedelics and meditation also) to discuss those issues. Maybe it will help me stay on topic and make progress. Do you recommend that?
-If I go to the nature, still can I get insigths about those topic or is it better to stay home for this?

Edited by ahmet sukru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, okulele said:

@ahmet sukru Just a small intention being kept like: "Surrendering to whatever will come for the good of all."

Maybe write it somewhere you can see and remind yourself every now and then that this is what you are doing, and that the result of the trip is none of your business.

@okulele But when I dont mind the result of the trip I am just walkin around, listening music, observing around, looking at mirror etc. I wonder what should I do as an activity. Should I meditate, contamplate, or just close my eyes, or do art or whatever I desire at that minute and don't mind anything?

Edited by ahmet sukru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

38 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@ahmet sukru Watch as the hands operate so intricately without direction, notice walking never needed a thought. Trust.

@Nahm  Thank you, I will try

Edited by ahmet sukru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

S@ahmet sukru Surrender completely, let go of all ego resistence and control. Let it unfold the way it wants. It worked on me on mushrooms about 3 years back, I had an awesome and profound experience. 

This is my personal advice to you 👌🙏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Highest said:

S@ahmet sukru Surrender completely, let go of all ego resistence and control. Let it unfold the way it wants. It worked on me on mushrooms about 3 years back, I had an awesome and profound experience. 

This is my personal advice to you 👌🙏

@Highest Thanks a lot for your advice.
But what do you recommend to do while surrendering? 
Just sitting on a couch? lying down while listening music? meditation? or whatever I desire at that moment? or it doesn't matter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ahmet sukru It doesn't really matter so long you are in a place that feels comfortable for you 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, okulele said:

@ahmet sukru Just sit. Don't you move from your chosen place! :D

 

40 minutes ago, Highest said:

@ahmet sukru It doesn't really matter so long you are in a place that feels comfortable for you 👍

@okulele @Highest


Thanks a lot! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ahmet sukru said:

Thanks a lot for your advices. 
I want to ask a couple questions,
-You said "you shouldn't control your trip" and "meditate on what you would like to learn". Isn't meditating on what I want to learn controlling the trip?
-Do you recommend music while doing this? Once I listened some tribal electronic beats and I felt like I am on an advanture to inside. Can it be used as a tool or is it a distraction?
-I consider to do it with my friend (which I trust and doing psychedelics and meditation also) to discuss those issues. Maybe it will help me stay on topic and make progress. Do you recommend that?
-If I go to the nature, still can I get insigths about those topic or is it better to stay home for this?

- I guess a better way to put it is release all your expectations. You can attempt to guide your trip in the direction you want, but it doesn’t always work out that way. Intention is still important though, otherwise you wouldn’t really have a shot at getting the insights you’re looking for.

- I recommend tripping in silence your first few times so you can take in raw reality. Music can help, but it is equally useful to be able to trip without any “additives.”

- In my experience, I don’t get much out of psychedelics when I trip with others, even if they meditate. You’re not able to truly turn inward because you need to split your attention also towards your friend. But tripping together can also deepen relationships so if that’s what you’re looking for then psychedelics are great for that.

- It depends on your approach.  Being at home would probably be the most productive, but if you’re able to be still and focused in nature then there’s nothing wrong with adding a little Mother Earth to your trip :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Try what? Who’s trying? Body’s moving on it’s own accord in appearance. Notice yet?

Always a good reminder! Except for two seconds from now when I get distracted by the next thought about lunch or something ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

33 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Try what? Who’s trying? Body’s moving on it’s own accord in appearance. Notice yet?

@Nahm I will try to notice and trust.
I can estimate what you are pointing but you see, it's a bit complicated for someone who is just started psychedelics so still I need to set what I should do. (at least before the trip)
Otherwise I just can watch tv shows or go to parties with psychedelics which will lead to a terrible experience :) 

Edited by ahmet sukru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pure Imagination said:

- I guess a better way to put it is release all your expectations. You can attempt to guide your trip in the direction you want, but it doesn’t always work out that way. Intention is still important though, otherwise you wouldn’t really have a shot at getting the insights you’re looking for.

- I recommend tripping in silence your first few times so you can take in raw reality. Music can help, but it is equally useful to be able to trip without any “additives.”

- In my experience, I don’t get much out of psychedelics when I trip with others, even if they meditate. You’re not able to truly turn inward because you need to split your attention also towards your friend. But tripping together can also deepen relationships so if that’s what you’re looking for then psychedelics are great for that.

- It depends on your approach.  Being at home would probably be the most productive, but if you’re able to be still and focused in nature then there’s nothing wrong with adding a little Mother Earth to your trip :) 

@Pure Imagination Thanks a lot for your detailed explaniton, Helped a lot :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ahmet sukru said:

Thanks a lot for your detailed explaniton, Helped a lot :)

No problem! I just pulled an all nighter writing a paper for my class, so I was in “thorough explainations” mode 😆

Happy and safe tripping to you :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ahmet sukru My advice will not help you with your problems but it will certainly be of help for enlightenment. When tripping, become aware of how unaffected the basis of experience is. I mean you might be tripping really hard experiencing all sorts of phenomena, but at the background of your existence, YOU are still there like you have always been. This "YOU" that i'm talking about is not the egoic "I" but the primordial "I". It's the Self. 

It becomes really easy to perceive during an intense psychedelic experience, and later you can identify it in your everyday experience much more easily. You'll become aware of it while awake or dreaming. Heck, you could even sense in deep sleep after the fact, since in deep sleep the Self is directly experiencing pure void. 


When kept from their true origin, all yearn
For union on the day they can return. - Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now