jamsterX

Help interpreting my 2 mystical experiences.

8 posts in this topic

On two occasions a few years apart after smoking some weed, I was doing some spontaneous inquiry.

First I questioned if I was thought, I felt into it and nothing, then I asked if I was I the awareness of thought? Felt into that and

I suddenly became a full black void while still being aware and connected to the small view from my eyes,  like I was floating a couple feet above my head in empty space , it felt really good.

I was shocked, couldn't believe what was happening, then after a few moments as thought came in I was sucked back into my perspective.

Secondly I was reading non-duality and inquired if I was everything I was aware of, like the chair I was looking at.

Then suddenly the chair became alive and the wall and felt as if was me, I stood up it felt like the floor was my back and I was the house and everything was me and alive, I was able to maintain the experience a few minutes, I peed in the toilet and it felt like I was peeing into myself and I was finding this funny, it felt very good, I was ecstatic, I was repeating everything is me!

Could I have tricked my brain into have these experiences or did I experience something real? What really happened here?

Thank you for your help.

You had some sort of non-dual experience. But it had nothing to do with the brain, it was actual and real. The brain (matter) doesn’t exist because matter is formless and God. It’s an illusion. Matter (form) is formless so it doesn’t actually exist.

If you doubt your experience then it was not a real non-dual experience.

@jamsterX You can also say that the brain tricks you into thinking you are separeted ego and this is the real deal. You can also say that both points of view are correct and it depends on what your definition of the word correct is.

Our brain evolved over millions of years through natural selection to have a very specific experience of life. This particular experience is not nesesarly correct it is just the most suitable for survival of the individual. 

This kind of experience of life was beneficial when we were close to animals and it was all about survival. Now human beings strive to make life something more that just that. 

If everybody saw that we are all one we would eradicate all evil doings of the ego. But something like that won't happen for a very long time and we are not certainly ready for that now either. But there can be a small minority of people that have this non-dual experience and this kind of people can make this world a little better place and incrementally prepare humanity for the fututure where everybody can make this non-dual experience real for themselves.

You are completely free to make anything you want from this non-dual experience. So you might as well create a life that is a worth living. 

Nice

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

It seems like I experienced being as alive formlessness, then being as alive form. Am I on the right track?

Edited by jamsterX
changed mind

@jamsterX Integration is not about creating more stories. Stop doing that.
It's about seeing how your past stories are false and letting go of them.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@jamsterX The first sounds like an out-of-body experience. It's hard for me to say because I haven't experienced floating above my head. The second sounds like a legitimate experience of non-duality.