CreamCat

Strong personal development is more important than a Spiral Dynamics stage.

9 posts in this topic

A properly developed Blue person is worth a lot more than a weakly developed Orange, Green, or Yellow person. A weakly developed Orange person is basically a bum. A weakly developed Green person is just a dirty little whiner. A weakly developed Yellow person is a chronically lazy thinker.

A Blue super hero like captain america is worth ten of properly developed Yellow people. He takes responsibility instead of demonizing others. He saves others instead of making demands from others. If you think you are Green but keep making demands from others, don't claim that you are better than captain america just because you are at a higher stage in Spiral Dynamics.

captain america.jpg

Building strong foundation is more important than making progress into higher stages as quickly as possible.

If you build yourself upon a flimsy foundation, it's going to collapse.

Edited by CreamCat

I think at some point you gotta transcend all this Spiral Dynamics stuff.  Clinging hard to this stuff can easily become a trap of the Ego-Mind.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

12 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I think at some point you gotta transcend all this Spiral Dynamics stuff.  Clinging hard to this stuff can easily become a trap of the Ego-Mind.

I think I'm transcending it. It's a useful model, though. I just presented a better model for personal development.

Responsibility. Industriousness. Hero vs Villain. Etc, etc, ...

@CreamCat i don't think you understand the spiral dynamics framework. tier 1 (up to green) demonizes lower stages. tier 2 (yellow and beyond) understands the necessity of lower stages.

a character like captain america, who is able to sacrifice himself in so many aspects for a greater good is nowhere near blue. blue mindset only embraces its own family, religious fellows and compatriots (at most), which is done for strictly dogmatic reasons btw. and dogmatic behavior is far far away from wisdom and virtues, which are signals of properly integrated maturity levels at higher stages.

also, there's no such a thing as "better model". you can only have partial truths in whichever model you come up with. your job is to always find the weakness that is preventing you from growing up and experiencing a higher quality life, regardless of which model(s) you're using as reference(s). it's not the responsibility of the model (whatever that would mean) and it's not the responsibility of the creators of the model. it's yours and yours only, always.

Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth

2 hours ago, CreamCat said:

A properly developed Blue person is worth a lot more than a weakly developed Orange, Green, or Yellow person. A weakly developed Orange person is basically a bum. A weakly developed Green person is just a dirty little whiner. A weakly developed Yellow person is a chronically lazy thinker.

A Blue super hero like captain america is worth ten of properly developed Yellow people. He takes responsibility instead of demonizing others. He saves others instead of making demands from others. If you think you are Green but keep making demands from others, don't claim that you are better than captain america just because you are at a higher stage in Spiral Dynamics.

captain america.jpg

Building strong foundation is more important than making progress into higher stages as quickly as possible.

If you build yourself upon a flimsy foundation, it's going to collapse.

This insight desevers a medal man.... 5 Stars. I love it. I think last year we got caught up in this spiral dinamycs stuff... Our aim should be personal development not SP model. Lets focus guys... It's not up to us to say who is better than who. That's up to God. 

Lets just live and create amazing things for this world. 

1 hour ago, ajasatya said:

a character like captain america, who is able to sacrifice himself in so many aspects for a greater good is nowhere near blue.

I think captain america is what Blue could have been without dogmas. He has a strong foundation of Blue even if he may not be Blue. He is so blue that his outfit is blue, too.

Captain america: the good parts from Blue

Edited by CreamCat

2 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

it's egoic to have a want for transcend something

:):) 

d3431e4c1335ec2ec46aa3a5c47eea08.jpg

Edited by Aeris

@Aeris thank you!

@CreamCat there is nothing to transcend when it’s not properly integrated. it is a form of selfsufficiency to believe that nationalism can be transcended through a supremacy believe. the thought that a will or striving makes you a better more worthy higher valuable person is ignorance. of course it won’t bring you far if you won’t strive - but saying that it’s better than wanting to change something is a joke and deluded thinking of the ego mind, that rectifies it’s own superiority beliefs and holds you from entering into green.

a person is a person is a person - a person doesn’t come with a price tag.

Edited by now is forever

8 hours ago, Aeris said:

it's egoic to have a want for transcend something

:):) 

True, until it actually happens, then it's no longer a want but actuality.  It's after you transcend that you can look back and see without the presence of anticipation of transcendence.  The anticipation of transcendence is not necessarily Ego-driven but it is a thought, which is a creature of the Mind. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor