Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
theking00

What causes bad dreams?

9 posts in this topic

I dreamt that I was driving a car and the brakes didn't work and one time I dreamt that a dog was biting my hand. Why do I keep getting these kind of dreams? 

Edited by theking00

How can I sleep peaceful? Btw I suffer from social anxiety.

Edited by theking00

@theking00 

I think it’s because you’re nondual, and always perfectly safe & at peace, as Truth. 

Each day however, if reality is experienced dualistically, as a person in the world, then a reconciliation of sorts transpires during the night. 

The reconciliation is of the emotions, but just like during the day, emotions invoke thoughts to mask the emotions - or - add content (thinking) to make reality make sense with the emotions. But we don’t typically notice this during the day, because we believe the thoughts without inquiring into their root (the misunderstanding in perception....and therefore the emotions of unalignment.)

Or simply put, when the notion of material physical reality is surrendered (including the ‘physical self’), and ‘all there is is dream’ , then there’s no distinction anymore between “reality” and (at night) “dreams”, so nothing to reconcile. 

Or even more simply, in every moment, one chooses to, or not to, look into “what this is /what I am” all the way through to the end, or not to. (Usually settling at some certain point of the investigation)                                                                                                                                                            

Dreams: “you’re safe, all is well”

Why you so scary and crazy, with the brakes and the dog, why!?

Dreams: “you’re safe, all is well”

Dreams: “it’s a dream”

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, theking00 said:

How can I sleep peaceful? Btw I suffer from social anxiety.

“Social anxiety” is one’s own overthinking / undisciplined mind, projected onto “others”, as if what they’re thinking was the root of one’s own anxiety. 

It might help to concentrate on the fact that you don’t know, have never known, and will never ever know, what anyone else is thinking, or if they in fact even are thinking at all, and just let it go. Even when they say they are telling you what they really think right to your face - you don’t know. 

Once you’re comfy with that, then inspect - is this more or less a trick, perpetuated by thinking against myself -as in I am well aware some thoughts don’t feel good - but I continue repeating them anyways. Listen to the feelings now, rather than repeat the patterns of “yesterday”.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@theking00 Most people get bad dreams. I assume your concern is getting them frequently. Dreams are related to fears for sure, and all the subconscious stuff that goes on in your mind. I don't have a fix for you no longer getting bad dreams. Working on yourself psychologically and spiritually is a good directive, and if you're on here I recon you are working on that.

Edited by Markus

14 hours ago, theking00 said:

I dreamt that I was driving a car and the brakes didn't work

@theking00 Fear of letting go. Fear of losing control.  Practice letting go.

Uncharted territory in your being. Because people throw all kinds of BS into others (their projection or opinion), and other fears you may have, but if you know yourself is not scary anymore, all makes sense, why and what.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

On 28/02/2019 at 1:46 AM, theking00 said:

I dreamt that I was driving a car and the brakes didn't work and time I dreamt that a dog was biting my hand.

From the Googles. If you believe in symbolism.

Dreams which feature brakes which malfunction signify some area of life in which the dreamer feels she or he has no control.

Dreaming that a dog bites on the hand symbolizes disloyalty.

Edited by Leightonm