Aakash

creating a life purpose without ego

10 posts in this topic

The paradox of life purpose is that you are doing it for you, 

but if you include sacrificing yourself for the benefits of other, you are doing it for other 

i do not think my ambition is driven by money, fame, sex, all these lower psychological needs 

its coming out of my wanting to do something with my life that is building ontop of the past efforts of humanity and continuing it forward towards its ultimate pinnacle which for me is life trying to become more conscious of itself 

if you take enlightenment into account, then there is no need to do this because everything is already perfect 

but the natural flow of reality is changless change 

so is this enough of a reason to pursue a certain life purpose? 

the fact that you are doing it just to build ontop of the past, its not for reasons that are should/ should not, right vs wrong or any dualities, simple being a vessel for change as leo stated. 

mine is clear, full potential, full being, full learning, full improving, complete love.

Be careful about doubling-down regarding Life Purpose.  I see kind of a trap where the Ego-Mind clings to that life purpose in a way that can set up a block to being.  But, at the same time, appreciate the paradox that you wanna do Life Purpose Work too.  Be guided by your life purpose but don’t double-down on it with the Ego-Mind.  There’s a balance.  It’s like driving a car, you’re not gunning the gas all the time.  It’s a more organic, subtle, loose guidance by your life purpose, not a white-knuckled, neurotic, hard clinging by an insatiable, striving, needy Ego-Mind.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Be careful about doubling-down regarding Life Purpose.  I see kind of a trap where the Ego-Mind clings to that life purpose in a way that can set up a block to being.  But, at the same time, appreciate the paradox that you wanna do Life Purpose Work too.  Be guided by your life purpose but don’t double-down on it with the Ego-Mind.  There’s a balance.  It’s like driving a car, you’re not gunning the gas all the time.  It’s a more organic, subtle, loose guidance by your life purpose, not a white-knuckled, neurotic, hard clinging by an insatiable, striving, needy Ego-Mind.

proper thought

@Joseph Maynor I completely agree. Life purpose is not priority #1. Health and wellbeing is. Once you are consistently meeting your physical and emotional needs, only then can you focus on other things with authenticity. Self-love is the goal, everything else springs forth from that.

@Joseph Maynor so in essence what your saying is its nice to acknowledge that you have a life purpose, but be ready to fling it out the window at any time as your survival does not depend on it? 

Why have a life purpose? You are God and can do anything. You are the Creator of your individual  reality and existence. There is no purpose, that’s imagination. Just do what God is here to do, experience duality and existence. Immerse in it fully, connect fully with anyone, have no fear. Fuck rejection, that’s nothing.

You are perfect the way you are, just become conscious and your life will transform forever. Existence has only one purpose: to exist. Fully, without fear or anxiety. Live like you are God.

Not God in a ego sense, you will understand when you awaken to the fact that you are God. God is all-good, all-loving, without judgment, loves and connects with anyone. That is what I’m embodying each day.

Edited by Highest

@Joseph Maynor I'm doubling down, this is something i feel i need to do and pursuit to be able to fully engage in spirituality wholeheartedly. but i wanted to say you are right about being and leo needing to be on the cutting edge the whole time a stage that one passes through. Its a very egoic process when you are doing it for any other reason than love. but its one that i feel i must run my ego dead into the ground with and find out that it won't bring me happiness. 

I was wrong, being is just enough. but i can't do that at my age nor has it ever been in my sights. but i hope i can see eye to eye with you when i am 41

Ye of course you need to something, who can really only sit in meditation, and who would want so? Very few, and only in some cultures that's possible. Though for a few years in a monestary, yeah sure. 

Working can be great, gives you a time to channel your energy and rest well after (meditation is the art of rest), and you can apply your love and honesty found from God in it.

And if you're honest and don't need much, doors can more easily open there as well.

Chapter 3 of the Bhagavad Gita:

'In this world people are fettered by action, unless it's preformed as sacrifice. Therefor, O Arjuna, let thy acts be done without attachment, as sacrifice only.'

Edited by AlwaysBeNice

@Aakash there really is nothing else that matters other than enlightenment. Everything else is just pretend like...