Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Blind Sage

A question about Embodying the absolute

10 posts in this topic

If reality is infinite-shouldn't the levels of embodiment also be infinite? No matter how deeply you embody the absolute, wont there always be more to embody? If not, will personalities always have aspects of the old conditioned mind patterns?

Context:

I'm asking so I can put the 'personality' of an enlightened being such as sadhguru into perspective

You can embody it for a whole life time, it has no end point. The person can change or even transform after a full ego-death, full non-dual Consciousness. It will come back, but things will be very different. The person can even die after enough non-dual experiences, but then the mind must die with it. Very few has done this.

1 hour ago, The Blind Sage said:

If reality is infinite-shouldn't the levels of embodiment also be infinite? No matter how deeply you embody the absolute, wont there always be more to embody? If not, will personalities always have aspects of the old conditioned mind patterns?

Context:

I'm asking so I can put the 'personality' of an enlightened being such as sadhguru into perspective

Yes it always goes deeper. There is no end point. That is a great realization to have be cause there is a humbleness in that. 

"The embodiment" already occurred. You are the absolute; right here, right now.

It is merely a matter of how aware you are of this fact. 

How awake to yourself. How conscious of your infinitude. How deeply you know your essence, your true nature.

What is infinite is the expression and the exploration of Infinity. 

There is precisely nothing to embody. There is only eternal expansion. Movement within stillness. Noise within silence.

Direct experience of nothingness.

13 hours ago, The Blind Sage said:

Context:

The infinite...the absolute...is all there is.  You are creating artificial separation (level of separation) by saying there are levels of embodiment...as if you could be other than the infinite/absolute in its entirety already.  You can not embody more of the infinite/absolute...you are the infinite/absolute in its entirety already.

Enlightened or not-enlightened...what does it matter to the absolute/infinity?  Absolute/infinity plays each part in the play...but neither distinction applies to absolute/infinity, which is beyond distinctions.

Edited by eputkonen

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

@The Blind Sage (Good name)

Shinzen Young was asked a question like this once. He has been enlightened for 30 years now and he said that for al those year it has been going deeper and deeper and to him it seems that there will never be an end to it, but he humbly admitted that he does not know.

But if enlightenment goes on deeper into noself forever, which i think it does, there is still the option of the death of the ego.

reality = 1

sense of self = y (the variable that is the outcome)

and presence = x (the variable that you can change)

If your presence is low, 1, your sense of self will be 1 aswell.

If your presence is high,1000,  your sense of self will be very low, but still there. 1/1000 = 0.001

If your presence is infinite your sense of self will approximate zero, which comes down to death of the self. 1/infinity = 0

But there is not one infinity. You can have one infinity larger than another infinity and just like that you can have one enlightened person going deeper then he used to go 10 years ago, but in both cases his sense of self goes to zero, dies. 

Also this going towards infinite presence doesn't go linear most of the time. it builds very slowly, imagine a curve from math building very slowly coming to a tipping point where it spikes up. This is the reason people have peak experiences, their presence spikes up after gradually building for a time. 

The approximation of zero is an important concept to understand here. I hope this answer helped you some.

14 hours ago, The Blind Sage said:

Context:

Yes, infinite, no end. Deep, bottomless. Personality is a construct made of groundless repetition which can be deconstructed, like all other “things” in the light of Awareness.

It makes people uncomfortable to express you don’t actually have a personality. Categorically, it’s in there with karma, suicide, God, etc. In the sense, if someone is asking about them, there’s an expression / answer given on their behalf which is not the Truth known by the one answering. 

Sadhguru is illusory. Confident he’d willfully say the same. To attempt to put his, or anyone’s being into perspective, you need to first see that of course, you are the only one who can be enlightened. 

“Oneness”, is quite literal. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

17 hours ago, The Blind Sage said:

Context:

What they said above, already you embody everything. Now is a matter of discovery of that in practice :) Are you brave enough?

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

12 hours ago, eputkonen said:

The infinite...the absolute...is all there is.  You are creating artificial separation (level of separation) by saying there are levels of embodiment...as if you could be other than the infinite/absolute in its entirety already.  You can not embody more of the infinite/absolute...you are the infinite/absolute in its entirety already.

Enlightened or not-enlightened...what does it matter to the absolute/infinity?  Absolute/infinity plays each part in the play...but neither distinction applies to absolute/infinity, which is beyond distinctions.

Its not that an artificial separation is created that one can't see past its just you are considering this question in terms of the absolute and not pragmatically.

By embodying the absolute it is meant to act and behave based on how consciously aware you are of the absolute.