CreamCat

The core infrastructure of personal development.

14 posts in this topic

• Constant self-sacrifice
    • Give up bad things, non-essential things, and good things to make room for the best
    • Constantly give up, and mourn for the loss.
    • Give up waiting for signs before you can do anything. Give up waiting for things to feel right.
    • Sacrifice bad habits.
  • Learn when to stop pushing yourself through direct experience in order to avoid ego backlashes.
  • Maintain a beginner's mindset by starting again over and over when you fail.
  • Remove temptations in your environment
  • Daily meditation habit
  • Strong morning routine
Edited by CreamCat

4 hours ago, CreamCat said:
  • Constant self-sacrifice
    • Give up bad things, non-essential things, and good things to make room for the best
    • Constantly give up, and mourn for the loss.
    • Give up waiting for signs before you can do anything. Give up waiting for things to feel right.
    • Sacrifice bad habits.

Are those things "self-sacrifice"? It seems like they are self-empowerment.

I think of self-sacrifice of sacrificing myself for others. For example, I don't want to become a priest, yet my community wants me to become a priest. So, I sacrifice myself and become a priest for the community.

8 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

Are those things "self-sacrifice"? It seems like they are self-empowerment.

I think of self-sacrifice of sacrificing myself for others. For example, I don't want to become a priest, yet my community wants me to become a priest. So, I sacrifice myself and become a priest for the community.

You can't empower yourself unless you sacrifice parts of yourself. To empower yourself, you need to change. To change yourself, you need to sacrifice a huge part of yourself.

If you want to become a hero, you need to build yourself up first.

Becoming a priest by itself is not going to help much if you are a weakly developed person. You don't want to become a priest. You want to become a hero.

Edited by CreamCat

@CreamCat  Gotcha. I wouldn’t call it self-sacrifice if the same person is benefiting. For example, if someone quits smoking to improve their health, is that self-sacrifice? I’d say no. Yet if a father worked over-time everyday for 20 years to put his kids through college, I would say that’s self sacrifice.

I’m kinda using SD as a framework. Blue and Green are the self sacrifice stages. Red and Orange are the self centered stages. 

55 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

I wouldn’t call it self-sacrifice if the same person is benefiting.

We use different meanings for the same word. Constant self-sacrifice is a simple word that captures the essence of personal development. The exact definition of sacrifice is inconsequential detail.

Edited by CreamCat

10 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

We use different meanings for the same word. Constant self-sacrifice is a simple word that captures the essence of personal development.

If you say so, so it is.

1 hour ago, CreamCat said:

You can't empower yourself unless you sacrifice parts of yourself. To empower yourself, you need to change. To change yourself, you need to sacrifice a huge part of yourself.

@Serotoninluv

Sacrifice, n. An act of slaughtering an animal or person or surrendering a possession as an offering to God or to a divine or supernatural figure.

At a really high level, perhaps this is the best word to describe it! I see it now, but I'm not sure if CreamCat meant it in that way. To change, part of you needs to die. The idea of you, your ego. And with true spiritual development, you let the old you die in order to get closer to your true nature, God. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

It’s all about what perspectives we take when looking at the context. Attachment/identification to an action that’s part of your sense of self. I don’t particularly like “sacrifice” as it often is confused with “suppressing” 

A man is praised for his dedication and joins the marines to serve his country/society and fight in a war. He claims he is willing to sacrifice himself for the “greater good” of his county/society. He is the hero of his people. 

A man is pressured by means of antagonism & ridicule to serve his county/society by going to fight in a war. He claims he is not willing to kill another because he honestly doesn’t see any distinction between him and other, his country and another. He isn’t fooled by the abstract line or border that divides the two apparent society’s.

He sees this as a worthy sacrifice. He is scorned by his people and is treated with disgust and contempt. He accepts this outcome as worth while doesn’t play the hero. 

?

Edited by Jack River