Wisebaxter

How can I Choose to Awaken if I Have No Free Will?

67 posts in this topic

@Wisebaxter

No work can be done to make the truth more obvious. 

The ‘work’ is in letting go.

Every single person calls every other person by many names.

Every single person refers to themself by the same name.

Illusion can only illude. 

The heart can only allude.

So follow your heart, no matter. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Wisebaxter thank YOU for starting such a wonderful discussion! It was so funny to me that I was about to start a similar post that same night until I saw yours. xD 

This issue sits at the very core of our being, and therefore it's extremely worthwhile to explore. And while a strong theoretical foundation is important, it can only get you so far. I think you know exactly what I mean, because I've been there too. Too many ideas cause conflicting information and confusion, your head starts hurting, and you get this intuitive sense (from your anxiety) that you may never reach a conclusion by more thinking. This all makes perfect sense when you zoom out, take a step back...

What are we really doing here? What is the nature of this question? Well, you are using the mind to question if you have free will to question anything at all. And when the evidence (your direct experience) starts pointing to the possibility of you not being in control of the questioning (there is no questioner), you get stuck in a strange loop of thought. Really try to visualize this, it's fascinating! This questioning through the mind points out that there is no mind, and yet you have to make sense of THAT realization so you keep going around in circles. It is the very question that defeats you, goes right to the core. Your head starts hurting. It is at this very moment that you can no longer make any more progress through the mind; your theoretical foundation stops serving you.

The answers you are looking for cannot really be put into words beyond this point. Maybe I'll be able to relate more insights to language as I progress, but right now it fails me.

Another point, staying stuck in the strange loop can be depressing and self-defeating. You are only able to actualize and see the beauty in these realizations through trans-rational states of consciousness. Move into being. Godspeed.  

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@Wisebaxter  I was confused also about the free will question. I knew I didn't have free will, but it confuses me that I felt that I was the one choosing and doing.

My take on that is that we can see it from two perspectives. From the perspective of the individual person, the person "thinks" he is the one choosing, when in fact it is reality who is doing it. But the mind at that moment is not conscious of it. The mind thinks he is the doer, and the body or brain who receive those thoughts thinks that too.

But it's not aware that those thoughts are there because of it's actual level of spirituality. It is needed for him to get those thoughts because otherwise it would be too much for the ego to handle. Pay attention that the I am is always there. You know you are.

You don't need to "think" that you are, but when the true I is there (and is always there, is presence) the ego-thought says "Oh, I am... it's me who exists"...

But it's not him, from the perspective of awareness nothing happens if he is not present.

Very hard to explain, because we can't wrap our mind on paradoxes. If we think things are in one way, they can't be in another different one.

And that's what awareness is, is the two sides of the coin at the same time.

I hope this helps, but It can be very confusing and words are not good to explain it.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@abrakamowse Cheers for that dude. You're right, it's pretty futile trying to use words to grasp this one. I've given up on trying now as it's kind of a distraction from doing consciousness work. The more actual work I do to develop being, the closer to the truth I feel I'm getting 

Edited by Wisebaxter

On 17/02/2019 at 2:20 AM, TheAvatarState said:

You are only able to actualize and see the beauty in these realizations through trans-rational states of consciousness. Move into being. Godspeed.  

@TheAvatarState Amen to that brother.