pluto8

Vaping

18 posts in this topic

Hello,

So quitting nicotine seems like a pretty big thing....

..I use a Juul to vape and I also do not use it that much soo, what is the big deal?

Not nearly as bad for health as smoke and I don't use very much....why quit?

@CreamCat I really don't know why people say "peace, love and smoke DMT", like why do you tell people to use one of the most potent psychedelic drugs.....its pretty dam potent.....

and here man?

oh, can LSD really be smoked lol?

Edited by pluto8

Psychedelics teach you a lot of things. So, they are worth the price. They are not addictive unlike nicotine.

I heard some psychedelics can be smoked.

If you want to smoke something, it better be psychedelics.

Edited by CreamCat

Make sure to keep an eye on your blood pressure.  I check my blood pressure and my weight and write down in a log first thing every morning.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

9 hours ago, pluto8 said:

How do you know? Because the manufacturer told you? This shit is probably even more destructive than regular cigarettes but we just don't have the long term data yet. Inhaling chemical substances every single day is anything but good for you. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Because you are addicted and because you are addicted you aren't getting the most bang for the buck from the substance. If you used nicotine once a week or every 10 days  then you wouldn't be subject to tolerance and dependence. You are vaping it is reaching the brain quickly and thus makes it more addictive. Try nicotine gum instead or if you really want to be optimal use appropriately dosed patches. Nicotine is the most powerful nootropic and it deactivates the default mode network like meditation.

http://www.gwern.net/Nicotine

20 hours ago, pluto8 said:

..I use a Juul to vape and I also do not use it that much soo, what is the big deal?

Don't lie to yourself. It's an unnecessary strain on your body, it's addictive, it raises your blood pressure, etc. The only reason you're trying to reason out of the truth is because you want to continue using it. That takes a lot of self-honesty to see that :P

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

I just don't really see why it's bad if I don't use it much.....

Is it?

less focus less on the health side of it though.....

43 minutes ago, pluto8 said:

I just don't really see why it's bad if I don't use it much.....

Is it?

less focus less on the health side of it though.....

If you use it no more than one time a week. But it is going to be hard because it is very addictive as it reaches the brain very fast. Try nicotine gum. Or patches. Make sure to split to smaller pieces as its typically dosed for smokers who have a large tolerance. I am also interested myself in seeing if people can only use nicotine one time a week.

Edited by Outer

On 2/15/2019 at 7:27 AM, Outer said:

Nicotine is the most powerful nootropic and it deactivates the default mode network like meditation.

Are you saying nicotine is an addictive psychedelic?

On 2/14/2019 at 8:36 PM, TheAvatarState said:

Don't lie to yourself. It's an unnecessary strain on your body, it's addictive, it raises your blood pressure, etc. The only reason you're trying to reason out of the truth is because you want to continue using it. That takes a lot of self-honesty to see that :P

LOL. The point of this post if to figure out the truth.....

On 2/15/2019 at 1:57 AM, Outer said:

If you use it no more than one time a week. But it is going to be hard because it is very addictive as it reaches the brain very fast. Try nicotine gum. Or patches. Make sure to split to smaller pieces as its typically dosed for smokers who have a large tolerance. I am also interested myself in seeing if people can only use nicotine one time a week.

Why only once per week?

@pluto8  I know people who went from regular cigarettes to vaping and became even more addicted. They are bullshitting you. It is better if you do it less often, but it is very hard to say when you should stop, when you are addicted to something. The best thing would just be to stop as soon as possible.

@pluto8 Yes, vaping is generally considered safer than smoking because there is no carbonization involved. While the amount of nicotine contained in a Juul cartridge is about the same as the amount contained in a 20-pack of cigarettes, or so they say, here's a few other things to consider when using a vape :

• Vaping is easier than smoking. Before you can smoke, you have to dress up, put your shoes, go outside, sometimes in bad weather, get yourself a cigarette, light it, then finally smoke it. If you use a vape, you only need to turn it on and vape it ; the gratification you get from the nicotine is obtained a lot faster. When it becomes too easy to get pleasure from something, you tend to get addicted really quick.
  • Vaping is still causing harm, we simply doesn't know the extent of it. Juul oil in particular contains a couple of volatile organic compounds, lots of flavouring chemicals, and every vape contains some amounts of formaldehyde, a cancer-causing substance that may form if e-liquid overheats or not enough liquid is reaching the heating element.
  • It cost a lot of money. Let's say you smoke one cartridge per week, at 30$ per cartridge that's about 1560$ in a year. If I gave you 1560$ right now, what would you like to do with it? Go on a trip, buy that nice computer upgrade, invest in a car, or buy some Juul?

Aside from that, one of the very first things you want to do when starting personal development is eliminating addictions. Everybody has addictions. In some people  they may be very apparent, in others not. Addictions really weight you down in your day to day life : you can't think clearly, there's always some part of you that's distracted and thinking about doing the activity you're addicted to. Battling an addiction is not an easy thing, I'm struggling with some right now.

If you're just starting to use nicotine, please take a moment to contemplate what you're getting into. Yes it might feel good right now, but try to picture yourself in four or five years, trying to quit but now being able to. You have the power right now, right in this very moment, to save yourself from a lot of anger and frustration, and helplessness and suffering that could happen later in your life.

I'm not saying you shouldn't take nicotine, you do whatever you want, but you doing this assignment would make happier than you think.

Edited by FredFred

Breathing in, I calm my body.

Breathing out, I smile.

12 hours ago, FredFred said:

Go on a trip

Leo the White approves xD 

@pluto8  If you like disease more than health, than you should smoke and vape a lot.