Wyze

Why moving from Orange to Green is so hard due to moral injury?

7 posts in this topic

The more morally corrupt methods you've used to achieve status in Orange, the harder it is to move into Green?

Is it because of the emotional damage a person did to others (and also to themselves) that it is harder for them to face in Green?

I am thinking along the lines of moral injury, and the effect of moral injury is that a person will not be able to face and embody emotions.

Edited by Wyze

You will have a decline in those methods as you transition. At least that is the experience with myself. However, you hit a point where you wonder how you can make more profits. But that's just another learning curve. 

moving from orange to green is so hard because you've been demonizing them your whole life. To admit that's where you should be going... that's tough.

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

I think its because society is at orange and hence your environment will draw you back down.

When society integrates and accepts green, it will be easier to transition.

I don't think that it's necessarily more difficult than any other transition.
Maneuvering out of blue's dogma with all of its systems that threatens to kill you if you step out has to be a lot of trouble.
Green is no different too. Once you've deconstructed success that orange is oriented towards and see its true nature (sheer stupidity and shortsightedness) - it is extremely difficult to find a new basis that is not susceptible to the same methods.

Spiral dynamics is a tricky thing to master, especially since you know up front that every single stage is wrong in some sense.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Try to transition in a way so that you are aware that this is the right thing. Really try and see all the disgusting and juvenile tactics of orange and how miserable it is under surface. And really cringy in some way. 

Though, keep the skills acquired from orange and thoroughly clean up all the excesses and coldness. Become a warm logician. Someone who uses their sense of cold truth to spread love. 

There is something called green masculinity. Green does not mean accepting the crazy philosophies with which you strawmaned their position. Transitioning means actually looking what the average mentality of a green person looks like and understanding where it is coming from. We don't want you to become one of the actual left extremist that you always cherrypick. Theres a reason you demonized those, they are the excesses of green, they are the egoic shadow of green. You don't have to become bigoted against your own gender. 

Green masculinity is still manly, just in a green way. Being in a room full of green people is awesome because there is no pressure to be a certain way. As a man you can finally cry. As a woman you can be dominant. And if it is justified, everyone will support you. 

You can finally round your masculinity with the things you were always suppressing. You can finally really love a women. Deep love. You finally understand her. 

Your criticisms of green can actually help you navigate away from its excesses. 

Edited by Robi Steel

I know you're tired but come. This is the way - Rumi

17 hours ago, Robi Steel said:

There is something called green masculinity. Green does not mean accepting the crazy philosophies with which you strawmaned their position.

I think I've picked up a lot of masculine Green recently although my Orange is still not fully developed. I've assimilated Red and Blue well.

I think I'll be ready to assimilate Yellow in a year or two.