Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
non_nothing

My first psychology therapy experience

13 posts in this topic

Hi, Id like to share you with whats the session was like and to ask your opinion about one thing at the end. Hopefully this will be a good insight to those of you who are curious about how a therapy is like .

The therapy went 45 minutes. We have begun with the question of what led me that I seeked out a therapy. I answered with that I had no specified purpose and continued to further describe what was going on inside my mind. The summary is that I told him that I had brain fog and no will to do anything. Then he asked to describe overall childhood and education years and university so on. I told him about as he asked the questions. The rest of questions was like this:

Do you have a dream repeating

Whats the last dream you remember

Do you remember any dream from your childhood

Do you want to tell about any event from your childhood

(he insisted on dreams because I cant really see dreams so)

Whats your family like

and at the end he concluded that I need a tlfurther investigation from a psychiatrist in order to recover my willpower and forgetting stuff.

I said thanks for his prescription and left there.

basically what my overall comment is that he always went silent when i stop talking. i sometimes felt awkward at the beginnings but slowly got used to it. then it became to a point like i felt like meditating with a friend. anyways i felt a bit disgussed about he told me that drugs might be further needed. because i am afraid of the fact that chemicals fuck up thr brain. i will check out leos natural brain supplements after posting this post.

what i would like you to share your idea about is i am a bit of irritated of the fact that i might neeed a drug therapy and the fact of millions brain fucked up with psycho drugs. i may reject the therapy and i think i will. what do you think? thanks

A therapist doesn't have much education about drugs usually. 

Take it as a recommendation to get a psychiatry checkup. However, it's really you & the psychiatrist who have to decide (preferably working together) if a drug would be helpful to you or not. 

Did you get a good feel overall from this therapist? Is he someone who could help you on your journey, or do you feel he was rather clueless? 

(You can't always tell after one session, however, sometimes you do know.)

25 minutes ago, Elisabeth said:

A therapist doesn't have much education about drugs usually. 

Take it as a recommendation to get a psychiatry checkup. However, it's really you & the psychiatrist who have to decide (preferably working together) if a drug would be helpful to you or not. 

Did you get a good feel overall from this therapist? Is he someone who could help you on your journey, or do you feel he was rather clueless? 

(You can't always tell after one session, however, sometimes you do know.)

I was quite suprised that he was honest about this. Later I realized that he told me "sometimes therapy is better when with a drug therapy" so he did not want to waste therapy sessions for my money I suppose ge may had an intention like this. Becasue i described i had no will to do anything in this liife and also about this thing were being not disturbing me at all but it is disturbing and this a paradox.

Edited by non_nothing

I would reject the drug therapy.

Question. Did your therapist look happy to you? Usually these therapist are depressed and upside down. They try to help people but they can't even help themselfs.

7 hours ago, Salvijus said:

Question. Did your therapist look happy to you? Usually these therapist are depressed and upside down. They try to help people but they can't even help themselfs.

Did my therapist look happy to me? No, neutral. Actually I'd say we would be meditating forever If I did not disturb the silence. But that does not mean that he just sits there and does nothing. But yeah. The another thing impressed me was he had no personal comments on anything that I said. Like "HIS" idea or something. Never, none. I even once or twice tried to trick him, one was asked about what he was thinking about Freud when I saw a picture of him, "what's your idea about Freud" he said "this therapy is about you not me".

Well,

They try to help people but they can't even help themselfs.

I can't say anything about this really since it's just the first 45 minutes of first session. But overall he was quite, quiet person. I told him about I did started meditations last year everyday and he said he did not know much about meditations and asked me to whether would I like to tell him more about it. This was quite strange though, I smell the realization of the therapy at that moment, understood what he's trying to do sort of. What was strange is that I felt he might know and wouldn't want to add personal comments, rather like me to explain him what's that mean for me.

Good job for going to a therapy session.

There’s a lot of demonization of medication for psychiatric purposes (especially in “spiritual” circles), but sometimes it’s necessary.

If you had a really bad headache, would take aspirin, or wait until it passes “naturally”? The same goes for depression. There’s a lot of unecessary pain that can be softened through medication.

Meds are not a magic pill nor are they free of side-effects, but they can help you.

Best of luck ?

Edited by Gabriel Antonio

11 hours ago, non_nothing said:

i am a bit of irritated of the fact that i might neeed a drug therapy and the fact of millions brain fucked up with psycho drugs. 

Likewise, millions of brains got “fucked up” by rejecting  treatment. You see, the chemistry in your brain is probably already fucked up... And it will likely only get worse with time. The sooner you start the treatment, the better the results.

It’s up to you if you want to keep listening to your ego that says “I won’t use medication!! Let me go to the natural route.” 

That being said, ayahuasca can really help with depression, depending on your case.

Edited by Gabriel Antonio

14 hours ago, Salvijus said:

Way to project. Ive met real happy therapists.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

10 hours ago, Rilles said:

Way to project. Ive met real happy therapists.

I met some happy ones also. But i don't think a smart person would chose to become a therapist. There're much more effective ways to heal yourself and to help others. Honestly becoming a therapist is a dumb choice made by dumb people. That's why I don't like them :D

And just because I saw them and I live among them all my life. My mom is a masters degree psychologist and now she's studying to be a therapist. I will say they are dumb people. They only have book knowledge but their consciousness level is like an avarage person. They spend 7years in university and they don't improve even 1 speck. Only full of information and techneques. How to stay neutral. How to ask questions etc. Horrible..... Horrible people...... Some are good tho. But haven't met such a one :D

for me a good therapist would be someone who maditates and has insane levels of consciousness. But such a therapist would be not a therapist but he would be a spiritual master :D that's why i say. Only dumb low consciousness people choose to be therapist. Smart ones become meditators.

I've been to a therapist myself. Basicly they are no different then any person on the a street. Only difference is they have the knowledge about human psychology, know how to ask questions and what drugs to prescribe nothing else. Their logic is horrible, their advises are horrible, their level of consciousness is zero. they have many problems in their life and they themselfs are unhappy. 

@Salvijus They basically serve the purpose of assisted self inquiry. Effective tool and you don't need to be highly conscious to start doing this or helping people do it.

9 hours ago, Shadowraix said:

@Salvijus They basically serve the purpose of assisted self inquiry. Effective tool and you don't need to be highly conscious to start doing this or helping people do it.

That's true. I agree with this.

On 2/7/2019 at 2:17 PM, non_nothing said:

what i would like you to share your idea about is i am a bit of irritated of the fact that i might neeed a drug therapy and the fact of millions brain fucked up with psycho drugs. i may reject the therapy and i think i will. what do you think? thanks

That’s a non_nothing sized decision, ... sending love & clarity.

I think a good question for the therapist, is how important is honesty?......

Why did he / she choose to help people? (They were in your shoes)

Was it just prescriptions that helped them? Which ones are they on now? 

Did anything else help them?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 2/9/2019 at 5:58 PM, Nahm said:

That’s a non_nothing sized decision, ... sending love & clarity.

I think a good question for the therapist, is how important is honesty?......

Why did he / she choose to help people? (They were in your shoes)

Was it just prescriptions that helped them? Which ones are they on now? 

Did anything else help them?

Thanks for your precious comment.

Apart, This is just yet another a video that I have faced today on my YouTube feed: