JayG84

Don't want to play the game anymore

27 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, JayG84 said:

@Leo Gura Do you think it's healthy to think of ego as a director of a movie called "Life" and that he can make this movie whatever he wants it to be? He can choose to make a bad movie or good movie depending on the setting, characters, the story he creates, and the meaning he assigns to things within the story? Maybe a good director could represent a healthy ego.

I seem to be under the impression that, to awaken, means that I should take a sledgehammer to the whole production, fire the crew, and shoot the director in the head. But maybe realizing that the whole thing is fantasy, and being the creator of that fantasy can bring you joy, is the whole key to this?  

Do you realize this is all a fantasy on some level and you can create what you enjoy?  If so then do it.  If not, then look into what some of these people are saying.  The biggest comment I've seen shared by a number of people and have found a great deal of freedom in myself is that how your feeling and seeing meaninglessness is actually just another form of meaning your applying.  your negatively feeling and seeing this notion of of illusion as a negative empty, rather then a positive empty.

Edited by Mu_

You can't not play the game you don't know you're playing on yourself .

:)

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

22 hours ago, JayG84 said:

How do you find meaning, when all meaning can be deconstructed?

You don't find meaning out there, you create it. Watch Leo's video "understanding meaning"

How do you build a life when everything you engage with in society is "chimpery".

The life you want will look quite different from the "chimpery."

It doesn't make me want to live life to the fullest, it makes me want to disconnect from all of it.

You don't know what the fullest life means or entails yet, so be careful not to judge it! Notice that what you're judging is a concept in your mind of what you think it is, and those mental images are highly biased in a negative way to suite your current egoic desires. You don't want this to be true, because that would mean the death of your ego... you're still grasping for your old ways, anything that can bring you comfort, so be careful...

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@JayG84

Children playing and building sandcastles on the beach. They aren't doing that because they see meaning in it or some goal at the end of the day (e.g. a built sandcastle). The're doing it for the simple joy of it.

Look at your cat or dog if you have one. Does he see meaning / meaninglessness? Probably not. Yet he is able to lavish you with love and play. He is able to just sit in the park, chill and enjoy a beautiful day.

On 03/02/2019 at 5:29 AM, Leo Gura said:

These are classic signs of waking up. 

Is lack of vitality a sign of awakening?

You’re are not going to wake up without facing nihilism head-on.

That’s a heavily masculine approach. 

There are more gentle ways of waking up...

Edited by Gabriel Antonio

7 hours ago, PetarKa said:

@JayG84

Children playing and building sandcastles on the beach. They aren't doing that because they see meaning in it or some goal at the end of the day (e.g. a built sandcastle). The're doing it for the simple joy of it.

Look at your cat or dog if you have one. Does he see meaning / meaninglessness? Probably not. Yet he is able to lavish you with love and play. He is able to just sit in the park, chill and enjoy a beautiful day.

Yes, but it's stupid, so that doesn't count !

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them