Eric Tarpall

Anyone here has experience with dry fasting for 23 hours?

8 posts in this topic

I'm going to do this today but I'm not sure if it's safe. My plan is to do this every day for the rest of my life. IF it feels good. I think this might be one of the best diets that exists not just for health but also for productivity. Because I won't be distracted by food and drinks all day.

Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall

it is like 1 meal per day, well, don't be so hard on you, you can start with 2 meals (breakfast + lunch) and if it is works without negative effects then  try 1 and then maybe nothing :)  

I tried 36 and 48 hours dry fasts, was feeling good after that. But I started with the whole day of water fast and ended with water and juice. The light meal after that was still feeling too heavy on my body, so there is nothing on earth that will make me want to do it every day. However, it depends on your goals and the stage of spiritual development you are in right now. It's almost impossible to develop spirituality without change in diet. The key is that your body will ask for that, not you will force it. I heard about people that don't eat material food at all for few years and feeling healthy, so everything is possible. Will it work for everyone? - absolutely NO!

I used to fast days in a row during decades. Not anymore, not ever. 

The body enters ketosis, meaning it cannibalizes itself, so one feel good because of the saturated fat that is converted in fuel. 

Best way is to fuel yourself properly. And yeah, veganism is medicine and a fasting/cleanse diet, not reliable in the long run. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

ive done 96 hours dry before, no issue. also intermittent dry fasting consistently like youre suggesting. The thing with fasting is that it is intuitive, dont try to be rigid and dry fast every single day, you will feel it out and know what your body wants, always listen to your body, but it is indeed a good practice. dry fasting will increase the autophagy and anti-inflammatory effects of a water fast to be certain.

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell

After eight hours of having the last meal, the body enters into the fasting state as it takes that much time period to complete digestion and absorbs all the nutrients. At this time period, the body uses carbohydrates stores as its energy resource.

After overnight fasting, the body will use up mostly liver glycogen stores. After fasting 23 hours, 50 percent of muscle glycogen was reduced. In prolonged fasting, the body starts to break down muscles to use protein for energy.

i think even doing 15h dry fast u get good benefits that is maybe double as doing 24h water fasts :)

Please don't do this every day for the rest of your life, fasting is amazing but overdoing it is also unhelpful. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi