SoonHei

Ego Traps are unavoidable - AND THAT IS OKAY!

26 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

who! Who! Who!!!!!!! 

The seeker is the illusion 

No.  See you got that backwards.  The seeker is you seeking.  And there's nothing wrong with that, that's how it works.  The Ego seeks to better it's own life and to preserve things that it cares about -- like peace of mind.  Ego is not an illusion, it's the only constant fact of life.  Sure, there are some things you can do about that, but most people go way off the deep-end in their Metaphysics about how this No Ego offset to Ego works in real life.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

19 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

No.  See you got that backwards.  The seeker is you seeking.  And there's nothing wrong with that, that's how it works.  The Ego seeks to better it's own life and to preserve things that it cares about -- like peace of mind.  Ego is not an illusion, it's the only constant fact of life.  Sure, there are some things you can do about that, but most people go way off the deep-end in their Metaphysics about how this No Ego offset to Ego works in real life.  

What am I seeking dude? 

The inner division is the illusion, do you see this? It’s what causes fear pain ego suffering etc 

I'm not entirely sure I agree with the whole non-do-er-ship either. It seems like a dangerous path towards nihilism. If everything is mapped out for me exactly, and I have no actual choices, then I should just do nothing (which wouldn't be a choice either) but doing nothing won't allow me to help others (bodhiccitha).

There is also some strong evidence that points that pure self realization is not what we call enlightenment either.

The Pali canon traditionally describes cutting through the fetters in four stages:

one cuts the first three fetters (Pali: tīṇi saŋyojanāni) to be a "stream enterer" (sotapanna);
    one cuts the first three fetters and significantly weakens the next two fetters to be a "once returner" (sakadagami);
    one cuts the first five fetters (orambhāgiyāni samyojanāni) to be a "non-returner" (anagami);
    one cuts all ten fetters to be an arahant.[35]

Pure self realization is only the first fetter.

The ego and the mind is the deceiver. Realize this, this is literally the case. When you become the aware witness, it can no longer dominate you. The Self/God cannot be touched by it. The mind creates seperation from the Self, but once the Self awakens from ''me'' and the mind, it can no longer dominate you. The Self will dominate it, if not annihilate it. No one is in control, the Self will take control over you/ego, the person illusion, and the mind. Surrender totally to the Real, surrender everything to the Real.