MsNobody

Dimethyltryptamine

6 posts in this topic

So in the end of DMT spirit molecule Rick Strassman concludes that our pineal gland produces the exact amount of dmt for us to be in this reality we are right now, and when we have a DMT trip we go to other realities, he said it’s like a fuel for being in this reality and the brain go out of its way to use the substance when we ingest, smoke, inject etc, he says it’s produced while we are sleeping, it makes so much sense, a human being dies easily if it’s deprived of sleeping, it was very mind blowing to read that, I also think if DMT does that what would 5meo be considered? 

I saw on Facebook that Martin ball is having severe insomnia, I wonder if it could be related to the amount of 5meo he had taken in the past 

I wish Martin Ball, Rick Strassman and James Oroc (author of tryptamine palace) had a conversation about the tryptamines, a podcast would the three of them would be amazing

not better than Leo with Joe Rogan.. but still would be great

has someone read the books and was intrigued too? 

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

33 minutes ago, MsNobody said:

I saw on Facebook that Martin ball is having severe insomnia, I wonder if it could be related to the amount of 5meo he had taken in the past 

OMG I wanted to bring this up as i started reading :) i've been following his posts too. It was very surprising and sad to see but his first post about it was so very deep, almost brought me to tears 

It's crazy how severe his insomnia has been...he did say it was something he's always struggled with so not sure about how it might correlate with his trips

Edited by DrewNows

20 hours ago, MsNobody said:

Rick Strassman concludes that our pineal gland produces the exact amount of dmt

I would like to highlight that it's only a personal conclusion, not a proven fact. As now, we don't know yet if the human body produces DMT purposefully at all. 

Here's a quote from Strassman himself:

I did my best in the DMT book to differentiate between what is known, and what I was conjecturing about (based upon what is known), regarding certain aspects of DMT dynamics. However, it’s amazing how ineffective my efforts seem to have been. So many people write me, or write elsewhere, about DMT, and the pineal, assuming that the things I conjecture about are true. When I was writing the book, I thought I was clear enough, and repeating myself would have gotten tedious.

We don’t know whether DMT is made in the pineal. I muster a lot of circumstantial evidence supporting a reason to look long and hard at the pineal, but we do not yet know. There are data suggesting urinary DMT rises in psychotic patients when their psychosis is worse. However, we don’t know whether DMT rises during dreams, meditation, near-death, death, birth or any other endogenous altered state.

Taken from: https://erowid.org/chemicals/dmt/dmt_article2.shtml

Edited by Girzo

Yeah, take that pineal gland talk with a grain of salt. We need a lot more research, and ultimately the brain explanations of consciousness are deeply misguided.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I duno but DMT freaks me the balls out. I like to retain a certain sense of direction when im tripping i hate confusion like this. I believe there are different levels of confusion...i dont mind understanding that im confused.....but its when i FORGET that im being confused and i forget that i've forgotten and im just floating having no idea what the fuck is going on. I know this is exactly WHY psychedelics are effective...but the way i see it, im gona wait, do DMT a couple more times, do shrooms and LSD a pile more times and then hit up the big boy 5-Methoxy-Dimethyltryptamine. but yeah, i think i like my egoic *foundation* in reality more than i realise. I guess i've been fine with having some crazy shit happen within reality for me...but its different when reality itself is whats fucked with. Im gona need to get used to it :/ theres no way im not taking advantage of something as powerful (or so i've heard) as 5meodmt

A lot of the 3rd eye pineal gland stuff I think comes from Descartes dualism. All these fancy names, can't make heads or tails of it. Isn't there any leaked military data like, when they drugged the water supply in France, MKULTRA project.