Tom T

How Would A Cave Man Or Women Meditator Eating

6 posts in this topic

Iv Been thinking that if I don’t become enlightened within the next 5 years then I may go live in a Spanish cave somewhere and just meditate 24.7 for like 3 to 5 or 10 years or so. I would just meditate at home but a cave is rent free so I’d rather do that. Im just wondering has anyone else also thought about this and if so have you given any thought as to how or what you would eat as I doubt there would be any shops close by and I wouldn’t want to hunt. I know @Leo Gura has mentioned this many times, Leo or anyone else who has thought about this, have you thought about how you’d eat in this cave you speak of?  If so lemme know :)  

Edited by Tom T
Wanted to change the title

@Tom T I’ve thought about doing that in the past. Just living in a zen temple in the mountains and meditating all day long sounds quite romantic. 

But then again, what is wrong with your present reality. And I mean right here now, are there any problems. If not, then you are already in your perfect zen temple right now. You’re just not aware of it.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@Tom T what could you possibly gain in a cave that you couldn't gain sitting at home in comfort? 

You'll also find that the more you "need" enlightenment, the more you attach meaning to it, and therefore block yourself from being. I know it's counter-intuitive, but you honestly should have expected that by watching Leo's videos. Any "need" you feel for another state of being is egoic and counter-productive. 

Let's say you don't become enlightened in a few years, then go live in a cave. After 10 years, you become enlightened. Now what?? Life is all peachy now? Your realization at the moment of enlightenment would be that you just spent 10 years learning to live by not living, and that you could have done this just as effectively while living your old life. 

I'd suggest that you learn what enlightenment actually is before you get the bright idea to chase it. You'll be surprised to learn that enlightenment is not like any other goal you've had, or like any you could imagine...

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

You'd have to live in a cave that is close enough to civilization so you could make a trip every so often to buy food. Unless you want to live like a hunter-gatherer. Which wouldn't be easy. But sounds great, good luck with that!

Where ever you go, you will take your mind with you. If it's causing you problems here, it will continue there. Do it (whatever that is for you- self inquiry, meditation,  etc), right here, right now.

Ppl like Ramana were already awakened/ Self realized when he went to the cave to assimilate the Self-knowledge and let any remaining binding desires/fears melt away. But, this is not the path for everyone. 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Thankyou very much everybody for the reply’s. I actually accidently made 2 posts of this I was only supposed to make one. But. I’m glad I made two now aha. @How to be wise it’s not that there is anything particularly wrong with my environment at home. The only problem is that I’m to distracted with my career, relationships, learning and many other stuff to the point where it’s impossible to be mindful of the absolute 24.7 it just feels impossible. And @TheAvatarState I could just sit and hike in comfort for a few years but the only issie is I couldnt afford to just sit on the sofa before 3 to 10 years and not work. I can’t afford to just not work and sit on the sofa lol so the cave seems ideal. And yes I do see the wisdom in what your saying how the more I need enlightenment the More I block my self off from being that’s a pretty useful insight. But at the  same time if I didn’t want or need enlightenment then why would I care about being? But I do see your point tho I am actualy going to take that with me somehow and try to reconcile that with my desire for enlightenment somehow thankyou !!! And yes that is the idea lol. Well the plan is to build really build up my conceptual understanding of reality even deeper over the next 5 years while doing enlightenment work and stuff and then if I’m not enlightened by 5 years then go live solo and mediate for a long long long time until I become enlightened. And then becuase I will be enlightened as hell and also have a mega deep holistic conceptual understanding of reality to then I think I’d be a sage. So yes @TheAvatarState I think life would be pretty preachy by that point. I dunno what I’d do afterwards. I’d have money saved so I could just chill for quite a while until I decide what to do afterwards. And also @TheAvatarState iv had a lot of 5 meo dmt so I think I know what enlightenment is and lastly @Anna1 you are right but it’s more about distractions than my own mind. Like if I’m not doing anything and just sitting on the couch I can zen out but I have many life distractions that stop me from being. Mindful 24.7. That’s the issues. 

But thankyou for all your responses guys !! Mega appreciates it !!! Sending you all Massive love !!! ??? !!! Xxxx