Preetom

What is preventing you from taking the leap?

45 posts in this topic

My question is to those who have access to 5-meo-dmt aka powder consciousness.

What's preventing you from plugging it day after day, week after week until you literally 'forget' the experience of duality and become enlightened like the way Martin Ball did? It shouldn't take more than few weeks/months.

I'm asking this because I don't have access to any psychedelic.

Reading all the magical trip reports, it makes me wonder how anyone can 'endure' coming back to petty, constricted human consciousness after experiencing all that. There would be a nagging desperation to reclaim that magical state permanently.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

You say you don't have access to them, but what are the imaginery excuses ? ?

Mine are a: I «feel» I should do this without it, and B: I don't have the money for it.

Both lies ?

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Just now, Shin said:

You say you don't have access to them, but what is the imaginery excuses ? ?

Mine are a: I «feel» I should do this without it, and B: I don't have the money for it.

Both lies ?

Geographical limitations lol

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

10 minutes ago, Shin said:

Mine are a: I «feel» I should do this without it,  B: I don't have the money for it.

C: I fear that I might lose interest in dank memes ;)

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

13 minutes ago, Preetom said:

Geographical limitations lol

Internet shopping ? 

Taking vacation at someone who have some ?

Sure there is other options :) 

God is love

And God in them

@Preetom Breakthrough experiences can be really intense and can be difficult to integrate. It’s been over a month since my last 5-meo breakthrough and I still haven’t felt a desire to return. 

As well, your ideas suggest a goal: “to forget the experience of duality  and become enlightened”. For me, I reached a point where that self-seeking energy began to dissolve and was replaced by a universal seeking energy. If the universal consciousness wants to have a breakout 5-meo experience through my mind-body, it will. If not, it won’t.

As well, we are learning through science that 5-meo stimulates neuronal plasticity, allowing rewiring of the brain. Ime, this can be a good thing, yet it is a powerful tool I have a lot of respect for and want to use it responsibly are with care.

With that said, my baseline state of consciousness can regress. I can maintain it through practices like kriya yoga, meditation or a small amount of 5-meo for a little boost back up.

5 minutes ago, Shin said:

Internet shopping ? 

Taking vacation at someone who have some ?

Sure there is other options :) 

the more I look, the more the term enlightenment makes less and less sense :ph34r:

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

6 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Preetom Breakthrough experiences are really intense and can be difficult to integrate. It’s been over a month since my last 5-meo breakthrough and I still haven’t felt a desire to return.

So this whole enlightenment business runs on pure desire after all.

No wonder Shankara considered the intense desire for liberation as one of the 4 prerequisites of the seeker.

I heard Michael James saying that getting enlightened through self-inquiry is supposed to be the easiest task of all, because we are already the Self. The only thing preventing us is that we don't really want it. Our attachment to 'things' outweighs the desire for liberation by 10000000000000000000000000X.  Such a bitter pill to swallow..

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

you know im really confused here, if everything is empty. then what are we trying to do here loooool! what does it even mean to become an enlightened being by taking psychadelics and or other method. like im actually so lost right now.

1 minute ago, Aakash said:

you know im really confused here, if everything is empty. then what are we trying to do here loooool! what does it even mean to become an enlightened being by taking psychadelics and or other method. like im actually so lost right now.

You need to get this with every fiber of your being, not with just the intellect. That itself would be enlightenment.

Only getting it with intellect makes one more confused, bum out and nihilistic about life. 

Have some trust and keep inquiring into the one that is confused 9_9

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

okay maybe i phrased it wrong lool! i should have said what is enlightenment? like what does it mean to be an enlightened being? its like theres was literally no such thing as enlightenment at all like it was just a word someone made up to find buddah nature

5 minutes ago, Aakash said:

okay maybe i phrased it wrong lool! i should have said what is enlightenment? like what does it mean to be an enlightened being? its like theres was literally no such thing as enlightenment at all like it was just a word someone made up to find buddah nature

There is only one way to know.

Everything else is just a story :) 

God is love

And God in them

1 minute ago, Aakash said:

If you are honestly content and satisfied in life, please forget all this jargon.

If not, then only enlightenment can solve that root issue. Enlightenment is very real in the sense that it is deeply linked with our very thrust for living life and getting unmixed, unlimited happiness which is really all we want whether we know/acknowledge it or not.

Enlightenment is the cessation of that primal wound we humans are afflicted with. No amount of jargon war would legitimately satisfy that need.

I highly recommend this book, a must read for anyone pursuing enlightenment. Hope it clarifies your doubts and shows you what's next :) 
http://www.happinessofbeing.com/The_Path_of_Sri_Ramana_Part_One.pdf

Thanks a lot @who chit for discovering this gem :x

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

8 minutes ago, Preetom said:

primal wound

what is the primal wound? 

29 minutes ago, Preetom said:

So this whole enlightenment business runs on pure desire after all.

There is egoic desire and universal Desire. There is a desire from reality to discover and experience itself. This is beyond egoic desire. The ego can only surrender, so far. Then truth may arise from grace. Or maybe not. I’ve surrendered all control at that point.

3 minutes ago, Aakash said:

what is the primal wound? 

1) The constant sense of lack and the subsequent search for happiness/release

2) Fear of disappearance/death

These 2 are actually two sides of the same movement.

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

1 hour ago, Preetom said:

My question is to those who have access to 5-meo-dmt aka powder consciousness.

What's preventing you from plugging it day after day, week after week until you literally 'forget' the experience of duality and become enlightened like the way Martin Ball did? It shouldn't take more than few weeks/months.

I'm asking this because I don't have access to any psychedelic.

Reading all the magical trip reports, it makes me wonder how anyone can 'endure' coming back to petty, constricted human consciousness after experiencing all that. There would be a nagging desperation to reclaim that magical state permanently.

Being is not a state.  Doing psychedelics can help you find being, but being is always there and always accessible -- even when you're sober.  You might need to meditate to shrink the Ego down to fully appreciate being -- but you can appreciate being at any time.  Thinking being corresponds to a psychedelic state can lead a person to chase like you're describing.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

2 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Being is not a state.

Isn’t Being a state between Colorado and Utah? ? 

2 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Isn’t Being a state between Colorado and Utah? ? 

Being is definitely in California haha.

Edited by Joseph Maynor