Preetom

What is preventing you from taking the leap?

45 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Arhattobe said:

@Serotoninluv no. My point was merely that reducing something to a relative truth and saying that, that’s your relative truth and this is mine is the same as being closed off to anything outside of your view point/experiences.

It is a closed minded cop out.

I understand that.

What I’m saying is that it is inaccurate and misleading to extrapolate a relative truth into an objective universal truth.

I have acknowledged your relative direct experience. Rather than dismissing it as “just your relative truth”, I have accepted it as being as true as my own direct experience. They both are true and both have value. However, it would be inaccurate and misleading to suggest either of our direct experience is objective universal truth. 

Part of my laboratory research is developing psychoplastogens, including 5-meo, as therapeutic medicine. I am very interested in those that experience adverse effects. That is extremely important in forming criteria for which patients are good candidates for psychedelics, and which psychedelic might be most beneficial. As well, I am collaborating with a team of bochemists to modify psychedelics to reduce adverse effects. We are aware there are relative adverse effects and take it seriously. 

@Serotoninluv Cool. Judging from my sample size. Unless you have a mental disorder or tendencies you should be fine if you are just engaging in a little experimentation. 

however, when copious amounts are used in a short time span. Psychedelics will damage your nervous system. 

Your body learns to adjust to everything and you might not notice it but this is true. 

Just as smoking cigarettes or any sort of extreme change to your physiology will have adverse affects on your nervous system.

I wasn’t saying 5 meo is always bad for everyone btw. All things have their place in existence. 

@Arhattobe Thank you. One thing I like about your perspective is that you are in tune with energetic systems and how psychedelics can adversely effect them. I have experienced some adverse effects in this area as well. 

Unfortunately, science has not caught up with immaterial energetic systems and often dismiss it as “woo woo”. Most scientists want to reduce everything down physical molecules which limits the ability to investigate the inter-connectivity between immaterial energy and material molecules.

As well, I think a lot of people are immature and irresponsible with psychedelic use and can get bit in the ass. Clinical psychedelic therapy studies have involved patients that already had extensive psychotherapy, the psychedelics were given in a calm supportive setting and the patients continued psychotherapy to help integrate the lessons. That type of environment is totally different than someone buying psychedelics  online or from a dealer to treat their depression on their own.

You also mentioned “too much too soon”, which is an important variable. Patients in the studies only used moderate doses, only had a few sessions and were given time between sessions to integrate with their psycologist. Most armchair psychedelic users don’t have this type of support system and should be particularly careful in designing their own psychedelic plan.