theking00

Can you live without an ego ?

26 posts in this topic

@theking00

What do you mean exactly by the word "ego"?

What does it point to?

I think that's a better starting point.

It's twisted and paradoxical, because it exists and doesn't at the same time.

Also, it's alive and dead at the same time.

So, what's the thing that can live at all? What is life? What is death? What is you?

I think that every answer would be just speculation.

4 minutes ago, FreeThoughtFlow said:

All living organisms have an ego. The will to live is the foundation of every ego. Dont believe me? Just observ your ego when you think youre dying

Along those words it seems like you are saying that also a turtle and a flower has an ego since it has a "will" to live? not sure a will to live = Ego. A will to live is an aspect of the ego since its reality and reality seemings "wants" to live/exist.
Also I was semiclose to physically death and what happened was that my ego went away and I became like a machine and slowly and methodically did everything "I" needed to do to survive. My ego was freaking out and Im glad it didnt lead :)

47 minutes ago, luckieluuke said:

Along those words it seems like you are saying that also a turtle and a flower has an ego since it has a "will" to live? not sure a will to live = Ego. A will to live is an aspect of the ego since its reality and reality seemings "wants" to live/exist.
Also I was semiclose to physically death and what happened was that my ego went away and I became like a machine and slowly and methodically did everything "I" needed to do to survive. My ego was freaking out and Im glad it didnt lead :)

The ego can be a very abstract thing. Any behavior attributed as a sense of self importance is usually assigned to the ego.

Identifying egoic behaviors here is more about correcting ones that inhibit you.

Can you live without a thought of an elephant in your mind?

You can. And you cannot.

There is no need to avoid anything. Everything is to be realized merely.

Nothing changes when you don't think of an elephant in a red dress.

Everything still is.

11 hours ago, theking00 said:

What is the best way to get rid off the ego ? 

@theking00 There's a new product on the market called "Egoaway". You take it whenever you feel an attack of ego coming on. I think I may need to take some now.xD

Can we use thought when and where is it necessary?

To act on behalf of ones knowledge/experience for technological/functional/practical purposes..

But psychologically does knowledge/experience have a place? 

To me ego is the reactionary/resistant and compulsive movement of thought habitually/mechanically transcending it’s own limit. Acting out of confusion/conflict/duality. 

Edited by Jack River