ZenDog

4 Week Peter Ralston Retreat

23 posts in this topic

http://www.chenghsin.com/workshop-fall-series.html

Peter Ralston has a 4 week retreat this fall. It conists of 4 different workshops:

Week 1

Experiencing the Nature of Being

Week 2

Pursuing Consciousness through Transformation

Week 3

Consciousness Training Camp

Final Week

Contemplation Intensive

It's 4000 USD for the 4 weeks. I have enough money for it and I'm highly considering it.

Has anyone here worked with Ralston before, is he the real deal? @Leo Gura you have been to some of his workshops right?

What does one get from consciousness? Seems like an egoic thing to chase enlightenment, why not senselessly give to others?

Edited by JevinR

@JevinR Doing anything at all is egoic because it's the ego that is doing. Even if you were "senselessly giving to others", it would still be egoic. It's the ego that asks "what does one get from consciousness?", and it's the ego that replies to the question. 

Seems you open up threads like this every few days. If you feel drawn to do it, do it. If not, don't.

Everyone has his own path. For example if I were to spend 4000€ I probably would go to 2x 2 week retreats of Isaac Shapiro, his intensives, 1 retreat of Adyashanti. And maybe there would even be a couple of bucks left to visit some talks of Karl Renz in Berlin in may.

I'd personally use that money to go to business/marketing related workshops etc. learn to take that money and flip it. I know it's off topic but I think that's something to do right now at this moment. Just my opinion. 

If I was in a good position with that type of money I wouldn't even second guess it.

Memento Mori

Why is it so expensive, is money that important to him? 

To do, or not to do, that is the question lol :D

Whatever you do, never expect to get anything out of anything you do. Before you invest that 4k I'd ask myself if im willing to piss 4k away and do so with a smile on my face. If 4k is a very big investment for you and you feel you really NEED to get something out of it I would not invest the 4k in a meditation retreat. That feeling of need is seriously going to hinder your progress.

Or maybe you are rich and have money to burn, then go for it dude.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

10 hours ago, ZenDog said:

http://www.chenghsin.com/workshop-fall-series.html

Peter Ralston has a 4 week retreat this fall. It conists of 4 different workshops:

Week 1

Experiencing the Nature of Being

Week 2

Pursuing Consciousness through Transformation

Week 3

Consciousness Training Camp

Final Week

Contemplation Intensive

It's 4000 USD for the 4 weeks. I have enough money for it and I'm highly considering it.

Has anyone here worked with Ralston before, is he the real deal? @Leo Gura you have been to some of his workshops right?

I guess i should have started a retreat long ago, 4 grand to point people to the only real part of themselves, but i understand that most people have to be led in circles and often for their entire life, to try to find something that they already are.  You are what you are seeking, it just needs to be experienced from consciousness rather than the identity.

@Toby Yea, cus I don't really know which teachers are good and how to go about paying for teachers. Cool one is in Berlin? I live here atm so that would be great. Isac has one in Netherlands for 1200 eur for 2 weeks, think I might give that a shot!

@Argue hmm.. I'm actually trying to make a decision on wether to use the money for money related education, so that I might have more in the future. There are so many teachers I wanna see in all areas of life but I cant afford shit :S

@vizual unfortunately thats exactly the situation :/ lol.. it is a very big investment, im not close to wealthy atm.

Edited by ZenDog

@ZenDog good to hear. Seems like you know what you want. Your desires are strong, that's good. Leo says making investments towards retreats, conferences, or seminars, etc is extremely beneficial. Attend one that resonates with your agenda the most. You'll learn knowledge and ascend to a much more valued person. Stay cool! :D 

You don't need seminars, just meditate all day all night like a yogi. 

You can use this to get into the highest forms of enlightenment, and you can even do zen chair sits hours on ends 

And then you can do what I do all day, which is simply to do nothing, to just sit and be. Also when I was at work before I got laid off, I was a survey technician assistant, and all I did was hold a stick thing in one place. The point being that I would just go place to place with holding this stick to get land dimensions, and when I was holding the stick I would breathe in through my nose and out through my mouth, I think it's a form of vispassana, or concentration on the breathe.

Really, the urge to just sit and be is all you need. I felt this urge when I woke up, that everything is essentially bullshit, and that I don't need anything, only thing holding me back is im in a family, otherwise yogi life, fuck it 

@ZenDog that guy Karl Renz has meetings (in german) from friday-monday in the middle of may.  He is highly respected - worldwide, his teaching style is best compared to Nisargadatta, UG Krishnamurti & Ramana. There are about three talks each day, you can visit any talk, whatever you like, you don't have to apply for it before. Each talk is about 12€ afaik. So if you have time (and not go to either 1 or 2 week on retreat with Isaac, because it's about the same time) it might be a no brainer to go there. But only if it resonates very very deeply with you. That's the most important thing. You can watch on youtube a bit to get a feel if someone might be good for you. There are so many teachers and possibilities, it's up to you where you are drawn to go.

@Toby Isaac has one in Netherlands in may 12th-27th that I mostly likely will be attending. It is only around 1250 EUR including flights,retreat and accomidation for two weeks!

If you can afford it, and you want some of the deepest consciousness training in the world, that fall retreat will blow your mind.

BTW, you don't have to do the full 4 week retreat, you could just do 1 or 2 weeks.

Actually, a 28 day retreat for $4000 is not a bad deal at all. It includes food too! Not the greatest food, but eh, you can't be too picky about such things.

When you're cheap with your personal development, don't be surprised when you fail to get good results.

I will be interviewing Peter for a documentary about enlightenment next week. I will interview a handful of masters who have 40+ years experience each!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

47 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you can afford it, and you want some of the deepest consciousness training in the world, that fall retreat will blow your mind.

BTW, you don't have to do the full 4 week retreat, you could just do 1 or 2 weeks.

Actually, a 28 day retreat for $4000 is not a bad deal at all. It includes food too! Not the greatest food, but eh, you can't be too picky about such things.

When you're cheap with your personal development, don't be surprised when you fail to get good results.

I will be interviewing Peter for a documentary about enlightenment next week. I will interview a handful of masters who have 40+ years experience each!

When are you planning to realise the documentary on actualised.org?? Oh my I am so exited!! I have got a smile on my face bigger then this :D right now!

@ZenDog sounds good. You can also go by train/bus there relatively easy. I know this from last year's retreat with Adyashanti, because it was in the same area (not the same retreat center though). I guess if your interest is waking up and embodyment it could be the best choice you can make. But you have to be clear that there is not formal sitting going on as it would be on a traditional Zen/Vipassana retreat.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Thats fucking dope man! :D:D !!

But yeah I have looked around the internet for other teachers, but they all seem so hippie'ish and talk in metaphorical language. I definitely resonate the most with Peter Ralston and his teaching, no bullshit straight to the point. 

Edited by ZenDog

15 hours ago, Huz88 said:

When are you planning to realise the documentary on actualised.org?? Oh my I am so exited!! I have got a smile on my face bigger then this :D right now!

I plan to release it just like the regular videos. But it will take a while to interview everyone and assemble it. Probably 1 year or so timeframe. I'm trying to do one long 2-hour documentary rather than fragments or parts.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.