Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Quantum_fluctuations

Need to feel bad about other people's suffering?

9 posts in this topic

I just read about horrific things that people are going through right now as I am typing this down and it just is coming over and over to my mind. Earlier I used to feel bad about just for a minute and then forgot it, but now I just in background that people suffering so bad somewhere and I am here going through my life.

Do enlightened people feel bad about other people's suffering? And if they don't feel bad about other people's suffering then how do they end up being compassionate? 

I know morals have been established in society so as less suffering happen.

But there is no free will and given physical laws of universe, whatever state universe is right now is the only possible way it could be in, so in a way its the 'perfect' world. Things are just happening here, what happens, really doesn't matter. (or does it?) Enlightened people just do things without does being present there. And suprisingly they don't do much 'evil' maybe that's a inherent trait of that type of brain.

Where is this somewhere? How do you know for sure?

In the end, suffering is also just a part of life. Like happyness and joy. There is nothing thats better than the other. Nothing that is more worse then something else. Its all the same.

13 hours ago, Quantum_fluctuations said:

But there is no free will and given physical laws of universe, whatever state universe is right now is the only possible way it could be in, so in a way its the 'perfect' world. Things are just happening here, what happens, really doesn't matter.

Those are just spiritual beliefs.

Suffering is a real thing. It is the first Noble Truth of the Buddha. 

However, if we are caught in the suffering of the world, we’re in a very low vibration. Therefore our actions won’t be effective. 

Feeling the suffering of others too much is a distraction from turning inwards and dealing with our own suffering.

When we heal ourselves we naturally start to heal the world just by the way we are, the way we talk, the way we interact with others etc. 

And also if we want to do big social projects, they will come out of love, which is the most powerful vibration   that exists.

Btw - I think enlightened people are aware of the “ocean of tears” of the planet, but they do not get lost in it.

@ajasatya What’s your take on this?

Edited by Gabriel Antonio

5 hours ago, Gabriel Antonio said:

@ajasatya What’s your take on this?

there is certainly a gross fat layer of human suffering. even people who don't starve and don't need to sleep on the streets spend tons of energy on self-sabotaging mental patterns.

am i going to suffer because of that? no! complaining about human suffering and suffering because of it would make me hypocrite. xD

the only reasonable way out is getting completely out of the mud. anything else is either a sign of ignorance, insanity or hypocrisy.

also, compassion is not suffering. that's why i'm on this forum.

Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth

6 hours ago, Shadowraix said:

What do you think spirituality is? It's not something separate from actuality 

I agree. 

@ajasatya thanks for the reply :)

Suffering because other people are suffering, leads to even more suffering. To end suffering you have to stop feeding into the story of the suffering self of you and others. Because it is the story itself, that is the cause of the suffering in the first place. 

Very hard when you first awaken to the realities of the world and the suffering you see in others. Its normal and natural to have this response, to feel angry, to feel sadness, disappointment, a whole range of emotions. With time as you come to accept more and more that this is just a fundamental aspect of life, it'll lose its emotional power over you. As you yourself continue to suffer and learn and grow, you'll begin to see first hand how suffering is actually the catalyst for transformation and awakening. This thing that used to be so scary and dark and bad becomes a potent tool for transforming your entire life. After this direct experience, it becomes much easier to see others suffer. For the most part, those who do not suffer, who face no resistance, have little room for growth.

@Quantum_fluctuations

23 hours ago, Quantum_fluctuations said:

Do enlightened people feel bad about other people's suffering? And if they don't feel bad about other people's suffering then how do they end up being compassionate? 

Whether you feel or don't feel compassion, feel sad or happy, feel anxious or scared, do it in the spirit of zen.

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.