solr

Alchemy and magic

7 posts in this topic

I know.... But I'm in complete hermione granger mode lately. ???‍♀️ Does anyone have any book reccomendations? 

Edited by solr

Women Who Run With The Wolves ?

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

I'm starting to study about it too. They say Carl Gustav Jung studied alchemy.

The Kybalion!
Or just listen to Terrence McKenna talking about that stuff on YT.
Also the writings of Manly P. Hall, haven't checked them out myself yet though

@brugluiz Yes, Jung’s writings on alchemy are fascinating!  I haven’t read all his books yet, but from what I’ve read so far it’s surprisingly relevant to consciousness work 

In their goal of creating the perfect substance, the alchemists theorized that the answer lied in the unification of opposites.  This wasn’t a mere physical hypothesis, for they applied the idea at a deep psychological and spiritual level.

Their key insight was that within each pair of opposites lied a “hidden third”, a transcendent principal that would allow for their unification.  So you could say in a metaphorical sense that alchemy was actually describing a path to non-duality

It’s very difficult reading, but highly worth it if you have the patience 

Edited by bmcnicho

43 minutes ago, bmcnicho said:

@brugluiz Yes, Jung’s writings on alchemy are fascinating!  I haven’t read all his books yet, but from what I’ve read so far it’s surprisingly relevant to consciousness work 

In their goal of creating the perfect substance, the alchemists theorized that the answer lied in the unification of opposites.  This wasn’t a mere physical hypothesis, for they applied the idea at a deep psychological and spiritual level.

Their key insight was that within each pair of opposites lied a “hidden third”, a transcendent principal that would allow for their unification.  So you could say in a metaphorical sense that alchemy was actually describing a path to non-duality

It’s very difficult reading, but highly worth it if you have the patience 

Fascinating! Did you mentuon the book though??